Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: This is my game!  (Read 4761 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Re: This is my game!
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 08:24:19 am »

Wow I totally agree with this guy. I had an idea about a game like this back when I was 8... wait... that was in 2006!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 08:30:23 am »

Saint, I really can't tell if that was just a joke, or if you really believe that. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 08:33:34 am »

I guess most people have imagined something like DF before actually seeing it. The probability increases further if said person has owned more than two Lego blocks or built an awesome sand castle.

But Toady's the One who's not only thinking about it but actually implementing it, and that's the way that works for me. While I'd certainly prefer a more open development model, Toady's done a lot of work on the game and it's a jewel of his labor. DF is his game.

Saint, I really can't tell if that was just a joke, or if you really believe that. 

I think you need to get your sarcasm scanners cleaned repaired replaced. (yeah, sarcasm is hard to spot in text-only communication, I know ^^)
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 08:35:55 am »

I guess most people have imagined something like DF before actually seeing it. The probability increases further if said person has owned more than two Lego blocks or built an awesome sand castle.

But Toady's the One who's not only thinking about it but actually implementing it, and that's the way that works for me. While I'd certainly prefer a more open development model, Toady's done a lot of work on the game and it's a jewel of his labor. DF is his game.

I think you need to get your sarcasm scanners cleaned repaired replaced. (yeah, sarcasm is hard to spot in text-only communication, I know ^^)

Thanks Kay, thank you for pointing out my mental deficiencies ( no I'm serious, I appreciate the explanation ). 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 11:47:55 am »

Thanks Kay, thank you for pointing out my mental deficiencies ( no I'm serious, I appreciate the explanation ).

Excellent well, you also suck at philosophical debate, politics and you have no grasp of quantum theory. Furthermore...

No, I kid, I kid. The only thing mentally deficient about you is that you like elves.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 2 [3]