Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What beast/titan sickness is your favorite?

Zombie Army
- 69 (40.8%)
Kitten Rot
- 35 (20.7%)
Instant Death
- 7 (4.1%)
Massive Swelling (Dwarf Balloons)
- 18 (10.7%)
Slow and Painful Death
- 22 (13%)
Pssh, your pathetic excuses for disease pale in comparison to the one I'll tell you about in my reply!
- 4 (2.4%)
Beast sickness?  What's that mean?
- 14 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: FB Sicknesses are FUN! Zombie Army!  (Read 55293 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
FB Sicknesses are FUN! Zombie Army!
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:54:22 pm »

So, this Forgotten Beast appears in my fortress.  The last line of its description was "Beware its deadly dust!"  Naturally, I completely ignored this and sent my entire military to strike down the fell monstrosity.  That, as it turns out, was a mistake.  Everyone who came into contact with the "deadly dust" very quickly came down with advanced rot in all their skin, and turned into walking clouds of miasma.  Fortunately, there do not seem to be any other effects, but it's really too early to tell whether or not my entire military will suddenly collapse with spinal rot or something.  :-\

EDIT:  This just in!  I looked at one of the dwarves who had been in contact with the dust, and saw on the wound screen that pretty much all her muscles are completely numb.  (Also, her leg is broken, and the wound was allowed to fester, so she's not likely to live much longer.  :( )
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:21:45 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
Re: First FB sickness! Walking miasma!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »

Bad stories have been told about these kind of syndromes. If it is not too late, quarantine those effected by it, and seal off areas that have it in them. Then wait to see if it is fatal.
...Said Bloxace.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:15:30 pm »

If it is not too late, quarantine those effected by it, and seal off areas that have it in them.

Actually, the dust evaporated pretty much instantaneously, so there's no residue left.  That, at least, is a blessing.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:35 pm »

Exactly which parts of the body are rotting? If they are going numb all over, then this disease was a blessing, as your dwarves are now immune to pain.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:17:53 pm »

Capture this thing. Now, if it still alive. Then use it to make ALL OF YOUR DWARVES IMMUNE TO PAIN! How wonderfully useful.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:21:48 pm »

Exactly which parts of the body are rotting? If they are going numb all over, then this disease was a blessing, as your dwarves are now immune to pain.

The rotting parts are now largely done rotting, I guess numbness is stage two.  A few of the dwarves are still creating the occasional miasma cloud.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:51:12 pm »

So their skin just rotted off? Jesus..
Magma is overrated.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:59:10 pm »

So their skin just rotted off? Jesus..

If I know these forums well enough.. Sooner or later, someone is going to draw art of skinless Dwarves.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 08:03:51 pm »

Ah gota love compound syptoms, first you get insted nercrosis and then everything that rots goes numb.
O_O
YOU GOT LIVING ZOMBIES :D
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:48 pm »

I had a FB with dust that caused every single body part to instantly fill with blood and simultaneously rot.

Those dwarves didn't last very long...
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »

Ah gota love compound syptoms, first you get insted nercrosis and then everything that rots goes numb.
O_O
YOU GOT LIVING ZOMBIES :D

LEGENDARY CARP, YOU'RE RIGHT!  :o
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 08:25:36 pm »

I'm 99% sure this is how Resident Evil started.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 09:11:47 pm »

Resident Fortress: Armok Edition
...Said Bloxace.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 09:13:42 pm »

I'm sigging this.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 09:16:41 pm »

watch as there's a stage 3 that makes them go berserk, then start attacking and infecting other dwarves  ;D
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6