Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388546 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2730 on: January 03, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »

Then is binpatch going to come out?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2731 on: January 03, 2013, 04:44:54 pm »

I want to make a report on the add_spatter:

It seems to check the item for covered materials, and does not cover it again with the same one. So far so good. All other materials are ok for coating, so a weapon coated with "poison1" can still be coated with "poison2". That leads to immense gameplay/balance issues, as soon as several poisons are introduced. I tried to fix it with adding the not_improved tag to the reaction, and then improving the weapon in the same reaction that coats it with poison. This way every weapon that is coated would be impossible to be used in another coating reaction. The problem is that dfhack automatically adds the improvement to the weapon  as a coating, instead of an improvement. This way the weapon will not be improved, and is still a valid item for another poison.

It would be great if a coated item would either be illegal to be used in any coating reaction, OR if the new coating replaces the old one. I personally would prefer the first, because the second would make micromanagement in fortress mode obviously very difficult.

Another solution would be to check the weapon coating for reaction_class, but from what I have been seeing in testing, it does use the material. One could give all poison coating materials an additional reaction_class, to avoid multiple coatings then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: January 03, 2013, 04:50:01 pm »

You can coat things with more than one poison IRL, which might either cancel each other or have unexpected synergistic effects. As such, most poisons in DF are sufficiently deadly on their own, so I don't think it's a huge balance issue.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2733 on: January 03, 2013, 04:57:36 pm »

It is for modders. ^^ And the player, mostly the micromanagement. You have to manually sort items from coated and not coated. You would end up coating the same item mutiple times, especially with ammo. I also want to write an extended rune coating system, and that would be a problem. Narhiril plans something similar if I am not entirely mistaken, so she will have the same problem.

This is a suggestion for a possible improvement of the feature, not a "everything is broken, fix it" thing. Everything works, but it will be a lot of work for the player. On the other hand, I will continue the Runesmith idea, and report once I have a couple of people test it ingame.

EDIT: The working system is finished, and I am quite pleased with it. This is how it looks ingame:

Thanks for the great plugin again. :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:49:44 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:18 am »

Erm... how do I make it work on Mac? I use 10.6.8... I launch the dfhack and dwarfort.exe launches... but nothing appears and dwarfort.exe is not responding, so I force quit it. What do I do?
Guys, please, what do I do? I don't want to use WINE. :/
Launch it from terminal? Post what it prints

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: January 04, 2013, 05:43:47 am »

-snip- Fun content

Oh my that sounds great, combine that with retire forts always having hostile wild life spawning and you might have something.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: January 04, 2013, 09:25:04 am »

Erm... how do I make it work on Mac? I use 10.6.8... I launch the dfhack and dwarfort.exe launches... but nothing appears and dwarfort.exe is not responding, so I force quit it. What do I do?
Guys, please, what do I do? I don't want to use WINE. :/

(Quasi-official Mac port guy here.)

At present, I cannot officially support 10.6.8. I no longer have a 10.6.8 machine to build or test on, and all the tests I ran previously were unsuccessful at getting it to run.

However, another poster reported that he was able to get it to run by editing the dfhack script and changing this line:

Code: [Select]
DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1

...by adding a # in front of it (commenting it out).

Once that is done, simply run dfhack from the Terminal, and if your setup is like his, it should work for you.

If it does not, then the only thing I can recommend is upgrading to Lion. Sorry.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: January 04, 2013, 02:43:39 pm »

So, if I use the lua function, can I give people syndromes that aren't defined in the raws by setting unit.curse.add_tags1.whatever=true ?

BTW, found that setting unit.body.blood_count=0 kills most things without the "disappearing body" glitch that unit.flags1.dead=true causes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:45:27 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: January 04, 2013, 03:15:36 pm »

Erm, I can NOT update to Lion just yet (No access to online payment and too lazy to ask my local apple store guy). But, it worked. The problem now, is, this : Can't load plugin /Users/fryselectronics/Downloads/df_osx/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so

You can just remove the Stonesense plugin; it's got further issues with 10.6.8 support, IIRC. (Or ignore the message; it shouldn't interfere with normal operation, I don't think.)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: January 04, 2013, 03:28:52 pm »

It is for modders. ^^ And the player, mostly the micromanagement. You have to manually sort items from coated and not coated. You would end up coating the same item mutiple times, especially with ammo. I also want to write an extended rune coating system, and that would be a problem. Narhiril plans something similar if I am not entirely mistaken, so she will have the same problem.

This is a suggestion for a possible improvement of the feature, not a "everything is broken, fix it" thing. Everything works, but it will be a lot of work for the player. On the other hand, I will continue the Runesmith idea, and report once I have a couple of people test it ingame.

EDIT: The working system is finished, and I am quite pleased with it. This is how it looks ingame:

Thanks for the great plugin again. :)
Meph, if you are going whole hog on the DFhack intergration thing, then how about a slaving function using "tweak makeown"?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2740 on: January 04, 2013, 03:58:47 pm »

Well, tahujdt, if you write the C++/lua/ruby plugin, I will happily do the mod content. But I cant program dfhack, simply a matter of lacking skill on my part. I dont know these languages.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: January 04, 2013, 04:21:19 pm »

I know C++ and lua, kind of. Also, tweak makeown is in vanilla DFHack.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: January 04, 2013, 04:31:24 pm »

The thing that is missing (in current release) is bridge between a dfhack command/script (e.g. tweak makeown (although custom script would be better)) and reaction, or hit or any other in df event.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2743 on: January 04, 2013, 04:31:45 pm »

Ok, I rephrase: If anyone writes the C++/lua/ruby plugin, I will happily do the mod content.

Edit: Or join the dfhack team as a modding-related consultant, and give suggestions on what modders could make best use of. :P

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: January 04, 2013, 06:28:51 pm »

You can just remove the Stonesense plugin; it's got further issues with 10.6.8 support, IIRC. (Or ignore the message; it shouldn't interfere with normal operation, I don't think.)
Er, is there any way to fix this? I kinda DLed dfhack only for it... :P. also, speaking of updates, I heard you can ask the storekeeper to give a flash drive with the OS upgrade. Is that true?

As I said, I do not currently have access to a 10.6.8 build machine. Thus, even when I get stonesense fully working for 10.7+, there is no guarantee that it will work on 10.6.

If you are willing to do a little extra work, you could build it yourself. I'd even be willing to help you through the process (preferably on IRC, in the #dfhack channel on Freenode, but I'm flexible).

For the update, I don't think they're selling the flash drives anymore: they're not selling Lion at all.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 373