Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Let's Play: Pool of Radiance, with no fourth wall  (Read 84797 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Pool of Radiance, with no fourth wall
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »

Best bump ever.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2011, 11:25:47 pm »

Hey, I wouldn't mind a spot in the backup roster. Especially since some players may need to be... killed for inactivity, if you catch my drift. ;)

Keeping in mind your requests, I've decided to go with a recognizable character from a/two TV show(s)!

Martha Jones, reporting for duty.

Though party of that might be that we could use a Cleric, and she IS a doctor!

However, considering the lineup...  actually, forget that. I love Martha, but clearly what this adventure needs isn't a healer, no. What this adventure needs is another fighter.

Captain Jack Harkness. 133 Squadron, Royal Air Force, or something thereabouts I suppose, reporting for duty.

Spoiler: A bit of flavour (click to show/hide)
Doesn't have a tropes page, but see http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Torchwood for some basics, I suppose.
http://www.planetclaire.org/quotes/doctorwho/jack-harkness/ is probably more useful.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:31:26 pm by GlyphGryph »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2011, 11:37:15 pm »

The army of fighters shall overcome all obstacles!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2011, 11:40:24 pm »

Also, I just wanted to add that I found it odd the OP requires popular well known characters and then, for narrator, picks a nobody from a series no one has ever heard of. :P

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2011, 12:14:26 am »

Also, I just wanted to add that I found it odd the OP requires popular well known characters and then, for narrator, picks a nobody from a series no one has ever heard of. :P
Kyon, a nobody?
I wouldn't exactly say that...

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2011, 08:30:00 am »

: That dragon is starting to annoy me. But moving on. We better be going to Sokal Keep in the near future, or I swear I will make you go there. I mean, it's been around since the beginning of the game, whatever is guarding it is likely going to be as weak as Axel's masculinity.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2011, 11:58:15 am »

Captain Jack Harkness

Accep---

...wait.

133 Squadron, Royal Air Force

You don't really mean the guy who was in one episode of Torchwood and then died, do you? I assume you want the bi(well, more like any)-sexual time traveling con artist who assumed his identity, right?

some players may need to be... killed for inactivity

Let's hope not. There's a finite number of low level questing material in the game, and if people use them up and leave, replacements will be thrust into higher level zones at low level. I can accommodate one or two people here and there provided there are higher level characters to babysit them, but if half the party were to suddenly vanish on us, that would be inconvenient.

odd the OP requires popular well known characters and then, for narrator,
picks a nobody from a series no one has ever heard of.

That's just your regional bias. I may happen to recognize a few BBC characters, but in my part of the world if you were to ask the average passerby who Captain Jack is, they'd think you were talking about Johnny Depp. And if you explained that he was one of the Doctor's companions, they'd probably ask "doctor who?" and not understand why you'd laugh at that.

a nobody from a series no one has ever heard of.

Kyon is the primary protagonist of a verse that consists of...

* 11 novels
 * 2 separate manga series, one of which has been running since 2005 and is still in production
 * A 28 episode anime
 * A 25 episode spinoff series
 * 3 radio dramas
 * A movie
 * 8 video games

It's possible that none of that happens to be popular in your part of the world, but like FuzzyZergling says, he's not exactly a nobody.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2011, 01:59:38 pm »

: Lets find Norris Gray and make him pay for what he did. Also, that Hanz guy looked funny at me, let me make him bleed to death. I could use the experience hehe

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2011, 02:39:54 pm »

And yes, I was just going with his original getting from Dr.Who, I'm not talking about the guy he replaced. The "or something thereabouts I suppose" was supposed to indicate the dubious veracity of such a statement.
I assume you want the bi(well, more like any)-sexual time traveling con artist who assumed his identity, right?
Don't forget his ability to spring back to life immediately after dying! That's an important bit.

And you don't actually need to kill someone to replace them! I mean, 90% of the party is fighters, most of 'em are pretty interchangeable, right? Heheh.

And I was just kidding about the Kyon thing as well. Man, sometimes you think the smileys would be enough to indicate someone wasn't being 100% serious.
(I had never heard of him before, but I did look him up)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:42:23 pm by GlyphGryph »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2011, 02:30:08 am »

yes

Ok. Jack Harkness accepted.

you don't actually need to kill someone to replace them!

I've been considering that. But at the moment it looks like half the party just randomly decided to stop posting. But maybe we just need to give it more time. I said I'd do two updates a week, and it's actually been considerably more than that.

Lets find Norris Gray and make him pay for what he did.

That was the vote from episode 3. Norris was turned in about five days and four official updates ago.

Catch up here:
Episode 4a
Episode 4b
Episode 4c
Interlude 3

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2011, 05:35:29 am »

I want to see a female half-elven cleric/magic-user named Ritsuko Akagi who was forced to come here by a friend who had a crush on one of the players but the friend ditched at the last moment. Unfortunately I don't feel like RPing them at the moment, any takers?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:30 am »

Ritsuko Akagi

I'm familiar with the source material. And TARDIS + Eva definitely opens up some new possibilities. However, I notice that at the moment we seem to be more short on players than characters.

I don't feel like RPing them at the moment

Can you at least show up regularly to vote? I'm starting to worry that we may have lost half our party.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2011, 11:47:05 am »

Have you tried PMing them?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2011, 06:45:06 pm »

It seems that neither of your original missions have been completed. Much of the slums has already been cleared, you should finish with that.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2011, 12:29:58 am »

Have you tried PMing them?

I've been sending out mass emails to all players every time an episode is released, but I'll send a reminder to people we haven't heard from recently.

New rule: Anyone who doesn't vote after a voting question is submitted will be bumped from active into the roster in the following episode. Should conflicts arise, priority will generally be given to players who've been active most recently.

Players currently marked active:
Sturm, Laharl, Raynor

Players currently marked inactive:
Gimli, Max, Axel

Players from the backup roster currently active and ready for promotion to active party:
Jack, Ritsuko

Wildcard:
Alex: has posted recently, but submitted a vote from a question posted a week ago.

If I don't get votes from inactives within the next few days, I'll bump them to the roster and we'll proceed with however many players we have available. As for Alex, since he's still posting in the thread, I'll just play him as being confused, since that would be in character for him. That will give us six players, plus Hanz.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:46:32 pm by LordBucket »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13