Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388631 times)

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r2
« Reply #1380 on: May 03, 2012, 08:53:34 am »

Can you not manually allow it under the Stones menu?
At last, she is done.

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 03, 2012, 09:36:31 am »

Can you not manually allow it under the Stones menu?

It isn't listed there for me. probably since it wasn't naturally on the map to start.
This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1382 on: May 03, 2012, 09:51:11 am »

You should be able to enable it with a but of Lua trickery - "df.global.ui.economic_stone[N] = false", where N corresponds to the index for fire clay (obtaining said index is left as an exercise to the reader).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1383 on: May 04, 2012, 07:20:01 am »

Hi, for some reason I have a migrant that will not show up on units screen, or indeed get inside the fort at all. He is not a merchant or trader, strangely enough so I wonder if there's a way to fix him. His wife is safely inside and working, and it would be a shame if he gets killed like that fisherman migrant that came last wave but didn't get in either.
We think this is caused when a former trader decides to migrate to your fort; for some reason the "merchant" flag is not cleared from the unit.  In any case, "tweak fixmigrant" will fix this.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 05, 2012, 11:58:55 am »

I think I may have found some kind of bug.  At first I thought it was only stonesense, but after doing a prospect and it saying I had marble (when in fact I do not...at least not in sight.  I noticed it seems to be DFHack in general.

It appears to be reporting layer materials wrong in my save. it is reporting schist as marble, white sand as clay loam, clay loam as silt...

Has anyone else found this?  If not I'll throw a save up.  Maybe something I modded is throwing stuff off.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1385 on: May 05, 2012, 12:12:47 pm »

I think I may have found some kind of bug.  At first I thought it was only stonesense, but after doing a prospect and it saying I had marble (when in fact I do not...at least not in sight.  I noticed it seems to be DFHack in general.

It appears to be reporting layer materials wrong in my save. it is reporting schist as marble, white sand as clay loam, clay loam as silt...

Has anyone else found this?  If not I'll throw a save up.  Maybe something I modded is throwing stuff off.
There's a bug in ReadGeology a while back but I can't find the commit that fixed it right now.  Are you on r1 or r2?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 05, 2012, 12:40:04 pm »

That sir is a very good question.

I want to say R2.  Since I have a backup file that calls itself "Backed up HackR1 Files".  Any way to tell for certain?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 05, 2012, 03:55:51 pm »

I promise I searched this forum and this thread, and didn't find this information, so I apologize for a duplication if there is one.

You can use tiletypes to change underground areas into "above ground" areas, for farming above ground crops deep underground, without all that messing about with channeling to expose the tiles.  Of course you still need mud/soil and the appropriate seeds gathered before planting will work.

You can change:
Inside   Dark   Subterranean
to
Outside   Light   Above Ground

Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's it, enjoy your berries!  8)

UHaulDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • kiwisbybeat.com/minus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 07, 2012, 11:14:02 pm »

I cant get dfhack to run.
Something about ''MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer''. What can I do?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human dwarven stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein Urist McStein

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 08, 2012, 12:15:51 am »

Did you copy the contents of the dfhack zip file into the df directory and replace the SDL.dll?

Because that's where MSVCP100.dll is.  In the df directory.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 08, 2012, 03:35:37 am »

Thanks for the help by the way, I forgot to thank when you got back to me, sorry. Had other things in my mind. Great work and thanks again ( notice a pattern here? )
Without DFhack and Therapist this game would be less .. fun.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

UHaulDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • kiwisbybeat.com/minus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 08, 2012, 03:39:36 am »

Did you copy the contents of the dfhack zip file into the df directory and replace the SDL.dll?

Because that's where MSVCP100.dll is.  In the df directory.
Ah, silly me thinking it should go in the utilities of LNP. Thanks.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human dwarven stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein Urist McStein

Remadan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 09, 2012, 05:12:47 am »

Since clothes wear out now, it would be nice to have some kind of clothes check plugin:
It can show:
- how many dwarfs have enough clothes to prevent bad thoughts;
- how many of them have first stage worn clothes ( xPig tail shirtx );
- how many unclaimed/unforbidden clothes in fortress stockpiles.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 09, 2012, 11:40:36 am »

Since clothes wear out now, it would be nice to have some kind of clothes check plugin:
It can show:
- how many dwarfs have enough clothes to prevent bad thoughts;
- how many of them have first stage worn clothes ( xPig tail shirtx );
- how many unclaimed/unforbidden clothes in fortress stockpiles.

' cleanowned x dryrun '

will give you an idea.
similarly

' cleanowned scattered dryrun '

for clothing scattered about on the ground.

You can, if you want, cleanowned everything, which will be dumped into the nearest garbage dump.  Then re-claim all the dumped clothing, forbid what you don't want them to wear, and they'll put all that back into stockpiles and/or on their body.

Yes, it may be a few days of bad thoughts, but in my experience, they survive if they're ecstatic when you start.
' fastdwarf 1 ' also, of course, makes this go much faster. :)

If you only want them to wear the clothing you make, go into the stocks menu and dump everything that isn't made with pig tails or rope reed or silk or whatever you're making it from.  Then you can be sure they only have access to what you want them to wear, or at the very least, the list is much shorter.

theothersteve7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 09, 2012, 09:11:40 pm »

If anyone is getting the "could not connect to localhost:5000" error, you may have extracted it into its own folder and are trying to run it separately.  When placed in the DF folder directly, it will start up with DF.

Figured it cost me a half hour so maybe this post will save someone else some time.  My bad, I thought I was too good for instructions again.   ::)
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 373