A. Awesome
- 1 (6.3%)
A. Adorable
- 2 (12.5%)
B. Both A. and A.
- 13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP  (Read 25928 times)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP
« on: August 08, 2011, 03:16:47 pm »

53 miles above the surface of Tolla, a tiny ship bound for the nearby mineral-rich asteroids stalls in midflight, caught by the planet’s gravity well.

This small spacecraft is only about the length of a pencil, and barely twice as thick, but in its belly it carries the seeds of civilization, the seeds of life. Too bad the planet below already has both, but you don't always get what you want in life, and sometimes you hardly get what you need.

There are 5 still living species of sentients in this spacecraft, enough to start a small colony each. In fact, that is what they are meant to do, each given a small pod for their eggs to go into. As the ship enters the atmosphere, the ship’s computers wake up, painfully slowly. So slowly, in fact, the ship is almost into the ocean before it manages to launch the pods.

Each pod is the size of one button on a normal television remote. Although the pods deploy retrorockets, they still have the speed and power to make it all the way to the sea floor. The pods carefully re-pressurize themselves to match the new pressures exerted on them from the surrounding waters as they descend, being prepared and ready to deploy by the time they reach the Sea Floor.

It should be mentioned that the area is rather empty at this time, most sea life being away for a time or asleep. Smalls grow quickly, but the things should still be back in time to notice the smalls before they do anything, if they are not inside something! As the leader of your tribe of Smalls, you have the responsibility of finding shelter, and rediscovering enough technology to spread your race up into the higher layer of ocean and across the planet!

Go forth, and multiply!

Spoiler: Rules/Synopsis (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Key (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Diagrams (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FAQ (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Race Creation Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waiting List (click to show/hide)
WIKI
(In progress- not nearly done yet.)

If you have any questions, ask them in the OOC thread or PM me.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:45:46 pm by Edio »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:21:27 pm »

They were created by those above...Born to survive these waters...This world was theirs to conquor...For they were the first and thus the greatest. They were the Lofani, the Ancients.

The chasms of the sea were theirs for them. Their prey was here to be herded and devoured. By calm and storm the world was Lofani.

Kyridgem was chosen as leader to lead the Shelled-Ones. The chasms would hide them from those who would feast on them. The local prey was numerous here.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »

I'm going to wait to launch this until we have all five people, so no one gets left behind.

EDIT: Here's the [tentative] map I made (thanks go to Akylon for pointing me to this awesome program). As people join, I'll add in their locations. If you want, you can specify a color to be used for your race's buildings on the map.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:01:05 pm by Edio »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla: A Smalls RP
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:05:06 am »

((OOC: Not sure how this works, so... Here goes.))

Name: Ul'mare the Seaborn (Singular & Plural)
Starting Spot: Deep-Sea Caverns
Description: A tiny humanoid race reminiscent of faeries, these energetic sea-folk glide through the sea using wing-like limbs to spiral in and out of the small caves in which they reside. As a race bound by honor and truth, the Ul'mare are united in their communities and extremely dedicated to the survival and expansion of their people. Though they seem like childish pranksters, there is much power and wisdom behind their cheerful antics.

Physical: Due to their well-adapted wing-fins, they are highly agile and tend to flee rather than fight. If forced to fight, they will employ a natural venom injected through patches of spiny flesh throughout their body, from the two tiny horns upon their heads, and secreted below their tongues, which causes temporary paralysis and pain. Though physically frail, their natural defenses more than make up for their small size.

Cultural: The Ul'mare are, above all, a peaceful race of benevolent protectors. They are dedicated to the study of living organisms and strive to protect the denizens of the deep as if Ul'mare themselves. They will always resort to violence last, and rely on their speed, agility and natural weapons to survive. The Ul'mare have a deep-seated obsession with symmetry and intricate designs; one can identify their lands via the complex markings left on plants, shells, and stone - don't expect to understand what they mean, though.

(EDIT: Added some flavor text and a balancing mechanism via weak body/small size + defensive mechanisms to give my race a bit of an offensive crutch.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:54:45 pm by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 11:53:28 am »

Name: Snaug
Starting Spot: Undersea Mud Pits
Description: The Snaug are ambush predators, waiting in the mud for prey to wander near before ensnaring them with their ten tentacles. They resemble disks, with a mouth on their "top" connected to four tentacles, and six tentacles ringing the "sides". On their underbelly are several holes connected to water bladders, allowing short bursts of fast movement.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 12:02:05 pm »

(post to watch, might join later if I have an idea for a race)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:25:28 pm »

Alrighty. The map is all set, and we're just waiting for one more player. In the meantime, I'm adding some backstory.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 01:34:34 pm »

Alrighty. The map is all set, and we're just waiting for one more player. In the meantime, I'm adding some backstory.

