Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Material Interaction  (Read 1473 times)

anubite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Material Interaction
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:50:33 pm »

Something long-termish, but is it really okay for dwarfs to be drinking out of lead goblets? I mean... it's what destroyed Rome practically, it would be kind of funny if letting your dwarfs drink some heavy-metal containers made them more likely to get in fey moods... which would be a pretty big risk. You could have a society of constantly inspired craftsmen or homicidal maniacs.

Material interaction with other races would be interesting too, like using a silver weapon is more effective versus certain monsters than a steel one.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Material Interaction
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:07:40 pm »

Material interaction with other races would be interesting too, like using a silver weapon is more effective versus certain monsters than a steel one.

Planned for next version.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:25:27 pm »

Planned for next version.
In the next version.

The Exalted Amphibian has said no(or no time close) on the grounds that every time anything touched a reaction check would be made.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 04:14:05 pm »

Dwarven advanced chemestry is the simplest thing on the universe,here is the formula: Magma+anything=success
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01:53:12 pm »

Dwarven advanced chemestry is the simplest thing on the universe,here is the formula: Magma+anything=success
only if something!=dwarf iirc
(nobles and children aren't dwarves obviously)'

also: how did lead goblets kill Rome? I did some research but couldn't find anything

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 02:34:41 pm »

I dunno about killing Rome, but have you ever heard of lead poisoning?

Of course, with the amount of alcohol dwarves drink, they might have a resistance to toxins.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 06:16:20 pm »

Regarding Rome:

The nation of Rome was among the first to develop proper internal plumbing. Quite a few of their pipes were made of lead, because it's an easy metal to work.

Lead, when consumed, causes neurological deterioration in both children and, to a slightly slower extent, adults.

Thus, lead pipes result in a slow but constant lead poisoning in the people with lead plumbing, IE, the wealthy leaders and aristocracy. Towards the end, quite a few emperors suffered from various neurological conditions up to and including full-on insanity.
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 07:10:04 pm »

Dwarves don't drink from goblets or eat from plates. Unless you're making lead barrels, this wouldn't really be necessary until later on.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...