Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll To Fight A Pointless War: A Post-Apocalyptic RTD. Turn Three: Aww.  (Read 3613 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Story (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
I hope this turns out to be my first RTD that lasts a while, due to my bad luck with them. Four people would be good. You win once everyone else dies. I apologize in advance if I have to give this up.

Spoiler: WAITING LIST (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:16:09 pm by Fniff »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Fight A Pointless War: A Post-Apocalyptic RTD
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:21:58 pm »

Name: Metrom Sigmund
Weapon: Standard Rifle
Personality: Depressed, but not suicidal. Is constantly looking for meaning in life.

I love these simple RTDs.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:25:05 pm »

Name: Ben Oldberg
Weapon: Medical Kit
Personality: Omnicidal maniac who is stuck with medic duty because nobody wants him near anything that might even possibly be a weapon.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 02:43:03 pm »

Name: Gatty Roberts
Weapon: Machine Gun
Personality: Ruthless, selfish and greedy.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 02:51:46 pm »

Name: Briar
Weapon: Machine Gun
Personality: A slightly insane man with a severe god complex.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 02:57:58 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

The night over the ruined city was radiation-tinted and unhappy. The rain fell, creating mud but not greenery. The trench was cold and damp, as the last occupants of the trench sat in a small make-shift bunker around a campfire, trying to warm up. Water dripped from the ceiling, and fell to the ground.

"So, I kneed the bitch and slammed my gun butt into her mouth, and she spat out a tooth! That's what you get for not giving me some sugar!" Ben, the local psychopath, laughed. Metrom shifted his gun and looked into the fire longingly, but it was hard to tell due to the mask.

"You know, sometimes I think I am the last sane man on Earth..." He mumbled.

"Shut up, emo boy. Go play with your black-colored dolls or some shit." Ben said, then looked inside the medkit. "Fuck, I mean, why did they have to give me medic duty? Okay, shooting that dick where it hurts was a bit of a mean thing to do, but he did some pretty annoying crap."

"I was actually pretty happy when you shot him. He was a dick." Gatty said, flicking the safety on his gun on and off.

"Dude, do that enough and you'll break it off!" Briar smirked. "Some things you should stop fiddling with, you already learned your lesson with your di--"

"Shut up Briar." Gatty said, and continued to flick the switch on and off. The radio crackled in the circular dirt hole, and someone talked. "Alpha Delta, Alpha Delta, please respond. Centuari-Omega contacting Alpha-Delta, over."

Connor ran over and picked up the microphone. "This is Alpha-Delta, what is it Centuari-Omega, over?" He asked.

"Boys, you are going over the top. We are assaulting the base directly." The officer said, with an obvious smirk on his face.

"Uh, sir... we are the only ones left. The rest got killed in a strafing run." Metrom said, after walking over and taking the microphone from Connor.

"Tough shit, Alpha-Delta. You are still going over the top. Centuari-Omega out."

Metrom sighed. "Well, we're fucked."

"Aw, come on guys. It can't be that bad." Connor said, smiling weakly. "We can think of something, right?"

The rest remained silent. Metrom picked up a knife and carved into the wall "Metrom Sigmund, lived 2033-20??". The rest followed in order apart from Briar, who merely loaded his large machine gun, and Connor, who just shrugged.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:27:23 pm by Fniff »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 02:59:26 pm »

Still room for me?

Name: Connor Binesi
Weapon: Standard Rifle
Personality: Hard to discourage, disturb, scare and usually always content, but rather eccentric and unpredictable at times.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 03:11:16 pm »

Oh no, too slow, that filled quickly. I'd be interested if there's a waiting list?

Damn my incompetence, sorry for the double post, I thought I was editing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:33:12 pm by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 03:31:57 pm »

Name: Gregor Stevens
Weapon: Medic kit
Personality: A bit of a depressive daydreamer because he remembers music and how things could be - sometimes happy at the slightest thing; usually apathetic.

[awesome - thanks for letting me wait, and I changed it slightly]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:50:18 pm by lawastooshort »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make marks alongside the path we make as we travel.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Keep an eye out for anything I can use as a melee weapon on the way.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile

Be on the lookout for ammo or ambushes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Walk along with the rest of the group, while whistling a merry tune.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look for weapons despite not being allowed to have any.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The squad climbed over the trench and into the storm. The wind howled around them, and the rain chilled their bones. Briar whistled Michelle by The Beatles, but he didn't really know the name of it. His incredibly bad singing made everyone realize just how bad the situation was. Metrom marked the way with his fingernails, writing "Netom wz hre" on the walls. The marks stayed, slightly faded but not very. Connor found some ammo under a metal sheet, and he smiled as he pocketed it. Gatleos went over and ripped out a lead pipe out of a partially ruined wall, and swung it. It made a metallic swishing sound. He smiled and put it in his backpack. It stuck out slightly. Ben, following his example, looked for a weapon. By sheer chance, he managed to find the best weapon possible in this situation: A Jackson Shotgun, perfect for close and long range warfare. However, the only way he got this was by accidentally taking it from a random scavenger, who is sleeping. The scavenger woke up, grabbed his pistol and aimed it squarely at the squad of soldiers.

"You guys are idiots..." Briar moaned.

"Oh well, he'll understand that it was a--" Connor was interrupted by bullets.

The scavenger fired wildly at them. The group jumped behind various walls and hid. Bullets whizzed by, some landing dangerously near, but no-one was harmed.

"Oh, look at that. He didn't understand." Ben looked at the shotgun. "But I bet he'll understand the tale of a man and some buckshot who met quickly and fatally!"

The group looked at Ben.

"... You guys don't understand me!" He yelled.

"And you call me an emo." Metrom said.

"So, what the fuck are we going to do? I was thinking of running my ass away while you guys distract him, but I could change that to shoot you guys and get promoted. But that's basically my short, medium and long term plan, so yeah." Gatty said.
Pages: [1] 2 3