Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 1330 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapons
« on: August 09, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »

currently i don't have access to iron or flux, so im limited to copper, bronze, and silver weapons for the time being.  which is best for swords, spears, and battleaxes?  is silver still best for warhammers?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:55:41 pm »

Silver is best for warhammers.

Referencing this page, it looks like bronze will be the best for edged weapons (swords, axes) and should also be the best for spears (which aren't really edged weapons).

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:59:30 pm »

Silver is best for warhammers.

Referencing this page, it looks like bronze will be the best for edged weapons (swords, axes) and should also be the best for spears (which aren't really edged weapons).

just so i can help myself in the future, what on the weapons and armor table did you use to inform your answer?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:04:07 pm »

and should also be the best for spears (which aren't really edged weapons).

Yes they are.

Copper should make the best shields, shield material doesn't effect blocking abilities, but the weight of the shield helps with shield bashing. In this case, copper would be the best material since you can't make shields out of silver.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 10:09:00 pm »

Sorry for any confusion; I meant that IRL spears aren't edge weapons like swords and axes, so wouldn't benefit the same from materials.

I used the table at the very bottom. I've referenced that thing so many times I should know it by heart.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 08:48:20 am »

Just suit up in bronze armor with silver war hammers and copper shields.  Show those goblins who the boss is.  Then repalce their gear gradually with the steel made from goblinite or melted stuff you bought from caravans..
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.