Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which old ass game should rise from the depths?

Mission Room
- 1 (10%)
Feudal Adventure
- 7 (70%)
Unknown?
- 1 (10%)
Unknown?
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Players choice: Game revival  (Read 1524 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Players choice: Game revival
« on: July 01, 2012, 12:35:52 am »

Gentlemen, ladies, gentlemen, and bears, it is summer time. This means that I have little work, great deals of time, and am currently not expending any sort of effort or creative energy. Ergo, I want to run a forum venture. And not just any forum venture. I want to take one of my old ideas, that I loved and cherished, and then ran into the ground out of laziness and a failure to address developing flaws, and breathe life back into it. So, here are the two games I've run, that I'm aware of, the premise, and my vow to not mess them up.

Feudal Adventure This one failed due to me waffling on how close in I wanted the players to be, interaction wise. In my head the players were mostly doing some Dungeon Delving RPG stuff, and running a kingdom in the background. In reality, I sort of flustered out after about two days because while I wanted the players to be more hands-on in the running of the kingdom, I sort of shoved them into a farming sim.

Mission Room This one petered out for several fun reasons. One, I wanted a complex multi-part map and had no clue how to do it well, s I half-assed it in weird ways. Two, the players couldn't even tell who they were, and I couldn't either, and my maps sucked. Three, I made communication weird. Four, I just plain got demoralized by realizing I had messed something up, and was afraid to change it and throw off the players.

[This space reserved for any other forum games that I can be blamed for]

So, seeing this multitude of options, it is time for a vote. The grandest of votes even. The vote for the game to beginneth.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Players choice: Game revival
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:43 am »

Feudal Adventure

In my head the players were mostly doing some Dungeon Delving RPG stuff, and running a kingdom in the background.

I wanted the players to be more hands-on in the running of the kingdom, I sort of shoved them into a farming sim.
This intrigues me. My vote goes here!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:37:56 pm »

Whoever voted the first Unknown? has me intrigued. Very much want to know what they thought at the time.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 01:27:10 am »

Well, Feudal Adventure seems like the clear winner. Putting this post up at 1 A.M. Monday, game will start around noonish.