Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What beast/titan sickness is your favorite?

Zombie Army
- 69 (40.8%)
Kitten Rot
- 35 (20.7%)
Instant Death
- 7 (4.1%)
Massive Swelling (Dwarf Balloons)
- 18 (10.7%)
Slow and Painful Death
- 22 (13%)
Pssh, your pathetic excuses for disease pale in comparison to the one I'll tell you about in my reply!
- 4 (2.4%)
Beast sickness?  What's that mean?
- 14 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: FB Sicknesses are FUN! Zombie Army!  (Read 54697 times)

Lortath

• Bay Watcher
  • Alway symmetric, alway perfect, alway.
    • View Profile
Re: First FB sickness! Zombie Army!
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »

To franti

You're dwarf get protected of the syndrome by clothings (yea, the pig tail sock is really effective).
Kittens and chield (who are, uh, naked) will rot and die. What is a good thing (or not).

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »

Anyone with experience with beast sickness: Will the sickness spread if I get an infected and bleeding dwarf with others in a pool of water?  I don't know how it actually infected them (inhalation or skin contact?), so if you need that information it's going to be difficult to get.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 08:01:52 pm »

Take is safe and quarantine him.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »

It will only spread through the original extract I believe, so if the infected's clean it should be safe.

Or disappointing, depending on which outcome you were going for.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »

My most dangerous FB to date was some kind of lizardy-dinosaur thing, beware it's deadly dust!  The dust spread by contact, so all my military that managed to get there before it was killed got the syndrome.  They went blind for a couple months, then got better.

I told them to stop playing with their spears like that or they'd go blind.  But they never learn.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:17 pm »

Take is safe and quarantine him.
Wheres the !!FUN!! in that? I would just let him go along his daily lives just w/o any skin.
If it was a contact syndrom and it only contacted the skin then all it should do is what it already has because  think about it. It caused numbmness which is semi good/bad because now they cant feel pain YAY but now they have proboly have redused physical stats like strenth and agility.
It also caused nercois to the everything that it toutched with what just the skin and since the skin rotted off you your dwarvens should have no more of that syndrom on them. Basicly go with the !!FUN!! route and dont do anything about them :D
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2011, 09:16:29 pm »

I remember my first syndrome. It came from a Zinc Quadruped and caused severe bleeding as stage one.

No one survived to stage 2. Or the emergency sprint to the hospital, for that matter.

The bleeding syndromes can cause faster death than the paralysis-suffocation syndromes.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2011, 09:21:48 pm »

It will only spread through the original extract I believe, so if the infected's clean it should be safe.

Or disappointing, depending on which outcome you were going for.

Yeah, that's pretty annoying (though I still don't know if there's a stage 3).
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 09:42:21 pm »

A FB just slaughtered by army, but It died eventually. It's blood causes kitten rot. For reals.
No dwarves are harmed at all, but all animals that pass through the area die. It's awesome.

I think you're going to have a case of Battlefailed if you're not careful - Don't let any dwarves take of their shoes...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2011, 02:17:55 am »

So what's the status of the soldiers?  Gizogin, if you find another syndrome spewing FB, do not kill it.  See the effects, and you can make a pharmaceutical company with a weather-deflection device as the logo.  And if the effects are awesome, try to spread it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2011, 07:39:31 am »

So what's the status of the soldiers?  Gizogin, if you find another syndrome spewing FB, do not kill it.  See the effects, and you can make a pharmaceutical company with a weather-deflection device as the logo.  And if the effects are awesome, try to spread it.

Right now, the soldiers are stable.  Their sickness has not advanced beyond complete numbness, and they've survived a couple of battles (including a fire-breathing FB!) without ill effect.  I'll definitely try to get a hold of another FB to experiment with.

EDIT: yeah, my military is composed largely of elite dwarves with legendary combat skills, which is why they easily beat the FB (also, the fact that it was made of vomit probably helped there)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:16:21 pm by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 09:58:09 am »

My zombie military just defeated a hydra!  Well, technically it bled to death, but my marksdwarves are entirely responsible for the wounds that caused it to do so.

In mostly unrelated news, I made a magma pump stack!  My FPS has never been lower!  :D
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2011, 10:03:30 am »

Huh, are they all marksdwarves?  I doubt that, so can you give us a more detailed rundown of your military zombies?  The beating the hydra thing was cool, but that was ranged combat.  Are these things shambling sacks of rotting flesh, or are they ultra-killer B.O.W.s?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2011, 10:21:24 am »

If they have no skin or body fat, they are fireproof.

You now have the ultimate anti-dragon defence.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2011, 11:51:35 am »

I have three squads (technically four, but my captain of the guard's squad doesn't count).  They are:
The Blockades of Wheeling (10 sworddwarves/macedwarves/wrestlers, 5 of which are zombies)

The Geared Punches (10 marksdwarves, 7 of which are zombies)

The Mechanical Covers (10 sworddwarves/wrestlers, 3 of which are zombies)

That means that, out of an active military of 30 dwarves, 15 have no skin and cannot feel pain. 
(BTW, The Geared Punches, despite being a marksdwarf squad, specialize in bludgeoning their enemies to death with their crossbows when they run out of ammo [which they do very quickly])

EDIT: Sorry, I should also have mentioned that about five babies/children of my military dwarves are also affected.

If they have no skin or body fat, they are fireproof.

You now have the ultimate anti-dragon defence.

I actually don't know whether or not they have fat.  Does anyone know how I can check?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:54:08 am by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6