Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: RTBAFMCTDS Turn 2- Where the hell are all of the Monsters?  (Read 11429 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Freelancing Magical Creature Take-Down Squad
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

My bio is less crappy now!

Spoiler: Bio (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 07:53:24 pm »

And I try to flesh my character out in game... because I don't like giving my character a set personality from the get go I love to develop him/her/it

In my personal opinion, you shouldn't really do that. You don't have a motivation, a history, thoughts or anything. At least give him a bigger motivation then "lol huntz damons lol!" There is a hundred ways you could pull it off! "Hunts demons but wonders if they really are demons in our sense" "Hunts demons because he wants to forget he loves hunting humans too" "Hunts demons because he feels it is his duty to his father, but doesn't want this life" "Pretends to hunt demons but actually wants to gain more power in the metaphorical and literal sense from them."
((check the bio))

I checked it. You just fight demons because your father is a priest. Real life never works out like that. Maybe you are just the wrong guy for the job, maybe you just don't like spending your entire life knowing what humanity is up against, maybe you just are too tired already to fight demons for this long. There are so many motivations, and you just have a guy with no flaws who does what his father tells him to do! My guy fights werewolves because they killed his sister, so he has a pretty good reason for keeping up his vigil. I'm not trying to be mean here, but your character needs improvement.
doesn't matter since I'm not getting in the game any ways okay? So leave the matter alone.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 07:54:33 pm »

And I try to flesh my character out in game... because I don't like giving my character a set personality from the get go I love to develop him/her/it

In my personal opinion, you shouldn't really do that. You don't have a motivation, a history, thoughts or anything. At least give him a bigger motivation then "lol huntz damons lol!" There is a hundred ways you could pull it off! "Hunts demons but wonders if they really are demons in our sense" "Hunts demons because he wants to forget he loves hunting humans too" "Hunts demons because he feels it is his duty to his father, but doesn't want this life" "Pretends to hunt demons but actually wants to gain more power in the metaphorical and literal sense from them."
((check the bio))

I checked it. You just fight demons because your father is a priest. Real life never works out like that. Maybe you are just the wrong guy for the job, maybe you just don't like spending your entire life knowing what humanity is up against, maybe you just are too tired already to fight demons for this long. There are so many motivations, and you just have a guy with no flaws who does what his father tells him to do! My guy fights werewolves because they killed his sister, so he has a pretty good reason for keeping up his vigil. I'm not trying to be mean here, but your character needs improvement.
doesn't matter since I'm not getting in the game any ways okay? So leave the matter alone.

It does kind of matter, since I am trying to help you improve your roleplaying. I'm just criticizing your methods, so that you can be even better!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 07:56:42 pm »

Actually, I'm having second thoughts. Out. Sorry guys.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 08:00:13 pm »

Actually, I'm having second thoughts. Out. Sorry guys.
Well, on the bright side, that evens out the players perfectly, right?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 08:01:02 pm »

Turn will be up once I finish the abilities for all of the characters.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2011, 09:47:59 pm »

Spoiler: Fixed bio! (click to show/hide)
Oh, and I'll edit my first profile, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2011, 10:52:26 pm »

Sinpwn
Being a new graduate from Necromancer college, you decided to join the monster hunting buisness. The necromancer council warned you of a bloodthirsty Rogue Necromancer, and your parents suggested you should try to go kill him. Either way you and your new squad are looking at various shops in the city for supplies, time to search for shops!

Dwarmin
Ever since you were born you always had bad luck, not just counting your families curse. But your prepared to turn your life around, you joined up with some other aspiring magical creature hunters and now your looking around for a shop to buy supplies for a Fae Slayer like you. Better spend your $200 quick, or you'll be lose it without getting anything!

Riccto
You love old things, especially artifacts. Although you don't really have any artifacts, so why not join a Magical Creature Hunting Squad? Sure your not the strongest out there, but your artifact magic skills are quite good. With only 200$ to your name, you begin looking for a shop suitable to your tastes.

Repulsion
Born and raised in a tribe in Africa, being in a big city in america was a bit of a challenge. Although your adjusting rather quickly, and you even decided to join what these americans call a Magical Creature Hunting Squad. Back in your tribe this was what everyone did! With only $200 to your name, you wonder if they have any spear shops in this city...

Fniff
After werewolves killed your sister, you vowed to kill every werewolve you could. What better way to kill werewolves than joining a group of people who are hired to do these things? With your remaining $200 you look for a shop...

Yoink
Being a member of the Penguins gang is tough, you had to break a hell of alot of kneecaps. But then you jumped into the glorious buisness of being a vampire hunter, of course you make absolutely nothing that will change soon! You joined a group of magical creature hunters to gain some cash, and with your remaining $200 you start looking for a shop.

Sinpwn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

Riccto

Repulsion

Fniff

Yoink
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:35:34 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »

((OOC: Char sheets incoming?  ??? ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2011, 11:36:56 pm »

Fixed the intro to something more suitable, now you guys can attempt to look for shops that suit your needs. Remember you each have only $200.
Welcome to Reality.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2011, 11:49:50 pm »

I rub my hands and set off to find some sort of store that sells occult weaponry or evil spell books, since my options for direct attacks are somewhat limited.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2011, 11:54:53 pm »

Ian walked into a weapons shop, filled to the brim with weapons. Times like this, gun control didn't matter. Ian didn't really care about gun laws, he knew people. He could get a howitzer if he had a few bob, but He didn't have a few bob. He had a few hundred dollars, and he needed to get a gun.

