Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What beast/titan sickness is your favorite?

Zombie Army
- 69 (40.8%)
Kitten Rot
- 35 (20.7%)
Instant Death
- 7 (4.1%)
Massive Swelling (Dwarf Balloons)
- 18 (10.7%)
Slow and Painful Death
- 22 (13%)
Pssh, your pathetic excuses for disease pale in comparison to the one I'll tell you about in my reply!
- 4 (2.4%)
Beast sickness?  What's that mean?
- 14 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: FB Sicknesses are FUN! Zombie Army!  (Read 55111 times)

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
Re: First FB sickness! Walking miasma!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 09:23:14 pm »

From experience, your dwarves will either die due to paralysis (asphyxiation), cerebral necrosis, or be bedridden (unconscious aka eternal sleep).

Have fun! And don't forget to butcher the FB for meat!
"That is the most amazing thing I have ever read ever."
- Friend's reaction to Bronzemurder

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 09:30:48 pm »

Have fun! And don't forget to butcher the FB for meat!

WAY ahead of you.  It's already been made into *forgotten beast tallow roasts*.  They are delicious.

EDIT: We need to come up with a name for this.  Though it might be better to wait until I know exactly what it does.  BTW, as far as I can tell, it's not spreading (so no fortress full of skinless, immune-to-pain dwarves. Only the military are affected).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:46:11 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 10:15:07 pm »

I had dust once that gave a dwarf brain rot.  He promptly headed back to the barracks to spar, all with a rotten brain.  I ended up losing the save to some dfhack mode changes to see if the syndrome was still active or not.

Camper2490

• Bay Watcher
  • Imbibo ergo sum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 01:41:16 am »

Illnesses like this are often referred to as kitten rot or kitten plague, as it easily infects small animals. Even though this disease causes numbness you should make quarantine priority one. Also check if it has a spatter effect, for this could spread the disease. If it's rotting their skin then its probably contact necrosis, and if spatter exposure is present it could begin to rot the newly exposed muscle layers.
The interesting thing about dwarves is that they don't have an immune system, but rather the ability to maintain an extremely high blood alcohol content for extended periods of time.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 02:05:32 am »

Illnesses like this are often referred to as kitten rot or kitten plague, as it easily infects small animals. Even though this disease causes numbness you should make quarantine priority one. Also check if it has a spatter effect, for this could spread the disease. If it's rotting their skin then its probably contact necrosis, and if spatter exposure is present it could begin to rot the newly exposed muscle layers.

Pretty sure he said that the dust insta-evaporates and leaves no residue.

Camper2490

• Bay Watcher
  • Imbibo ergo sum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 02:07:47 am »

Then fuck yeah zombie army
The interesting thing about dwarves is that they don't have an immune system, but rather the ability to maintain an extremely high blood alcohol content for extended periods of time.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 08:26:05 am »

Then fuck yeah zombie army

Yeah, as far as I can tell, there's no way for this to spread beyond those caught in the actual dust clouds, leaving me with the nearest thing to A ZOMBIE ARMY!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:41:23 am by Gizogin »
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 09:01:05 am »

EDIT: We need to come up with a name for this.  Though it might be better to wait until I know exactly what it does.  BTW, as far as I can tell, it's not spreading (so no fortress full of skinless, immune-to-pain dwarves. Only the military are affected).

This particular strain is the T-Virus, obviously.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: First FB sickness! Zombie Army!
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 09:08:54 am »

Someone really needs to make a "What Syndromes Are You Getting?"  thread.  I really hope it would be as fun as this thread.

Also, can your zombie army even fight properly? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 09:24:49 am »

Also, can your zombie army even fight properly? 

I haven't had a chance to test them yet.  Actually, if I'm honest, I'm hesitant to use them just yet.  I think I remember something about flesh rot causing instant death from blood loss in any actual combat.  They're sparring normally, which I take as a promising sign.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 09:30:04 am »

OMG, if these dwarves somehow just stopped aging as well, you, my friend, have created the coolest fighting force in DF.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 10:21:43 am »

If there's necrosis all over the body, the doctors will wash it off with soap.

Then you're left with skeletons with the organs still intact.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 11:00:36 am »

If there's necrosis all over the body, the doctors will wash it off with soap.

Then you're left with skeletons with the organs still intact.

The rotting parts are now largely done rotting

Also, they're skeletons with muscles and organs.  Just the skin is gone.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 11:03:32 am »

That's kinda awesome AND bad.  One the one hand; unfeeling skeleton army that kills on command.  On the other, no protective fat over the organs. 

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 11:28:56 am »

So, I found out what was causing some of the miasma: many of my military dwarves (especially in my crossbow squad) are mothers who take their babies into battle with them.  Several of these babies were exposed to the FB dust, and were never taken to the hospital for treatment.  As a result, they are currently quivering lumps of rotten flesh, and they all have "severe blood loss" from it.  On the plus side, I tested my zombie army against some random cavern dwellers, and they didn't die instantly.  I'll keep you posted on the pain status.

EDIT: some of the miasma is also coming from a dog.  Bizarrely, only his paws are rotten.

EDIT 2: I just lost a dwarven baby to infection.  Not sure yet if it's from the FB rot or not.

EDIT 3: There goes another dwarven baby.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:45:34 am by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6