Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399791 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2775 on: January 07, 2013, 06:36:02 pm »

Thanks, I'm starting by downloading the stuff needed to make cmake work. I didn't find any "downloads" section in the XCode preferences, but I've used the command prompt to compile programs before (and I have used "make install" for a few things).

If things go well I might be able to finish this tomorrow, but I cannot give any guarantees. Delay beyond tomorrow may result in this taking a few days

How many other people here use Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)? Also is this the earliest version of Mac that will run DF or is the earliest version 10.5 (which also runs with Intel macs)?

I'm still using Snow Leopard, and I'd love to be able to use DFHack. For some reason, I can't get it to work under Wine.

Oh, you were talking about Stonesense, wheren't you? I knew I should have read back another page in the thread before replying.

No, the port is the entire DFhack thing over to OSX 10.6.8. I might be able to get an install working for an earlier version of 10.6 though, but the first thing is to get around the "make" stage. Something there just isn't working, and I've been trying to figure out what it is I need to do (Ok, the deal is there's a line in the LuaTypes.cpp which uses a function called "strnlen", and that said function isn't working properly. Problems with said function are noted on the internets, and when I get around other things I may try to rewrite it; that's something I might be able to do myself.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:37:53 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2776 on: January 07, 2013, 07:42:25 pm »

Nope thats not too much. I'm thinking maybe we should implement additional "raws" e.g. "something.raw" file(s) with similar to raw syntax (e.g. [BUILDING:MASON][OUTSIDE][NEEDS_POWER][ADD_REACTION:MAGIC_BLOCKS][REMOVE_NATIVE_JOBS])

The needs_power one is amazing as well... atm people barely use power/machines at all. And what are the last two, magic_blocks and native_jobs ? And the other post below, about triggering megabeast/nightbeasts, maybe sieges, titans, fbs... man... think of all that ingame...  "Run reaction sound-the-horn-of-war" and a megabeast accepts the challenge your fort sends out. "Send raiding party to goblins" and if it fails, trigger goblin invasion. DAMN.

Oh, and Portals. 2 Buildings, (blue, orange, because you know) needs some magic stuff to be build, has a reaction "use portal" and the dwarf that runs the reaction instantly pops out at the other building. Of course it would have to be limited to 1 building each, or it would select a random portal of the other color, dont know how you could code this...

I have tons of ideas. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: January 07, 2013, 09:15:04 pm »

The problem is that the errorlog would complain about the new tokens. Maybe have the building designation tell what its DFHack properties are like with the existing ones?

EDIT: Could anything like add-spatter be done for, say, applying syndromes from worn armor or wielded weapons?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:30:56 pm by Putnam »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 08, 2013, 01:19:37 am »

Nope thats not too much. I'm thinking maybe we should implement additional "raws" e.g. "something.raw" file(s) with similar to raw syntax (e.g. [BUILDING:MASON][OUTSIDE][NEEDS_POWER][ADD_REACTION:MAGIC_BLOCKS][REMOVE_NATIVE_JOBS])

The needs_power one is amazing as well... atm people barely use power/machines at all. And what are the last two, magic_blocks and native_jobs ? And the other post below, about triggering megabeast/nightbeasts, maybe sieges, titans, fbs... man... think of all that ingame...  "Run reaction sound-the-horn-of-war" and a megabeast accepts the challenge your fort sends out. "Send raiding party to goblins" and if it fails, trigger goblin invasion. DAMN.

Oh, and Portals. 2 Buildings, (blue, orange, because you know) needs some magic stuff to be build, has a reaction "use portal" and the dwarf that runs the reaction instantly pops out at the other building. Of course it would have to be limited to 1 building each, or it would select a random portal of the other color, dont know how you could code this...

I have tons of ideas. ^^
Code: [Select]
[ADD_REACTION:MAGIC_BLOCKS] -- add reaction (could be extended to support jobs, not just reactions) to the list of possible in the 'a'dd job menu of the building
[REMOVE_NATIVE_JOBS] -- remove all the buttons from add job menu (all the native at least...)
I would like to hear what do you (and others) think about this raws idea. This would have limited functionality compared to e.g. lua script because it would need adding support for each of the tokens, instead of just adinng e.g. lua function or c++ plugin.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2779 on: January 08, 2013, 01:52:04 am »

[ADD_REACTION:MAGIC_BLOCKS] -- add reaction (could be extended to support jobs, not just reactions) to the list of possible in the 'a'dd job menu of the building
[REMOVE_NATIVE_JOBS] -- remove all the buttons from add job menu (all the native at least...)
I would like to hear what do you (and others) think about this raws idea. This would have limited functionality compared to e.g. lua script because it would need adding support for each of the tokens, instead of just adinng e.g. lua function or c++ plugin.

To be honest, I dont even know what thats supposed to mean. First one adds reactions to buildings, thats done by raw modding, except if you mean the hardcoded buildings that cant be accessed, like ashery, woodburner and so forth. If that is the case, to add reactions to existing vanilla buildings, then it is helpful, but not incredibly so. All custom reactions can be added to custom buildings already. It would make a cleaner mod and open the possibility to distribute reactions among workshops more evenly, but it would not add a game mechanic.

