Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388650 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r2
« Reply #1395 on: May 09, 2012, 09:24:57 pm »

Yeah, the only exe file that comes with DFhack is just an example program that connects with DFhack and sends commands.

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 11, 2012, 07:26:00 am »

I seem to be having an issue with R2, i believe. I downloaded the new listed version on the first page, and extracted it to my df directory. almost all of the plugins? are working, save the autolabor plugin, which was working, prior to downloading and 'installing' dfhack. the message when i attempt to start autolabor is ' the plugin is not enabled'. I am unsure how i go about starting the autolabor plugin. sorry if my search fu has failed me again. thanks for any assistance you can render.
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 11, 2012, 07:51:26 am »

Did you do "autolabor 1"?

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 11, 2012, 07:58:16 am »

Oh christ. That line is in the init. but it decided it did not want to run? yes, i ran the 'autolabor 1' and it initialized. thank you.
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1399 on: May 11, 2012, 08:20:19 am »

Putting "autolabor 1" in the init does no good, because the init is loaded when DFHack starts, which is when DF starts, not when your fortress is loaded.

I have a standard script that I run whenever I start a new fortress that sets up a bunch of stuff, that I run with the "script" command.  Autolabor, workflow, autobutcher, and autonestbox all persist their settings in the DF save file, so you only have to run these commands once, at fortress creation.

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: May 11, 2012, 08:26:48 am »

Putting "autolabor 1" in the init does no good, because the init is loaded when DFHack starts, which is when DF starts, not when your fortress is loaded.

I have a standard script that I run whenever I start a new fortress that sets up a bunch of stuff, that I run with the "script" command.  Autolabor, workflow, autobutcher, and autonestbox all persist their settings in the DF save file, so you only have to run these commands once, at fortress creation.

Does this mean, when i save this fortress now that i have corrected the autolabor issue, and restart it, autolabor will kick in again and do what it is supposed to? Forgive me if im misunderstanding.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1401 on: May 11, 2012, 09:05:28 am »

Does this mean, when i save this fortress now that i have corrected the autolabor issue, and restart it, autolabor will kick in again and do what it is supposed to? Forgive me if im misunderstanding.
Yes, when you save and then reload that fortress, autolabor will automatically restart when that fortress is loaded.  The same holds for autobutcher/autonestbox (both part of the "zone" plugin) and for workflow.

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: May 11, 2012, 12:13:43 pm »

Sorry for all the questions firstly. I have another question regarding liquids this time. I have completed a rooftop area i want to turn into a pastureland for all my food animals. I have built the floor, and ran dfliquids to put a layer of water down, however, it is not creating mud/peat/earth, so i can run regrass to get some growing up there. Could someone assist me with a way to complete this? The gist is i want a rooftop pasture area that is secure from invaders. thank you for all of your assistance.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 11, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »

You need to let the water fall from one level above where you actually need it, so that it approaches the tile naturally,

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 11, 2012, 01:04:23 pm »

Sorry for all the questions firstly. I have another question regarding liquids this time. I have completed a rooftop area i want to turn into a pastureland for all my food animals. I have built the floor, and ran dfliquids to put a layer of water down, however, it is not creating mud/peat/earth, so i can run regrass to get some growing up there. Could someone assist me with a way to complete this? The gist is i want a rooftop pasture area that is secure from invaders. thank you for all of your assistance.

It has to be flowing water.  Just evaporating water won't do it.

Myself, I do it this way.
  • Ensure the room is sealed/watertight.
For an 11x11 room, I use liquids to create three walls of water, each with a depth of 5.
So, say your entrance/exit to the room is on the east side of the room.
  • Pause the game.
  • You create an 11x1 depth 5 water wall on the north wall.
  • Then create an 11x1 depth 5 water wall on the south wall.
  • Then create a 1x11 depth 5 water wall on the west wall.
  • Now unpause the game.
  • All the waterwalls you made will flow from where they were built towards the center.
There will be FLOW across all the tiles in the middle, away from the walls.  This flow will create mud.
You'll end up with a mud on 90 tiles out of 121, with 10 tiles on the north wall clean, 10 tiles on the south wall clean, and 11 tiles on the west wall clean.  All 90 in the middle are now suitable for farming.  It also will evaporate in about one minute of real time, so you don't have to wait, you can start growing crops immediately.

Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's an image to show what I'm describing.
1) Starting Room
2) dfhack liquids ready to unpause
3) after unpause, wait one minute for flowing to stop.
4) ready to farm/grow

If you don't put a farm on it, you'll start growing grass/moss immediately.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:45:07 pm by vjek »

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 11, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »

Thats exactly what im looking for, just enough water to start grass growing for the grazers on the top of my fort.. Greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1406 on: May 11, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »

Constructed floors don't grow grass.  You need to remove the floor, then create obsidian, and then mine out the obsidian to leave a natural stone floor.  Then muddy that to make a muddied stone floor that grass should grow on.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 12, 2012, 08:28:39 am »

How do I make permanent keybinds?

I want this:  V "digv"

Is there a way?
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 12, 2012, 10:48:09 am »

How do I make permanent keybinds?

I want this:  V "digv"

Is there a way?

Look in the file dfhack.init-example.  First line is ctrl-V digv.  Name a file dfhack.init and put your bind in it.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
grow saplings/trees with help from tiletypes?
« Reply #1409 on: May 12, 2012, 12:48:11 pm »

Question regarding saplings/trees and tiletypes.

I've done my best to recreate the conditions to grow saplings/trees...

normal "Ash Sapling":

[DFHack]# probe
block addr: 0x114fa330

tiletype: 231 = sapling
Class     :   14 SAPLING
Material  :    1 SOIL
Special   :    0 NORMAL
Variant   :   -1 NONE
Direction : --------

temperature1: 10045 U
temperature2: 10045 U
biome: 7
geolayer: 3
Layer material: 258 / PEAT /
hidden          =
light           = Y
outside         = Y
subterranean    =
water_table     =
rained          =
monster_lair    =
feature_local   =
feature_global  =
local feature idx: -1
global feature idx: -1
mystery: -1

My tiletype painted "red S" sapling:

[DFHack]# probe
block addr: 0x11b262d8

tiletype: 231 = sapling
Class     :   14 SAPLING
Material  :    1 SOIL
Special   :    0 NORMAL
Variant   :   -1 NONE
Direction : --------

temperature1: 10045 U
temperature2: 10045 U
biome: 4
geolayer: 3
Layer material: 258 / PEAT /
hidden          =
light           = Y
outside         = Y
subterranean    =
water_table     =
rained          =
monster_lair    =
feature_local   =
feature_global  =
local feature idx: -1
global feature idx: -1
mystery: -1

---
So what am I missing?  Across the map, depending on the type of sapling, the biome will be different, but I can't see anything else different.  It seems I'm missing something fundamental, so if anyone can shed some light on this, please do!

I've used tiletypes to create an area that grows grass as you would expect.  Grass pops up, can be burned, will re-pop up, everything is normal, for outdoor grass.  But I don't see any saplings and thusly no trees!  So, how to either manually place saplings (which I can do, but they show up as a red capital S) or paint the tiles so they will grow naturally?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 373