BACKSTORY, YYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!

...Anyway, sounds good. :)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 03:59:53 pm »

As the ship careens toward the ocean, it manages to disgorge four of the five Pods inside of it before breaking apart into two pieces. The four Pods hurtle through the air and plunge into the depths of the ocean. With all the speed of torpedoes and an incredible amount of momentum, they punch through any and all obstacles in their path until they reach the Sea Floor.

The first Pod plows through the water, continuing until it impacts a rocky ledge overhanging what looks to be a dark gash in the sea floor. The force of the blow causes the rock to fracture and fall down, down, down into the abyss below- and taking the Pod along with it...

The second Pod shoots through a cloud of sulfur gas, going so fast that it leaves a neat tunnel through the cloud. It slams into the side of a large sulfur vent, teetering between rolling down the side and remaining in its tiny crater...

The third Pod's impact is much less violent than the others. Its blow is cushioned as it pierces a layer of squishy silt. All around it, the cloud of debris from the crash lands softly in a large expanse of mud, surrounded on all sides by steep walls of hard clay...

The fourth Pod crashes through layer upon layer of huge algal fronds. It keeps going until it embeds itself in the base of an enormous kelp tree. Bits of leaf rain down like confetti around the Pod, leaving a breadcrumb-like trail that follows its path of destruction...

While all the rest of the Pods rain from the sky, the only Pod that failed to deploy remains in the rear half of the ship. With a screech of metal on metal, the mechanisms finally click and slide the Pod out of the ship. Its retrorockets deploy, slowing it much faster than the hunk of ship it's trailing. The ship hits the water first, engines still powering it into the deep. It hits the Floor first, lodging almost a foot down in the rock. Something- maybe a frayed wire, a leaking fuel line- causes a critical malfunction in the ship's engines... It explodes and creates a massive crater in the Sea Floor, exposing the porous rock below. The Pod, having no navigation, follows in the trail of the engine's bubbles, drifting into the deep caves below...

As one, the Pod's hatches click and begin to unseal, the recently awoken Smalls inside tasting the waters that would become their home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Before the Pods hit the Sea Floor, they manage to conduct a basic scan of the surrounding area. The planet appears to be inhabitable. A readout of the scan shows that there is enough resources and space to sustain life, at least for now. There is also signs that this planet is already inhabited by living organisms. By what, the scan does not say. The front half of the ship is still intact, but could not be pinpointed.

>The contents of this scan are downloaded and printed before the Pod's computers shut down.

Spoiler: >SCAN RESULTS (click to show/hide)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:05:28 pm »

((OOC: Who the hell is in the Kelp? That's the only one who's landing spot wasn't determined by our back-stories. o_O

Before I start, I'm the one who crashed into the deep caves revealed by the crater ,right?)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 04:09:22 pm »

Player: rutsber
Name: Flannigans
Color: Orange
Starting Spot: Kelp Field
Description: Small humanoids with a pipe like tail that they are able to shunt water out of as a propellant. Flannigans prefer the kelp fields for the abundance of food and fertile ground for both farming and hunting.
As for a building color, Orange if possible, otherwise anything.

Rutsber's race crashed into the kelp, here's his back-story. Also, yes, you are the one who crashed into the deep caves.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 04:12:29 pm »

The Snaug exit their craft, and assess the number of survivors while dragging the pod up to the surface of the mud.

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 04:15:11 pm »

In a flurry of motion, the Yaffi boil out of their pod, basking in the life-giving sulfur. The strongest of the multitude begin to secure the pod firmly to the base of the mighty vent. The swiftest of the multitude spread out to look for hard-shelled sea life to infest, er... Domesticate.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:06:08 pm by Alternatecash »
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 04:21:24 pm »

The Lofani instanly got to work. They exited the pod and began to explore and look for creatures of the chasms. Some decided to renovate the pod and turn it upwards.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »

The flannigans exit the pod, and begin to gather fallen leaves for a shelter.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14