Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399594 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2670 on: December 22, 2012, 05:17:41 pm »

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I don't think it's set up for that yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2671 on: December 22, 2012, 06:09:12 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_OBJECT_LIQUID]
[NAME:coat object with liquid]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[SKILL:WAX_WORKING]
[REAGENT:extract:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[MIN_DIMENSION:150]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:extract container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:extract]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
The object to improve must be after the input mat, so that it is known:
[REAGENT:object:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
Need some excuse why the spatter is water-resistant:
[REAGENT:grease:1:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FAT][UNROTTEN]
The probability is used as spatter size; Legendary gives +90%:
COVERED = liquid, GLAZED = solid, BANDS = paste, SPIKES = powder
[IMPROVEMENT:800:object:COVERED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:extract:NONE]

This is the reaction. It uses a liquid to cover a weapon. If the weapon hits an enemy, the liquids syndromes affect the enemy.

My question is: Can I use solids, pastes or powders instead of liquids?

I already tested if it gets covered (the answer is yes. I covered swords with an inorganic material called dragonfire) What I need to know is if the syndrome will still work.

Usually a syndrome works by injecting something liquid into the blood of an enemy. OR hitting with an arrow that gets stuck in the wound and melts on body temp. Testing is difficult, but I will try to make something that I can immediatly see in fortress mode, and hunt some animals.

EDIT: I noticed while testing that already covered weapons get accepted in the reaction again, to be covered over and over... this is a problem in fortress mode, when people set it on repeat, or want to cover 10 weapons. It would just take the same weapon 10 times. I dont know if NOT_IMPROVED fixes this, but I will test.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:14:37 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: December 22, 2012, 10:18:15 pm »

Unrelated questions because I'm fiddling with Soundsense (though I am well aware that that utility is meant to run independent of dfhack and I wouldn't want it to require dfhack, there are things I think users of both may be able to improve for themselves...):

Is it possible to have a dfhack script check the current season? What about the status of whether any given race's caravan is present/trading/etc? The status of beseigedness? Of revealed ambushers present on the map? Of weather in a general way (whether there's rain, snow or evil weather on the map, not necessarily a detailed weathermap like the one dfhack utility)? Of whether Hell is revealed? (I'm pretty sure the answers to a lot of these are yes, based on other dfhack tools already in existence, but if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the general direction to look in lua for any of these I'd sure appreciate being spared from digging through dfhack tools' source code.)

Is it possible to have a dfhack script output to gamelog.txt?
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: December 23, 2012, 12:12:40 am »

Meph: I understand the question now, but I don't know. Hopefully someone else will.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: December 23, 2012, 03:31:26 am »

EDIT: I noticed while testing that already covered weapons get accepted in the reaction again, to be covered over and over... this is a problem in fortress mode, when people set it on repeat, or want to cover 10 weapons. It would just take the same weapon 10 times. I dont know if NOT_IMPROVED fixes this, but I will test.

Adventure mode reactions work completely separately from fortress mode. In fortress mode it should not allow double coating with the same material automatically.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: December 23, 2012, 03:43:10 am »

Any way to hack my adventure mode party so adventurer and companions are just standing around, listed as either "Friendly" or "Hostile" when I embark in the area?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2676 on: December 23, 2012, 08:15:27 am »

@ag: But it does. I had a sword coated, and in the next reaction the already coated sword was being used again, simply because it was the nearest weapon.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: December 23, 2012, 09:05:16 am »

Coated with what? If it is a different liquid, it will happily use it again. I know it does work in my fort with my raws: I have a whole stockpile of poisoned ammo, and if I resume the reaction it says there is no improvable ammo, except if some new ammo has been produced. The workshop is linked to stockpiles with ammo and specific poison.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:18:33 am by ag »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2678 on: December 23, 2012, 09:19:38 am »

I actually dont know if it was the same kind of liquid, or another one. I will do more testing on coating and syndromes in fortress mode later.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: December 23, 2012, 09:23:26 am »

One interesting thing to test is how much poison needs to be applied as a spatter for it to work effectively. I notice that giant cave spider poison on ammo doesn't seem to do much in my fort: in the combat logs it says that enemies overcome the paralysis basically immediately. Maybe I need to change the spatter size so that there is more poison.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: December 24, 2012, 10:45:08 am »

is there a plugin to automatically dig out all designated areas?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: December 24, 2012, 11:00:44 am »

is there a plugin to automatically dig out all designated areas?
You can use tiletypes to adjust tiles to be floors, but you don't get stones as a result of the change.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: December 24, 2012, 12:19:18 pm »

How do I use the dfusion Embark plugin to choose specific castes of whichever race I want? Example: I play the Fallout:Equestria mod, wherein the author used hundreds of castes to get the right cutie marks. How would I pick which ponies I want?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: December 24, 2012, 02:38:47 pm »

How do I use the dfusion Embark plugin to choose specific castes of whichever race I want? Example: I play the Fallout:Equestria mod, wherein the author used hundreds of castes to get the right cutie marks. How would I pick which ponies I want?
Two ways from what I can see. You can do "raceID:CasteId" or "raceID:Caste#" in the embark.txt to get a specific caste. The numbers are the first 'CASTE:ID' entry order with the very first being number '0' and then going up.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

rampaging-poet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: December 24, 2012, 02:56:50 pm »

I added a pair of commands to dftraffic: restrictliquids and restrictice.  The former sets traffic to restricted on all visible liquid, while the later restricts traffic on all tiles above ice.  There's a few minor improvements that could be made (checking LOW_PASSABLE in restrictice, descriptions when "help" is used as a parameter), but the code is on my github fork and I've sent peterix a pull request.
Lame excuse? 'Having a drink instead' is the dwarfiest reason to not get something done, short of accidentally flooding your home with magma. Or intentionally flooding your home with magma.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 373