Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1395717 times)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3765 on: May 19, 2013, 04:11:38 am »

So I ran the merchant and diplomat fix on my fort.. just for curiousity mostly.. i thought it'd be nice to make trade agreements with the humans (no lignite/bit coal on my map) and I was curious about the elf diplomat...but.. since i've done that.. i haven't seen a single caravan. It's been like a year in game. Would either of these changes do anything like that? Mind you.. the last couple of caravans got slaughtered..
not my fault. The game still insists on spawning 99% of sieges and caravans at the same time. There is usually no chance at all to save them unless you're sitting right on top of them with 25 lord level dwarves.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: May 19, 2013, 11:49:34 am »

What's the command to add a foreign or wild unit to your fort?

Edit: I'm playing an orc fortress mod. Could I, for example, create an ogre, or really strong orc in arena control with "mode set" and then add it to my fort? I want it to be like a peasant, not like a tame animal, so it can do work and join the army
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:59:18 am by bennerman »

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #3767 on: May 19, 2013, 07:20:19 pm »

Is there a way to remove all wounds from a dwarf and return him to perfect health?
I've got a migrant, who showed up at the edge of the map with a bruised spine. Somehow he got in a fight off map.
Despite sending him to the hospital they can do nothing, and after a couple years, he's not healing on his own.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: May 19, 2013, 07:25:10 pm »

Is there a way to remove all wounds from a dwarf and return him to perfect health?
I've got a migrant, who showed up at the edge of the map with a bruised spine. Somehow he got in a fight off map.
Despite sending him to the hospital they can do nothing, and after a couple years, he's not healing on his own.
Without cheating? No.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: May 19, 2013, 07:31:52 pm »

You're in the dfhack topic, tahujdt.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: May 19, 2013, 07:36:04 pm »

You're in the dfhack topic, tahujdt.
For some reason, I though this was 'What's going on in your fort?' Sorry.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: May 20, 2013, 07:48:28 am »

Just starting using r3 and found two plugins that were loading themselves without being asked, automaterial and autosyndrome.

I removed them from /hack to stop that, but I was wondering if there were any other plugins/scripts setup to run without explicit invocation?

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: May 20, 2013, 08:51:17 am »

Define explicit invocation.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: May 20, 2013, 10:17:12 am »

Define explicit invocation.
I type something in the console window, like 'automaterial 1', to turn that feature on.  Instead of it turning itself on at startup.

Nevermind anyway, I've just pulled all the plugins except the few I use.  Problem solved.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: May 20, 2013, 11:03:00 am »

What's the command to add a foreign or wild unit to your fort?

Edit: I'm playing an orc fortress mod. Could I, for example, create an ogre, or really strong orc in arena control with "mode set" and then add it to my fort? I want it to be like a peasant, not like a tame animal, so it can do work and join the army

Anyone? :c

Gunna get attacked eventually. could really use those ogres xP

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: May 20, 2013, 11:31:20 am »

There's essentially no reason that those two would be a problem, but we changed it a few months ago so that in the next version, everything should be off by default.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: May 20, 2013, 12:07:56 pm »

I type something in the console window, like 'automaterial 1', to turn that feature on.  Instead of it turning itself on at startup.

That's not appropriate for instance for some things like autosyndrome or steam engine, which provide functionality to support enhanced raws. A steam engine workshop without plugin support behaves wrongly in a very unintuitive way. What they should be doing (and steam engine actually does) is check once on world load if there is anything in the raws for them, and if not, do absolutely nothing until another world is loaded.

It is also silly to clutter up the command list just so that something can be enabled or disabled, so maybe we need a centralized enable command that can contact the relevant plugin. There is also an issue that users don't read readme, so authors of things like LNP or mod packs are quite likely to include a config file that enables everything anyway.

Regarding automaterial, since falconne initially distributes his plugins separately, they tend to assume that if they are installed, the user surely wants them to be active, even if they aren't just adding something rather non-intrusive like a hotkey to activate dwarf manipulator in the unit list screen, or even search prompts.

Eventually, the most basic problem is there is no viable universal configuration system in dfhack, and every plugin has to implement its controls individually as it sees fit; and developers tend to assume that everybody wants their thing. :)

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: May 20, 2013, 03:44:47 pm »

in the latest version of the masterwork-mod some skillnames have been changed within the executable, however this feature wasn't provided for linux - which i am using
now i've applied these changes on the linux-executable myself
starting df normally it runs fine, but using dfhack it crashes with a segmentation fault (with and without plugins - the stderr.log seems fine, though)
???

what could be the problem?
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #3778 on: May 20, 2013, 05:20:28 pm »

I guess my question got lost,
does anyone have a script to totally heal a dwarf or remove all wounds as it were?

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #3779 on: May 20, 2013, 07:05:36 pm »

I guess my question got lost,
does anyone have a script to totally heal a dwarf or remove all wounds as it were?

Code: (healunit.lua) [Select]
-- Repairs all health issues except for syndromes and severed limbs.
local unit=dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()
if unit then
print("Erasing wounds...")
while #unit.body.wounds > 0 do
unit.body.wounds:erase(#unit.body.wounds-1)
end
unit.body.wound_next_id=1

print("Refilling blood...")
unit.body.blood_count=unit.body.blood_max

print("Resetting status flags...")
unit.status2.able_stand_impair=unit.status2.able_stand
unit.status2.able_grasp_impair=unit.status2.able_grasp

unit.flags2.has_breaks=false
unit.flags2.gutted=false
unit.flags2.circulatory_spray=false
unit.flags2.vision_good=true
unit.flags2.vision_damaged=false
unit.flags2.vision_missing=false
unit.flags2.breathing_good=true
unit.flags2.breathing_problem=false

unit.flags2.calculated_nerves=false
unit.flags2.calculated_bodyparts=false

print("Resetting counters...")
unit.counters.winded=0
unit.counters.stunned=0
unit.counters.unconscious=0
unit.counters.webbed=0
unit.counters.pain=0
unit.counters.nausea=0
unit.counters.dizziness=0

unit.counters2.paralysis=0
unit.counters2.fever=0
unit.counters2.exhaustion=0
unit.counters2.hunger_timer=0
unit.counters2.thirst_timer=0
unit.counters2.sleepiness_timer=0
unit.counters2.vomit_timeout=0

end

I probably need to update that for r3.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 373