Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Flimsy Gallows - A Human Leather Mask  (Read 4418 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
The Flimsy Gallows - A Human Leather Mask
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:54:44 am »

Now I just need to give this to a dwarf with a knife. 
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: The Flimsy Gallows - A Human Leather Mask
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 05:15:08 am »

Sounds like a friendly genned world, going by the locations and names.  Give it to the broker if you can.  Should make trading with the human and elf caravans interesting.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 05:48:32 am »

All it needs is a beard made of troll hair. Holy cow, that's a badass mask. o:

What kind of mod or whatever are you playing anyway, that has Ferric Elves and Jotunn?
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Jimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 06:12:09 am »

Looks like Fortress Defense Mod, Its a pretty nifty addition, My first real fort just got crushed by a Frogman siege and White Tigerman siege whilst being sneak attacked by Kobold Ambushers pretty hectic!

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 06:36:01 am »

Looks like Fortress Defense Mod, Its a pretty nifty addition, My first real fort just got crushed by a Frogman siege and White Tigerman siege whilst being sneak attacked by Kobold Ambushers pretty hectic!

Thats exactly what it is, plus the bonus/challenge mode creatures (minus the two fliers - they're glitchy)

It also has a few minor tweaks of my own, most notably being the change to the ethics raws allowing the butchering of sentients.  Yay for cannibalism! I have so much goblin meat..

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 06:37:31 am »

Leave the mask somewhere you can find very, very easily, retire the fort, get a knife-wielding human adventurer, and get the freaking mask. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 06:51:28 am »

Fortress defence, good to know.

A knife? Are you kidding me? Masterwork adamantine chainsaw to go with the mask!
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 06:58:05 am »

I want a chainsaw with an adamantine chain in real life.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 07:23:20 am »

Well, I'm definitely gonna give one of my dwarves a knife and this mask.   Already got one guy with a silver whip. 

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 08:59:36 am »

Code: [Select]
...during Enafethime, The Cremated Sieges
Almost sounds like someone tried to attack a dwarven fortress... But elves and dark stranglers?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 09:42:13 am »

Leave the mask somewhere you can find very, very easily, retire the fort, get a knife-wielding human adventurer, and get the freaking mask.

But.. but.. I love this fort.. I mean sure theres no metal to speak of on the entire map (besides maybe cotton candy), but at least I have sand and a volcano! WOO FOR GLASS! I have so much glass.. every 2x2 apartment has a green glass door, window, cabinet, and 'box', as well as the normal bed.  My mayor's place is decorated entirely with green zircon encrusted clear glass furniture, which to say is a weapon rack, armor stand, two chests, cabinet, eight statues, two tables, two thrones, sixteen windows, and eight doors.  All made by two legendary glass makers with a legendary gem setter for the gems (and a legendary gem cutter, but his skill doesn't addon to the value).

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 09:52:07 am »

But.. but.. I love this fort.. I mean sure theres no metal to speak of on the entire map (besides maybe cotton candy), but at least I have sand and a volcano! WOO FOR GLASS! I have so much glass.. every 2x2 apartment has a green glass door, window, cabinet, and 'box', as well as the normal bed.  My mayor's place is decorated entirely with green zircon encrusted clear glass furniture, which to say is a weapon rack, armor stand, two chests, cabinet, eight statues, two tables, two thrones, sixteen windows, and eight doors.  All made by two legendary glass makers with a legendary gem setter for the gems (and a legendary gem cutter, but his skill doesn't addon to the value).

I think you can copy the save file, and retire the fort in that copy, and then switch it over to adventure mode.  Afterwards, go on a mask-wearing, knife-swinging rampage. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 11:15:21 am »

Fortress defence, good to know.

A knife? Are you kidding me? Masterwork adamantine chainsaw to go with the mask!

Urist McLeatherface...
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 06:44:58 pm »

I think you can copy the save file, and retire the fort in that copy, and then switch it over to adventure mode.  Afterwards, go on a mask-wearing, knife-swinging rampage.

Very true. I might have to do that.. but for now, UristMcLeatherface (Named by Nyxalinth) will protect my fortress! Hopefully while not killing his own people.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 06:46:15 pm »

Artifacts don't show up in adventure mode, outside of a few semi-complex exploits that destroy the items as often as not.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]
Pages: [1] 2