Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Let's Play: Pool of Radiance, with no fourth wall  (Read 84781 times)

Phenixmirage

• Bay Watcher
  • Weak vs. Water
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Pool of Radiance, with no fourth wall
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2011, 05:07:08 pm »

Oooh, what to choose?
The nomads aren't going anywhere (ironically); they can wait.  I do hate bandits and thieves, so liberating Koval mansion('s loot) seems like the logical step. However... I'm not used to being so underpowered, so... first level. I vote we investigate Mendor's library. There's bound to be a ton of spells I can learn there, and we might find some clues as to what happened to Max and Future Jack.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2011, 05:42:59 pm »

Our knowledge of this world is quite limited. I suggest investigating Mendor's library.

I understand that at second level I gain a spell of my choosing. What does 'Charm Person' do?

You may have noticed, Laharl, that the keep is currently controlled by undead. These undead are loyal to the city of Phlan...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2011, 06:42:30 pm »

:I'm not used to being so underpowered, so... first level.

: I need to update character sheets. You're presently about 600xp away from level 3. Actually, looking over the party, everyone other than Sturm is eligible to gain a level. Not sure if the party can afford training costs though. The party has a total of ~300 platinum, needs 1000 to train everyone, and a couple people are about five minutes of adventuring away from being able to train a second time. Altogether the party is short about 1100 platinum of what they'll need next play session.

I'll sell off some gems and jewelry and see what we can do.

: I understand that at second level I gain a spell of my choosing. What does 'Charm Person' do?

: Again, I need to update character sheets. You're C3/M2 at the moment, but you're eligible to train to mage 3 right now. If you'd like you can learn charm person, but it only affects humans, it's single target, and they get a saving throw. Since you'll be eligible to learn a second level spell, knock or stinking cloud would probably be more useful.

I'll update character sheets tonight.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:16:03 am by LordBucket »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2011, 01:08:40 am »

: Then I will take the Knock spell and then Charm Person.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2011, 04:17:21 am »

: Then I will take the Knock spell and then Charm Person.

...my mistake. Went to update character sheets and apparently you're 800xp short of level 3 mage. So, next session.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2011, 05:45:27 am »

Those Nomads have to die and this time, no side tracking. I want them all dead!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2011, 09:26:57 am »

While I think contacting these -- nomads? One sec... ah, I see. Seems like more hands in town could be useful, they might know something, and if they've made it as far as they have they must have some skill fighting off the monsters. Let's go talk to them.

Though twitchy over here has me a bit worried he might start slaughtering them halfway through opening greetings... I've got a great idea!

We should split up. The more reasonable members of the party, including myself, the sexy thief-hater, the not-quite-so-but-still-pretty-good-looking overlord, and the lady who had the decency to push for a spell that doesn't immediately slaughter the enemy, we should head up to handle negotiations with the nomads. Meanwhile, stabby mcKillHappy, under the watchful gaze of the reliable Sturm, can go kill things, or rekill things, in the case of the undead, maybe even bring the second-stringers on board!

There's no possible way it could go wrong.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2011, 06:57:06 pm »

: We appear to lack a party consensus. I suggest you guys discuss amongst yourselves what you'd like to do. Note that what Jack suggests is certainly possible, but the teams he proposes include people doing things entirely different from what they've voted for.

So...more input, please.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2011, 08:02:33 pm »

: If you mean to say that Alex and I should go clear the cathedral while the rest of you deal with the nomads, that sounds like a good idea. Though we may require another person or two - we don't know what's in there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2011, 09:54:52 pm »

:The Cathedral is likely well guarded, I would advise going there in force and being prepared for reprisals. The nomads are likely uncivilised and could be manipulated into a detrimental treaty. I propose we promise some sort of bounty for agents of the enemy. The city's authorities can likely spare food, clothing, and trinkets enough to impress a nomadic tribe. Though I still maintain that we should acquire what knowledge we can.
Read the First Post!

Phenixmirage

• Bay Watcher
  • Weak vs. Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »

Having the Bishop of Tyr in our debt could be very handy, especially once we start to investigate Valhingen graveyard.  Ritsuko is right though, freeing the cathedral shouldn't be taken lightly and certainly not with only two people.

I'm willing to help negotiate with the nomads (negotiate, not kill, maim, enslave, or otherwise antagonize them. Though, if they attack first their asses are toast.) as long as we agree to investigate the library next. There have to be some fireball scrolls there and damn it, I need fireballs!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:19:51 am by Phenixmirage »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2011, 01:58:27 am »

Just to clarify, I don't get a vote for being in the future, right?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2011, 02:06:41 am »

: Just to clarify, I don't get a vote for being in the future, right?

: Feel free to make a roster vote. You may be time traveling, but you're still in the game. On a related note, I'll be closing the vote and starting on the next episode soon, so Max, or anyone else who wants to get anything in, now's the time.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:08:20 am by LordBucket »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2011, 01:58:08 am »

Clear Koval Mansion-I think I need a new office for my presidency anyway.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2011, 09:10:10 am »

Updoot?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13