Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New player questions  (Read 705 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
New player questions
« on: August 12, 2011, 09:49:13 am »

So I just recently got into playing LCS. I have a few questions. I have lurked around on the curses board but not really seen any definitive answers. Here goes.

1) Is it better to have a military type system where my founder controls 6 people, and those 6 control others, who control others, etc, or is it better to just lump everyone into groups and hope for the best?

2) What exactly causes alienation, and what happens when you alienate everyone?

3) Does the slogan always start off as "We need a new slogan!"? Just wondering because my last games all started with that, but my most recent one started as "Revolution never comes with a warning"

4) In the long run, what is the best legal fundraising option? Selling art? T-shirts? Music? Donations?

5) Where is the best place to find authors (Or anyone with a good writing skill)? I can never seem to find people with a good writing skill.

Thanks.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: New player questions
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:44:52 am »

Hello and welcome to the world of Liberal adventure! I'll answer your questions as best as I can.

1. Depends on your playstyle. If you have a deep hierarchy, you can have more recruits (because you can distribute new recruits between more people) and you can keep the top layers huddled up in a safe place - on the other hand, a shallow hierarchy is easier to manage.

2. Alienation occurs in two flavors - "Alienated masses" means that Moderates on the site will get violent, and "Alienated everyone" means even (former) Liberals will attack you. Also, the political gains from the alienated raid are subverted, so the raid'll actually decrease your agenda! Alienation usually occurs by accidentally hitting a Liberal/Moderate with a gun, but other, more preventable ways include picking locks, breaking doors and wrecking machines with Moderates and Liberals around to see it. You can't cancel alienation during the same raid except at Cable News / AM radio, where canceling alienation is one positive side-effect for taking over the studio.

3. There are a few pre-set slogans that may occur occasionally. My favorite is "Laissez ain't fair!"

4. Whatever the character's good at, I'd say. Donations used to be extremely overpowered, but I think they're not so anymore. However, probably the best legal fundraising method is making clothes (not T-shirts, but disguises) and selling them for profit. For a skilled tailor it doubles each dollar invested.

5. You can find lots of intelligent Liberals in the Juice Bar.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:48:12 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04