Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disappearing body?  (Read 1351 times)

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disappearing body?
« on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:22 am »

So Urist McDumbass (he spelled it Dumas, but my way is more accurate) falls into my water works, gets washed down a few levels and drowns.  Happily this doesn't contaminate the drinking water, but it points out a flaw--I did not build enough access points to the water works.  So I'm draining a section to retrieve his body.  I start dumping water, the passage he's in gets a current and his body starts to move...and then it's gone.

I can find it.  I looked everywhere down stream of where he was and there's nothing.  These are 1 tile passages with only a channel entrance or exit.  What happened?  Did he teleport to his tomb?
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disappearing body?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 07:00:38 am »

Now I have localized misma coming from where I last saw his corpse, but no body.  He has a coffin, but it remains (huhu..) empty.  Is this common?
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 07:03:13 am »

Yeah, items have a tendency to vanish in water flows. It's still there, so once your dwarves can get to it, they'll pick it up (at which time it will become visible again) and put it in the coffin.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 11:19:48 am »

This will happen with magma too, so magma-ing siege debris is less effective than it should be. Once it vanishes the magma won't melt/burn it properly.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?