Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1008254 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3690 on: May 01, 2013, 08:09:55 pm »

Thanks Drayath, 6th version of your script works for me and displays stuff in the dfhack console. This is just something from a new fort, testing shotguns that fire 8 pellets at once by material emissions: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.msg4218316#msg4218316

[DFHack]# ShowUnitSyndromes
Dwarves
wheat seedplot
 - Shotgun battle saddle [196 of 300]
 -  - Add interaction [0-300] ability=Reload shotguns, delay=600, actionType=TODO, range=TODO, maxTargets=TODO
 - Shotgun battle saddle [46 of 300]
 -  - Add interaction [0-300] ability=Reload shotguns, delay=600, actionType=TODO, range=TODO, maxTargets=TODO
blaze blotbud
 - Shotgun battle saddle [196 of 300]
 - Shotgun battle saddle [46 of 300]

EDIT:
v6 works once, then spits a bunch of errors when I run it again. There isn't even anything in line 43 that could cause an error.
[DFHack]# ShowUnitSyndromes
E: Errno::ENOSPC: ./hack/scripts/ShowUnitSyndromes.rb:43:in `write': No space left on device
 ./hack/scripts/ShowUnitSyndromes.rb:43
 ./hack/scripts/ShowUnitSyndromes.rb:43
 (eval):2:in `load'
 (eval):2
 (eval):2:in `catch'
 (eval):2

I also have a feature request: Give me an option to print just one dwarf, filtered by name "ShowUnitSyndromes -u Urist" or something similar. Yes, I can generate a html, then reload it, then search in that, but it would be really convenient to have that info in the dfhack console, frame by frame.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:09:52 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: May 02, 2013, 10:20:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You could always just iterate through the first however-many-you-want with remove_all_skills and then use a modified armoks_blessing on the same however many.

If you don't want to pick them manually or automatically, pick the first 18 or 90.

On the other hand, whatever your goal is, the Object Testing Arena may help?

Sorry about the slow response.

The first suggestion would technically work, but it'd require a substantial increase in the amount of time I spend setting up each trial. If I can automate the script around numeric nicknames, it'd take all of thirty seconds to get an entire new trial up and running (Barring using non-standard training numbers, which I'll definitely be doing a few of).

Object testing arena won't help as I'm going to be looking at the rate of skill gain in training.

I suppose the most succinct way to solve my problem is this: What other ways, beyond the gui bit, are there to select dwarves?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:29:22 pm by Ashery »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: May 03, 2013, 09:08:45 am »

If you know how many you need you could make it an argument passed to the script, and it would only adjust exactly that many dwarves. (from first to n)

One command, 18 modified, done.  Or, one command, 90 modified, done.  Or any quantity you want.  No extra time required.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: May 03, 2013, 11:35:43 am »

Will we get dfusion embark back in the next version?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: May 03, 2013, 11:36:54 am »

If you know how many you need you could make it an argument passed to the script, and it would only adjust exactly that many dwarves. (from first to n)

One command, 18 modified, done.  Or, one command, 90 modified, done.  Or any quantity you want.  No extra time required.

Yup. Something like that was my primary backup if the nickname method didn't work (And the nickname method is only a slightly more fancy version of it. The main advantage with the nicknames being that each squad would be clustered together in the spreadsheet so spotting trends would be easier. Ie, I'd modify all dwarves with a nickname equal to 0 mod 9 and group the dwarves 0-8 in the first squad and so on. Not necessary by any means, but it'd allow squads that are constantly over/under performing across multiple trials to be easily picked out and allow me to get a bit of extra information out of the testing beyond the main point on training. The nicknames would also allow me to just exclude the military dwarves from the test outright and get a more accurate representation of the stats of an untrained dwarf).

The problem is that I still don't know how to select a dwarf beyond the gui method, as that's both easily understandable and the only method I've seen used.

You want the dwarf manipulator to have a abililty to edit the skills of a unit? I think someone here made a morul script.

This the script you're talking about? http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php?title=Utility:DFusion#How_to

It's more useful in terms of teaching me a bit about how the scripting functions, but it still relies entirely on the gui method of selection.

