Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1398966 times)

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r2
« Reply #1440 on: May 15, 2012, 08:34:42 pm »

So.

Is the OP dead? Where the hell is my update..?

So demanding. Such a sense of entitlement.

You must be a democrat.

All joking aside, stfu and use some manners.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 15, 2012, 08:42:09 pm »

So.

So demanding. Such a sense of entitlement.

You must be a democrat.

All joking aside, stfu and use some manners.
Dear sir, I do believe that is a mandate.

You know what we do with mandating nobles in these here parts?
We give you your own room with climate control installed. If it gets to cold, just pull the lever in the corner...  :P
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 15, 2012, 10:19:56 pm »

Warning! May contain traces of: irony.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 16, 2012, 09:07:37 am »

OK...I have downloaded the latest with git and built it with MSVC++ 2010 Express, as was suggested, and it says that it doesn't recognize the current DF version.

Was there something else I was supposed to do besides follow the instructions on the Compile page?

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 16, 2012, 09:13:53 am »

Correct use of Quietust message:
So.

The new version was just released yesterday, and it takes time to find the data structure offsets and update the various structure layouts.

Quit being so impatient.

The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 16, 2012, 09:17:50 am »

OK...I have downloaded the latest with git and built it with MSVC++ 2010 Express, as was suggested, and it says that it doesn't recognize the current DF version.

Was there something else I was supposed to do besides follow the instructions on the Compile page?

Yes, the one on peterix's branch is still the old version. You need to pull in the changes from a couple other repos that are more up to date.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:38 am »

Yes, the one on peterix's branch is still the old version. You need to pull in the changes from a couple other repos that are more up to date.

Ah, OK.

Um...where do I find them?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1447 on: May 16, 2012, 10:08:01 am »

You'll need to use angavrilov/df-structures instead of the default submodule.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 16, 2012, 10:24:08 am »

latest one i try to open reveal and i get this error and it crashes ;_;
You don't "open reveal" anymore, it's run through a command prompt that launches alongside DF.  You can either run .07 with the current DFHack, or wait for it to update for .08.  Either way, the whole way that DFHack runs has been changes.  Forget everything you knew about how to run it and read the instal instructions again.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 16, 2012, 10:28:19 am »

OK, I feel like a bit of a fool, but...how, exactly? The Readme included is a bit cryptic.

Is this a drop-in replacement for one of the pieces of peterix's dfhack, or do I have to use it to do various other processing before it will be of use?

Apologies for sounding like an idiot  :-[

sluggompopeye

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 16, 2012, 10:29:51 am »

Lest you get too buried in the people snivelling, whining and demanding.  Please remember there are a lot of us non-programmers who can't do this stuff for ourselves and who are also grateful for all your hard work.  You make a great game even more enjoyable.  It is because your tools are so useful that we so eagerly await your next release.  Thank you for your efforts. 

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 16, 2012, 10:32:56 am »

open git bash

go to dfhack/library/xml

do
Code: [Select]
git remote add quietdust https://github.com/quietust/df-structures.gitThis one is currently slightly more up to date than angavrilov's one. If you want the one quietdust pointed to, do this:
git remote add angavrilov https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures.gityou can right click on the title bar and do edit->paste.

then do
git pull quietdust master or
git pull angavrilov master, depending on which repo you added. (You can add both)

then build as normal.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:34:51 am by Japa »

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1452 on: May 16, 2012, 11:13:46 am »

OK, I feel like a bit of a fool, but...how, exactly? The Readme included is a bit cryptic.

Is this a drop-in replacement for one of the pieces of peterix's dfhack, or do I have to use it to do various other processing before it will be of use?
The dfhack in peterix' repo should mostly work with angavrilov's df-structures; however, there is an array overrun in autolabor that might conceivably cause a crash or other misoperation.  (It was there in .07, but it was only one element due to the animal training job; it's now an overrun of five due to the four new hauling jobs.)  The version in my repo has been patched for this, and also properly supports the five new jobs and one new labor added in .08. 

The only other problem I've encountered is annoyance-level: using DF zoom hotkeys generates harmless error messages in DFHack.  I don't build stonesense so I can offer no assurances as to whether it works.

Still, I'd wait until peterix merges the concurrent development before trying to use dfhack, unless you are fairly skilled at gitfu and know how to properly merge the various main and subordinate repositories into a working build environment.  It's not that hard, but I don't feel like trying to explain it just now.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 16, 2012, 11:33:41 am »

open git bash

go to dfhack/library/xml

do
git remote add quietdust https://github.com/quietust/df-structures.gitThis one is currently slightly more up to date than angavrilov's one. If you want the one quietdust pointed to, do this:
git remote add angavrilov https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures.gityou can right click on the title bar and do edit->paste.

then do
git pull quietdust master or
git pull angavrilov master, depending on which repo you added. (You can add both)

then build as normal.

Aha! Excellent!

Thank you very much. This worked nicely.

Stonesense and autolabor appear to be broken, but I'm not too worried about that; I mostly wanted reveal, vdig, and prospect :)

And once peterix has his official version out, I can just replace my cobbled-together one with it and see if autolabor is as good as everyone seems to be saying ;D

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1454 on: May 16, 2012, 03:08:32 pm »

If you want the one quietdust pointed to, do this:
My name does not contain a "d", thankyouverymuch.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 373