Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Let's Play Silent Storm!

(1/3) > >>

Karl Marx:
Hallo und willkommen zu meine sehr eigenen lassen se uns spilen!
Hello and welcome to my very own let's play!

Some of you may remember, I doubt it, but if you do yes I am back from the catacombs, I plumbed the depths of debt mine and found a new cluster of job minerals, now I can actually afford to keep my computer and actually finish a let's play! This time I'll be playing the game Silent Storm, if any of you know this game then you know how much of a gem of a game it is, but nobody really talks about it or remembers it. I'll be bringing you this game in all of it's glory and in the only way suitable. In the dorfiest way I can!

Spoiler: And so we begin (click to show/hide)
As you can see I'll be bringing you an Allies campaign, because Ze Germans can't have Dorfs. I'll be playing on normal difficulty as well because some of the later missions get buttfuck hard even on normal.
Spoiler: The Character (click to show/hide)
The game offers a few premade characters, each character a different class and gender than the last, but none of these exactly scream Dorf do they?

Now that's a Dorf if I've ever seen one! Let's get this started with the soldier class Dorf Urist McGunbeard!
Spoiler: Captain Useless (click to show/hide)
Captain Useless McDeadpants here gives us quite the speech about all hope being lost, and tells us to retreat and that he'll give us cover.

Great cover Captain. After the Captain keels over a fireteam of three Germans rolls up on the nearby hills, but I suspect there's a bit more than three, after all they are being sent after Urist McGunbeard.
Spoiler: Ze Germans, Zey do nothing. (click to show/hide)Enraged by the death of Captain Useless, Urist charges down the rifle wielding Germans with his Sten machine gun, needless to say it's a massacre.

On his way to kill the third German Gunbeard is ambushed by a cowardly German hiding behind a fence, the German stupidly destroys his cover, but manages to land a hit on Gunbeard.

Showing off excellent marksmanship Gunbeard nails the German twice in the chest with the scavenged Mauser rifle.
Spoiler: The target is in sight. (click to show/hide)
Seeing a cluster of red barrels Gunbeard assumes the only logical thing, they must explode!

Of course they explode, !!SCIENCE!! has proven the red barrel theory once again, now to deal with the German officer on the other side of the building, he wanted Gunbeard to rush him from the door, but Gunbeard has other ideas and heads for his newly crafted side entrance.

The German officer is no match for Gunbeard's undeniable accuracy, landing a headshot on the man Gunbeard makes his way inside the building, grabbing a couple of bottles of Haemostatic powder to take back to the medic at base, who has quite a thing for Gunbeard.
Spoiler: And then there was one (click to show/hide)(Side note: I really like the way that screenshot turned out, it looks like the German tried to surrender but Gunbeard said no dice)

Not forgetting his friend by the motorcycles, Gunbeard heads over to the fence and crouches behind it for momentary cover, after the German fires and misses Gunbeard seizes the opportunity, popping out of cover and mowing down the German with multiple shots to the chest and head.
Spoiler:  Roadtrip with Captain Useless (click to show/hide)
Not one to leave a man behind, Gunbeard goes back to Captain Useless and picks him up, knowing that if he takes one of the German motorcycles he can have the Captain back at base and in the soft hands of the Medic.

And that's it for this chapter, next time we go back to base and meet the crew, and we get a crew of badass party members to accompany Gunbeard. Please tell me what you think, and if you have any suggestions they would be appreciated!

Until next time have a great day and, as always, put your faith in Communism!

DancingBadger:
For your first forum based LP its not bad!

Taricus:
Ohh, watching this.

Don't know why the germans aren't considered dwarves though, they do enough !!SCIENCE!! to make anyone jealous.

Burnt Pies:
Yes, but some of that German !!SCIENCE!! is horrific enough to make even Dorfs feel a bit ill. The less said about it the better.

stabbymcstabstab:
Germans are not dwarfs their "shudders" Goblins. The russians are the dwarfs they had some mercy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version