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: May 03, 2013, 02:46:23 pm »

--snip--

I suppose the most succinct way to solve my problem is this: What other ways, beyond the gui bit, are there to select dwarves?

scripts/siren.lua in the stop rest loop, finds all citizens.  It also has some in checks for units that are currently in a burrow by position or something.

some possibilities:

by id:

active units who have a numeric custom profession:

In my personal experience, I have noticed nicknames to be a little flaky in that they sometimes get lost, so I would recommend using custom professions instead.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: May 03, 2013, 03:50:30 pm »

I have some requests/suggestions for the Dwarf Manipulator:
I think generally the plugins would benefit from a little less information, or less exact information. It makes the plugins feel so exploity in some cases.

Specifically, I think it would be great if you could see Happiness not as numerical value, but only as the 5-tiered color code already in place. I think Dwarf Therapist already has a similar setting. Similarly, I propose switching off the exact experience numbers and just showing the general level of expertise (dabbling, legendendary, etc). Basically - don't show more exact information that the game would present the player without DFhack.

It sounds trivial, and I'd do it myself, but I literally have absolutely no experience with this kind of thing.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3697 on: May 03, 2013, 03:58:40 pm »

Speaking of the dwarf manipulator, which I hear and see about the very first time (I vaguely knew of its existence somewhere in its beta stages, but never realized it was finished and released) I do have a question about it:

Would it be possible if it reads out the professions from the raws? It does get the correct creatures sprites using the graphic-raws, but the profession games are vanilla. That is a bit unfitting if your "blowgunner" is actually a "gundwarf" and a "lye maker" is a "chemist".
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: May 05, 2013, 10:30:21 am »

so I just finish 2 modifications on companion order and advfort though companion order script kinda broke on me after I publish this so I need to dive into it some more...
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: May 05, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »

Maklak, as requested can now provide a filter, though have a look a the 'selected' argument as it may do what you want.
MethMeph ;D, as requested with readme. If adding to masterworks i suggest adding the dfhack.ini file setting with the export:SyndromeReport will write file to the Dwarf Fortress folder which user likely has write permissions to.

Does anyone know if you can add a infomation screen to dwarf fortress (e.g. like the workflow info screen) using ruby script, if so a pointer on where to start would be appreciated.

showunitsyndromes - v7
Fix: Few more formatting issues and spellings.
Enh: Can now provide a regex to filter shown units (see 'filter' help), still need to specifiy the appropiate dwarves/livestock/wildlife/hostile arguments. If you know nothing about regular expressions, see the following quick tips. filter:xxx will show units with xxx anywhere in their name; filter:xxx|yyy will show units with xxx or yyy on their name; filter:^xxx will show units if the name starts with xxx.
Enh: Added usage guide to the comment header.

Full readme

showunitsyndromes.rb - V7
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:02:27 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3700 on: May 05, 2013, 02:58:24 pm »

Meth
Not even once.

I will have a look, I really like this utilty. :) Especially in a mod with so many syndromes and effects flying around.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: May 05, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »

Meth
Not even once.

I will have a look, I really like this utilty. :) Especially in a mod with so many syndromes and effects flying around.
Meph, if you can get it working, you might want to consider using the caste-choosing embark plugin for themed embarks.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

oxiboost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: May 08, 2013, 11:17:02 pm »

I have a question regarding DFHack: is there any way to rename a dwarf (as in, first name last name, not the nickname)? If so, how?

Wormsign

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: May 09, 2013, 04:22:21 am »

Greetings!

I decided to download Stonesense after checking out a beautiful screenshots thread, but I'm having an issue.
Typing 'stonesense' in the DFHack command prompt window causes another window (presumably Stonesense) to quickly open then close. DFHack tells me in red text: al_create_display failed

I'm at a loss. The only other utility I use is Lazy Newb Pack. I'm not sure if that would cause problems or not. I tested launching DF on its own and from LNP with the same results. I have not tested any other features of DFHack at this time. Any help would be much appreciated. In exchange for your information, I am prepared to sacrifice this years trade caravan to Armok on your behalf.

Also, I just want to give everyone who has contributed and continues to contribute to this game, my appreciation.

Japa

• Bay Watcher
  • Spoopy time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: May 09, 2013, 06:55:20 am »

Something on your system is causing incompatibility with stonesense. What OS and specs do you have?
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 373