Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapons and Armors questions  (Read 700 times)

Jorjon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapons and Armors questions
« on: August 08, 2011, 01:04:07 pm »

1. Is M249 better than AK-47?
2. Is Flamethrower useful? Does it uses the TROWING skill?
3. Is Army Body Armor better than SWAT Armor?

Thanks.

Jorjon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons and Armors questions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 05:01:41 pm »

Replying my own thread, I read weapons.xml

1. M249 has random damage of 301 and strikes 5 times. AK-47 has random damage of 251 and strikes 3 times. Both have fixed damage of 10. So looking at these numbers I can say that yes it's better.
2. Again, by the numbers deals 201 random damage, but has 9 armor penetration in constrats to AK-47 which has 7. But it burns, and I don't know the numbers what I think that's damage over time. And uses the heavy weapons skill.
3. By the numbers, yes, has more bonus armor.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 05:09:00 pm »

1: Yes. The M249 is a heavy machine gun. The AK-47 is less powerful. But since there are only 9 spare M249 magazines in the entire game, it might be too awesome to use.
2: Not really. It causes fires on the square you're on, so you get burned anytime you use it. It is a heavy weapon. Where the hell did you get the idea that you would throw it at your enemies?
3: SWAT body armor have 5 defense on the head, 7 on the torso, 2 on the arms, and 2 on the legs. Army body armor have 6 on the head, and 8 on the body, but do not cover legs nor arms. I tend to think SWAT is better because you have protection on your whole body, but it's ultimately your choice.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:11:04 pm by Elodie Hiras »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 05:39:20 pm »

Note, you can put on bunker gear you get from killing firemen to reduce the fire damage, but IIRC it is useless against anything else.