Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Graveyard Keeper - Can You Dig It?  (Read 3494 times)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graveyard Keeper - Can You Dig It?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 09:27:40 am »

I have also read that stupid thingy with injections, but there is much false stuff from beta and such circulating. It also implicated you can use many injections as long as they are same type. I tried to get big boost as soon as I got glue injections and found out it's other way around. I couldn't put in 2nd glue, but did put a preservative injection.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 08:31:28 pm »

I've yet to begin with working on my corpses using embalming. It's gonna be a long slog working through my graveyard and retreating all the corpses there, especially since gold is so scarce. I'm holding off until I build up a decent stockpile of treatments so I'm not repeating myself later.

In other news, I just murdered Geralt of Rivia! That was a fun easter-egg.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 11:39:38 am »

Finally beat the game!

258 game days, with a 433 graveyard rating and 82 church. I was aiming for a completion inside a game year, and it turned out it wasn't that hard to achieve.

I definitely could have optimized my playthrough better, but overall I'm happy enough to call this one a win and shelve this game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2018, 04:06:14 am »

Is there any reason to optimize for speed? Does the game have a soft time limit like stardew valley?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 06:37:22 am »

Minimizing tedium is one reason why you might want to do it. You get to unlock more options sooner. Also, if you’ve ever played a zachtronics game you’d know that optimization is inherently enjoyable.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 11:41:16 am »

I found a really good way to minimize the tedium actually...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.
Pages: 1 [2]