Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: D&D 3.5-Scifi/Coreward Bound (Sign-ups and Character Creations-3 Spots remain)  (Read 7178 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Actually, looking at  at the OP I'm not seeing a LA restriction. Doesn't it just make you level up slower? Also they get nerfed a bit by the houserules (no polymorph/etc.)
The LA restriction is located under the section headed "Starting Level is 1".

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I'm not actually seeing it in writing, but AFAIK normal D&D rules allow it at level 1 with the caveat that your exp to level is treated as x levels higher, where x is your LA. Of course, if the dm says no then I'll just make a normal race.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Not by any D&D I've played :P.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean technically that is a option. But it's basically equivalent to another person making a level five character for a level one game. The GM could allow it, but generally speaking they don't.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Actually, looking at  at the OP I'm not seeing a LA restriction. Doesn't it just make you level up slower? Also they get nerfed a bit by the houserules (no polymorph/etc.)
No, it makes you level up the same speed but have fewer levels.

I mean technically that is a option. But it's basically equivalent to another person making a level five character for a level one game. The GM could allow it, but generally speaking they don't.
Precisely.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Precisely.

Same difference, honestly. >___< I think how I put it is how they word it in the books, but that's basically the effect.

Maybe if I die :P

Halfling it is!
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Precisely.

Same difference, honestly. >___< I think how I put it is how they word it in the books, but that's basically the effect.

Maybe if I die :P

Halfling it is!
Halfling Special Tactics?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Nope. The way it is in the book is that it increases your ECL.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, since Dwarmin is back is this thing on track for going?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

So, since Dwarmin is back is this thing on track for going?
+1.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Two weeks of sans net and one week of flu have seriously degraded my creative potential.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Can we transfuse you?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Can we transfuse you?

I'd need at least 50 cc's of Ironyowladexatrin...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]