Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399780 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2760 on: January 07, 2013, 12:58:23 am »

I'm not entirely sure if they have tags at all.

Unless of course you're just talking in raw terms because those are the ones you're familiar with, in which case I guess the term you'd be looking for is flag as opposed to tag.

assaultdoor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: January 07, 2013, 12:59:08 am »

Thanks, I'm starting by downloading the stuff needed to make cmake work. I didn't find any "downloads" section in the XCode preferences, but I've used the command prompt to compile programs before (and I have used "make install" for a few things).

If things go well I might be able to finish this tomorrow, but I cannot give any guarantees. Delay beyond tomorrow may result in this taking a few days

How many other people here use Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)? Also is this the earliest version of Mac that will run DF or is the earliest version 10.5 (which also runs with Intel macs)?

I'm still using Snow Leopard, and I'd love to be able to use DFHack. For some reason, I can't get it to work under Wine.

Oh, you were talking about Stonesense, wheren't you? I knew I should have read back another page in the thread before replying.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:04:28 am by assaultdoor »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: January 07, 2013, 01:12:17 am »

A quick question: Can a building be given the OUTSIDE tag, like furniture or windmills already have? For something thats needs to be build aboveground.
Is possible (for anyone wanting to implement my idea: isPowered vmethod to check if it's outside). Although not with tags (might be e.g. building name token) because there no "OUTSIDE" tag and df discards all the unknown tags afaik.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2763 on: January 07, 2013, 01:27:22 am »

Yes, I did mean flag in this case. I know no such tag exist, but at least I was understood. :) And good news that it is possible.

In that case I would like to request a plugin that makes all buildings with building_id "OUTSIDE_" to get this flag. If that is not too much work of course. I can never tell ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: January 07, 2013, 06:13:04 am »

Yes, I did mean flag in this case. I know no such tag exist, but at least I was understood. :) And good news that it is possible.

In that case I would like to request a plugin that makes all buildings with building_id "OUTSIDE_" to get this flag. If that is not too much work of course. I can never tell ^^
Nope thats not too much. I'm thinking maybe we should implement additional "raws" e.g. "something.raw" file(s) with similar to raw syntax (e.g. [BUILDING:MASON][OUTSIDE][NEEDS_POWER][ADD_REACTION:MAGIC_BLOCKS][REMOVE_NATIVE_JOBS])

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: January 07, 2013, 11:03:25 am »

Hm. Is that the way syndromes normally work?
Yes, as those get [SYN_CLASS:WEREBEAST/VAMPIRE/ANIMATED_CORPSE] in order to prevent someone repeatedly getting the same curse or getting both lycanthropy and vampirism. If you want a syndrome to target all members of one species regardless of curse status or undeath, just give it [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE] and nothing else. Those curses won't disqualify if the syndrome doesn't have any disqualifications specified.

Then I'll fix it. Thanks for letting me know.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: January 07, 2013, 11:28:43 am »

Expwnent, when can we get a working release with the "definitely will affect" boiling stones you have a beta of? I can't wait to use it :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: January 07, 2013, 12:37:52 pm »

I think there's going to be a new release within the next few weeks. It should be included then.

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51:04 pm »

Does anyone know of a script to trigger a siege or megabeast attack? I have a 15-year-old fort that's never seen an encounter larger than cave crocodiles. I am getting bored with just human and elven caravans (for some reason they don't care that none of their merchants ever come back).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:53:32 pm by koter »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2769 on: January 07, 2013, 02:08:40 pm »

Megabeast attack:
Code: [Select]
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.Megabeast, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick } )
Night creature attack:
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.NightCreature, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick } )
Siege:
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.CivAttack, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick, entity = df.historical_entity.find(<entityID>) } )
For each of the above commands, you need to type "lua" first.

The "megabeast" and "night creature" events probably won't take effect unless your fortress is large enough.
Also, for a siege you'll need to know the entity ID of your nearby Goblin civilization. If you've killed at least one in the past, you can put "dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().civ_id" in the above command and then run it while you have said goblin selected in the Units list; if you've never seen one before, then you're out of luck.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:10:17 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

koter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: January 07, 2013, 02:36:57 pm »

Megabeast attack:
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.Megabeast, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick } )
Night creature attack:
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.NightCreature, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick } )
Siege:
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.CivAttack, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick, entity = df.historical_entity.find(<entityID>) } )
For each of the above commands, you need to type "lua" first.

The "megabeast" and "night creature" events probably won't take effect unless your fortress is large enough.
Also, for a siege you'll need to know the entity ID of your nearby Goblin civilization. If you've killed at least one in the past, you can put "dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().civ_id" in the above command and then run it while you have said goblin selected in the Units list; if you've never seen one before, then you're out of luck.

Great! Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:56:56 pm by koter »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: January 07, 2013, 05:11:35 pm »

How would I set the civ I'm currently playing as? DFusion doesn't seem to have an option for it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

koter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: January 07, 2013, 05:33:00 pm »

It seems that the megabeast and night creature commands do nothing. Lua seems to accept the command, but nothing happens. Is it because there are currently no beasts or night creatures in the world I generated? Though it would be weird since I set evil and savagery to higher than average.
Oh and my fort is way past the requirements for those events. It's currently 270-strong with 5.5kk wealth.

Update: looked it up in Legends. Wow. There was a colossus, a roc and a couple of titans who all died. That's it.
There are some necromancers, though... can I trigger a necromancer siege?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:00:04 pm by koter »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: January 07, 2013, 05:56:24 pm »

Evil and savagery don't affect special beasties; you may just have none.

koter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: January 07, 2013, 06:05:37 pm »

Evil and savagery don't affect special beasties; you may just have none.
Sorry, edited my last post without refreshing, didn't see yours; you're right, no thrills for this fort. And it was by far the biggest and most successful... such a shame. Well, at least next time I'll remember to check the world I generated before putting in the effort.
Thanks anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 373