Second one would delete the vanilla reactions from the buildings? For example the still not having "brew drink" ? That would mostly benefit total conversions, and in a small extent open possibilities for making the game harder. Removing wooden shields, or drinks directly from plants, crossbows from 1 bone...

Putnams question about syndrome-bearing armors that affect the wearer would be a lot more interesting to modders. Making cursed items that transform the wearer into a werebeast, adding firebreath of a person equips a flamethrower, adding material_force_multiplier:1:3 to someone with magic armor.

Just my two cents of course. Some changes are nice, but wouldnt drastically change anything, while others would open tons of possibilities. Big things have small beginnings ;)

How about we make an extra thread and all the modders come together and brainstorm a bit, and any dfhack guy can come by and say: No, that does not work, but this, yeah, I can do that in 1h. You know what, I just open one, and we'll see if it will work out.

EDIT: Here we go: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121451.msg3935855#msg3935855
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:17:39 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:39 am »

To be honest, I dont even know what thats supposed to mean. First one adds reactions to buildings, thats done by raw modding, except if you mean the hardcoded buildings that cant be accessed, like ashery, woodburner and so forth. If that is the case, to add reactions to existing vanilla buildings, then it is helpful, but not incredibly so. All custom reactions can be added to custom buildings already. It would make a cleaner mod and open the possibility to distribute reactions among workshops more evenly, but it would not add a game mechanic.

Second one would delete the vanilla reactions from the buildings? For example the still not having "brew drink" ? That would mostly benefit total conversions, and in a small extent open possibilities for making the game harder. Removing wooden shields, or drinks directly from plants, crossbows from 1 bone...

Putnams question about syndrome-bearing armors that affect the wearer would be a lot more interesting to modders. Making cursed items that transform the wearer into a werebeast, adding firebreath of a person equips a flamethrower, adding material_force_multiplier:1:3 to someone with magic armor.

Just my two cents of course. Some changes are nice, but wouldnt drastically change anything, while others would open tons of possibilities. Big things have small beginnings ;)

How about we make an extra thread and all the modders come together and brainstorm a bit, and any dfhack guy can come by and say: No, that does not work, but this, yeah, I can do that in 1h. You know what, I just open one, and we'll see if it will work out.
Yeah it adds/removes reactions from "unmoddable" buildings (but unfortunately not all are supported, i think e.g. butcher can't be modified). As for syndrome-bearing armors, can't see how it could be implemented (have an idea or two, that need checking). I'll write it down not to forget. You could start new one, but IMHO this thread is not very crowded and can happen here. One thing that i noticed that sometimes very complicated ideas are easy to implement (e.g. custom viewscreens for workshops) and sometimes simple ideas are very hard to do (especially correctly) (e.g. unit related functionality, like detecting when it's hurt, when it is got a new thought etc...) this related to virtual methods that df uses (and units don't have those, but e.g. buildings, items, viewscreens, reactions (including reaction products), projectiles, etc... have)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2781 on: January 08, 2013, 02:23:10 am »

I already made another thread about it, to collect everything in one post at the beginning. I just wanted people to see what is already suggested, what is possible and what is not possible in one place.

A Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: January 08, 2013, 04:32:10 am »

Used the 'reveal' command, which worked fine and everything. But 'unreveal' isn't doing anything when I use it.. I get Map hidden! but the map is stays revealed.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 08, 2013, 04:48:19 am »

that's probabbly due to misuse reather than a bug. use revflood

toasteur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 08, 2013, 11:49:02 am »

Used the 'reveal' command, which worked fine and everything. But 'unreveal' isn't doing anything when I use it.. I get Map hidden! but the map is stays revealed.

did you save while the map was revealed and then wanted to unreveal after quitting the game? unreveal keeps a list of the cells it just revealed to revert back later if you unreveal. however, it keeps it for the current session, so if you quit and reload later, its list of tile to unreveal is now empty. also, you should not unpause while unrevealed, as you get the risk that new terrain being mined will revert back to unreveal later and stay that way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 08, 2013, 12:00:34 pm »

Megabeast attack:
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.Megabeast, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick } )
Night creature attack:
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.NightCreature, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick } )
Siege:
df.global.timed_events:insert('#', { new = df.timed_event, type = df.timed_event_type.CivAttack, season = df.global.cur_season, season_ticks = df.global.cur_season_tick, entity = df.historical_entity.find(<entityID>) } )
For each of the above commands, you need to type "lua" first.

The "megabeast" and "night creature" events probably won't take effect unless your fortress is large enough.
Also, for a siege you'll need to know the entity ID of your nearby Goblin civilization. If you've killed at least one in the past, you can put "dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().civ_id" in the above command and then run it while you have said goblin selected in the Units list; if you've never seen one before, then you're out of luck.
Can a forgotten beast attack be triggered the same way?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2786 on: January 08, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »

A forgotten beast attack should be the same as a megabeast attack, though possibly with some of the additional fields filled in (fields whose meanings are not fully known).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: January 09, 2013, 09:20:29 am »

Is it possible to edit the requirements for a mood? My Exp Leader wants iron bars, but I have not any...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: January 09, 2013, 09:22:47 am »

Melt something.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: January 09, 2013, 10:43:09 am »

Melt something.

I don't have a forge yet, nor a smelter or coal.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 373