Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 76

Author Topic: Dwarven... "Child Care"  (Read 610009 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven... "Child Care"
« Reply #765 on: June 28, 2012, 10:32:43 pm »

Oh man, Girlinhat, that thrall post was great. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 29, 2012, 06:43:16 am »

Are thralls magma proof?

If not then they can be weaponised.

You may be thinking "but if we can roast the thralls then we can roast the invaders so what's the point?"

To that the answer is simple:
Because we can.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 02, 2012, 03:10:16 pm »

Are thralls magma proof?

If not then they can be weaponised.

You may be thinking "but if we can roast the thralls then we can roast the invaders so what's the point?"

To that the answer is simple:
Because we can.
They will catch fire and become a !!THRALL!!, but they will not die from that.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Logen910

• Bay Watcher
  • Biting people to death since 126,000 B.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 02, 2012, 06:39:13 pm »

i must say i am very experienced in this. alltough my experiences show they are best for feeding fish or zombies. you cant make super soldiers out of them. tried to let them fight against animals and so on but in most cases they were only crippled and therefore useless for me. also you cant burn their fat anymore which was possible in the old days. making them incredible fat only makes them incredible slow and therefore incredible dead sooner or later. so you cant create a natural armor out of their skin. last but not least you cant really use them for slave labors in the mines. their best use is in your farming industry but sooner or later you will have so many peasants you dont know what to do with them. so i fed them to zombies so they become zombies too. they made great training material for my soldiers.
This is a russian player. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with blood, death and pain and encircled with bands of bad grammar mistakes.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #769 on: July 02, 2012, 11:14:29 pm »

This thread has gone from a (horrific) discussion about how to train children into emotionless warriors, to weaponized flaming zombies.

I approve and expect nothing less from this forum :D
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 05, 2012, 01:28:50 am »

This thread has gone from a (horrific) discussion about how to train children into emotionless warriors, to weaponized flaming zombies.

The best part is that the two topics are directly related, RE: Zombifying The Children.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 05, 2012, 01:34:08 am »

The best part is that the two topics are directly related, RE: Zombifying The Children.

But then you cant control them! They would destroy your fort.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 05, 2012, 08:10:26 am »

hmm, give them a chicken and a dog! lets keep it simple

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 06, 2012, 10:59:30 am »

But then you cant control them! They would destroy your fort.

That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 06, 2012, 11:04:26 am »

That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.

You sir, are a Master Weaponizer. +1.5 internets for you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 15, 2012, 01:40:58 am »

You know, I just had to register to these forums, just for the original post of this thread. At first, I just have to say that you guys are awesome in some really twisted way. I mean, minecart shotguns, "child care" and such. I just really hope that I would never irl have to test anything designed by you. Unless, perhaps, if you plan to make me a super soldier. :P

Anyway, I didn't read the whole thread, just a couple first and last pages and I just decided to give my $0.02 how to go about the "training". That is, if it works in the first place. And this is probably something someone here has thought of already anyway.

1. Carve a long entrance cavern to the fortress and a drawbridge after that and enough individual rooms for your future army between the bridge and the entrance and put a small drawbridge on each door.
2. Seal in kids with armor and training pets, using pasture, assigned beds and whatever and when the kid goes to sleep, just close the bridge.
3. When they grow, draft them to the military and issue them the armor they have in the room and a post outside the entrance.
4. When a siege comes, just raise the main drawbridge and let loose the army of super lunatics.
5. Watch the circus.

Of course butt naked super lunatics would be more entertaining but perhaps had shorter lives.

Then after the siege, just wait for them to go to sleep again and raise the bridges one by one. Rinse and repeat.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 15, 2012, 01:55:17 am »

Ok, ignore my suggestion. It took like two pages until someone proposed the same thing.

Silver Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 15, 2012, 02:42:57 am »

its nice to see some creative ways to deal with kids, i usually restrict them fairly low and if i forget end up sealing them in a room till they kill each other off wile the parents are sitting happily in there legendary dining hall eating there fine meals and not careing abit :P

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 15, 2012, 07:21:45 pm »

its nice to see some creative ways to deal with kids, i usually restrict them fairly low and if i forget end up sealing them in a room till they kill each other off wile the parents are sitting happily in there legendary dining hall eating there fine meals and not careing abit :P
This makes me wonder what it would take to set up a Dwarven Battle Royal or Hunger Games.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 15, 2012, 07:24:08 pm »

This makes me wonder what it would take to set up a Dwarven Battle Royal or Hunger Games.

Holy crap. I never thought of that. Newest attraction to my arena will be 30 children versus 15 naked goblins.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 76