"Hey bud. What do you want?" A Cajun was reading a magazine at the counter. He was a smart looking fella, but the Cajun accent brought the whole thing tumbling down.

Ian looked inside his necklace, then put it back on his neck.

"I need a revolver." He said humorlessly. Ever seen Cara's death, he had stopped caring about anything, really. You always expect your older sister to be able to beat the monsters back, to be only second to your parents in monster repelling. Knowing just how terrifying your world is at 11 is not fun.

After buying the revolver and some ammo, he went to the flower shop. The smell of compost was faint but there in the shop. Without a word, he spent his remaining money on Wolfsbane, got something from a bakery free thanks to a combination of intimidation and silence, and spent the next few minutes eating a croissant while spreading wolfsbane on the bullets. He wrote in his diary after that.

Day one of being on a proper magical creature takedown squad: Dublin must be nice this time of year. I hope that my parents are enjoying the foggy autumn. Werewolves deserve to be tortured to death. Thinking of buying a new fedora.

Buy a revolver, ammo for revolver and Wolfsbane, spread Wolfsbane on ammo.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:56:31 pm by Fniff »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2011, 11:58:05 pm »

Benji, sadly on foot, heads over to the local Hardley Davidson dealer and stands outside looking in with...
Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)
...expression. Then after a while he sighs heavily, turns and wanders off to look for a pizza place, hoping to stock up on garlic bread.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2011, 08:28:27 am »

Anyone looking upon Kili Elfhewer passing by would remark on her natural beauty-a somewhat short, yet well built and muscled frame, strong Nordic features, frizzy long blonde hair, eyes of an icy pale blue that also seemed sad, adding to their charm. One would also notice the fact that she seemed distracted and on edge most of the time. Always fidgeting, adjusting one thing or the other, and keeping an eye to the horizon. She also has an certain...otherworldly charisma. It inspires a bit of awe and fear-making some scared, others intrigued.

As one turns away, they almost always do a double take-just out of the corner of ones eye, you can almost just make out something...an indistinct form, floating above her. Your not sure what it is-sort of like a malicious young child with a red beard, floating around her...then again, your not sure if you really want to know. Because, you can't shake the feeling that if you really saw what it looked like, it would start following you.

So, Kili checked her pockets for holes again. Then she retied her shoes so she would'nt trip and fall. And readjusted her belt buckle so her pants wouldn't fall down...countering the bad luck, it was a chore, but you had to do it every day. Most of the Elfhewers were quite insane if they ever got to be old enough. She had promised herself it would end with her, but...so had the rest of them.

It was a shame all her equipment was gone-except for the bag. Seemed to only thing truly resistant to the Fey-Curse was the Fey and things made from them. She had marvelled at her Grandfathers suit of Fey-bonemail armor that was hung from the trophy hall. A true family heirloom...but, such things could be not be given-the way they worked, you usually had to kill the creatures yourself for it to protect you. She had promised to earn her own in due time...for now, she just needed a sword. She had awoken this morning to find her old sword in a smoking crater, split into blackened pieces. Apparently it had been struck by lightning while she slept...despite the fact there was no storm last night. Kili was glad she had taken the precaution of sleeping well away from her gear, since she could'nt do anything to prevent it's theft or destruction most of time anyway.

She quickly made her way to a smithyshop-usually, she just tossed an overlage amount of money at the shopkeeper to get the best they had, knowing she would'nt be able to keep it anyway.

The portly, bearded businessman behind the counter seemed eager to please. He adjusted his tiny glasses and said...

"Well, my morning customers usually arn't as pretty as you. Glad I opened up early today...what will you have then?"

So, Kili smiled brightly and said...

"Smithy-If you please, I need an Iron Cutlass and Buckler...if you please. I'll make it worth your while."

In her studies, Kili had found that most Fae could do a lot of damage if you let them-somtimes going right through normal armor-and they were best dealy with quickly and decisively-which was difficult, since they were fast and hard to hit. On the bright side, they tended to crumple and die quickly when you actually did manage to hit them. As her father often said-they were quick on their feet, and had a nasty sting, but were cursed with glass jaws, apt to shatter with a lightest breeze.

A buckler was useful in any case-letting one of touch you was always a bad idea. She preffered a somewhat lighter and longer length sword due to her build, and was sure to tell the smithy so as she laid down her gold. Her buckler was typically attached to her right arm, and her sword stance favored the right as well-she wielded her sword two handed for extra strength.

She declined to tell this particular businessman that he would soon suffer a spot of amazingly bad luck by dealing with her, that would oddly lose him the exact amount of money he was about to make from her...

Action: Buying the best Iron Cutlass and Iron Buckler I can buy-money up front.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:30:24 am by Dwarmin »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2011, 08:35:55 am »

Ricky pacing around with his bag on his back, just having left the train station, Nervous, Excited a bit also. He can finally put his skills to work What to do, What to do! He mumbled to himself before being struck with inspiration Old Town! Old Old Town! Thats where they sell the stuff I want and need!

Head to some type of shop the sells Magical Artifacts/ Baubles
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6