Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]

Author Topic: Dwarven... "Child Care"  (Read 608662 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven... "Child Care"
« Reply #1125 on: March 13, 2016, 10:05:30 pm »

Necromancy seems to be a "light" version of the vampire benefits/weaknesses, with an added bonus of being able to raise the dead.

If you combined the two, and had vampire necromancers, the resulting undead would be guaranteed to not attack the fortress inhabitants.

Embarking on top of a necromancer tower and imploding it appears to be a reliable way of securing the requisite reading material. Adding an 'Intellectual phase' to the educational process seems reasonable-- just do it AFTER daycare. Much like vampirism. it introduces the NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN token, meaning that once the read that special book in the library, thats it.

It DOES add an interesting token not in vampirism though. It prevents attribute decay, and prevents skill rust.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 14, 2016, 09:48:29 pm »

I didn't know about the prevent attribut and skill decay thing on necromancy. That's a very interesting thing :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 16, 2016, 12:50:00 am »

Vampirism doesn't prevent physical attribute growth, it should add the tag but it definitely does not. I just recently tested this in 42.06 with an adventurer.

Made a character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Saved and toppled a temple (a couple times until I got vamp cursed):

The stats were the same as they were prior to being vamped, so these changes are not from the syndrome strength buff (which shows as you being incredibly muscular or whatnot, but not on the attributes screen), but from wrestling a hippo for a while:

I didn't check directly if being a necro works the same, but I am sure it does.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 23, 2016, 06:08:30 pm »

There are different types of Vampirism if I remember correctly, so that may be what happened to you, but who knows.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 22, 2017, 08:04:49 pm »

-snip-
We can keep them constantly unhappy, then when faced with a massive siege, we execute the relatives to push them over the edge. We could hold parents hpstsge for this purpose. Then, we unleash the dwarf on our enemies
This is actually a really good idea.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 25, 2017, 09:18:39 pm »

-snip-
We can keep them constantly unhappy, then when faced with a massive siege, we execute the relatives to push them over the edge. We could hold parents hpstsge for this purpose. Then, we unleash the dwarf on our enemies
Hello, Necromantic brother! How is it?
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 25, 2017, 11:21:47 pm »

-snip-
That idea is the dwarven equivalent of a nuclear reactor -- keep the core on the verge of a chain reaction but never actually let it get there.
And just like real-life nuclear reactors, something going wrong results in flying limbs and major infrastructure damage.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 26, 2017, 03:35:00 pm »

-snip-
That idea is the dwarven equivalent of a nuclear reactor -- keep the core on the verge of a chain reaction but never actually let it get there.
And just like real-life nuclear reactors, something going wrong results in flying limbs and major infrastructure damage.
But we can control when the cadmium rods dear relatives are executed, for the most part. Keep them in a locked room with some quick way to kill them, and as long as the food and drink supplies are brought in, they should be fine. Even if something holds up the alimentary delivery system, it takes a while for dwarves to completely starve.

I think.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]