Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399668 times)

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3840 on: May 25, 2013, 05:59:01 am »

Anyone know the syntax for unassigning from cages with the zone plugin?

Currently I've tried
Code: [Select]
zone unassign all own egglayer minage 1
zone unassign all own egglayer
zone unassign all own
zone unassign all
zone unassign
zone unassign count 5 own egglayer minage 1
With the cage 'zone set', with the cage built, with the cage not built.  It just kicks me to the prompt and ignores me.

I am confused. Assigning to cages and zones is working fine.  But now I've got 400 peafowl I need to get back out.

it looks like unassign does not support built cages. nor does assign search built cages ... so deconstruct the cage then with a pen/pasture with at least one creature do

zone set
zone assign count 5 own race BIRD_PEAFOWL_BLUE caged female egglayer minage 1

or something like that, with your choice of count or all

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: May 25, 2013, 07:19:28 am »

Hmmm.... How can i change a number of dwarves in r3 DFhack? I can't find this function anymore:(
Also i thought there was a script or a tool to force caravan and migration events?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:24:28 am by Tierre »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: May 25, 2013, 07:50:39 am »

Hmmm.... How can i change a number of dwarves in r3 DFhack? I can't find this function anymore:(
Also i thought there was a script or a tool to force caravan and migration events?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4244960#msg4244960

(dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Linux)
Speaking of fastdwarf... I had this problem a few months ago, but I was burning out on DF at the time anyway so I didn't chase it. When I enable fast dwarf (with fastdwarf 1 1), the game crashes citing a segmentation fault. I've overwritten the folder with a local copy of DF, and a fresh download of DFHack, and it still occurs.  This doesn't happen on the Windows version, any ideas?

EDIT: Specifically...
[DFHack]# fastdwarf 1 1
Current state: fast = 1, teleport = 1.
[DFHack]# Segmentation fault (core dumped)
                                          -e

I'll look into it. What else can you find out about the crash? Is it just with teleport mode on?

Aaarrgh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: May 25, 2013, 09:00:17 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4244960#msg4244960

(dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Linux)
Speaking of fastdwarf... I had this problem a few months ago, but I was burning out on DF at the time anyway so I didn't chase it. When I enable fast dwarf (with fastdwarf 1 1), the game crashes citing a segmentation fault. I've overwritten the folder with a local copy of DF, and a fresh download of DFHack, and it still occurs.  This doesn't happen on the Windows version, any ideas?

EDIT: Specifically...
[DFHack]# fastdwarf 1 1
Current state: fast = 1, teleport = 1.
[DFHack]# Segmentation fault (core dumped)
                                          -e

I'll look into it. What else can you find out about the crash? Is it just with teleport mode on?
Fast will keep it going for a few seconds, but teleport crashes it instantly, with the same error messages.
EDIT: The same thing just happened with autodump. Hang on, I'll try some other DFHack tools.
EDIT2: Spawned several blocks of 7/7 water to deal with a forest fire problem (that was immediately replaced by an enormous flooding problem). The same thing happened - as normal, then seg fault. I'll try creating a new world now.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:09:02 am by Aaarrgh! »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: May 25, 2013, 10:17:58 am »

I just looked at it, and I fixed a different problem, but I really can't see how a segfault could happen there. Maybe someone else can.

Aaarrgh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: May 25, 2013, 11:07:03 am »

I just looked at it, and I fixed a different problem, but I really can't see how a segfault could happen there. Maybe someone else can.
Well, you did your best. Any idea what that -e flag is?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: May 25, 2013, 01:28:22 pm »

I think that just always happens when DFHack crashes.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3847 on: May 25, 2013, 02:07:21 pm »

How hard would it be to create a lua script that goes through all the fortress members, finds their gender, and assigns their profession name to Male/Female. And a reverse script that would remove the Male/Female profession names leaving them to DF choosing?

Thought it would be an easier way to figure out who to put in the army (males in army, females out) because I don't want to lose children brought into battle.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: May 25, 2013, 02:24:44 pm »

How hard would it be to create a lua script that goes through all the fortress members, finds their gender, and assigns their profession name to Male/Female. And a reverse script that would remove the Male/Female profession names leaving them to DF choosing?

Thought it would be an easier way to figure out who to put in the army (males in army, females out) because I don't want to lose children brought into battle.
In Dwarf Therapist you can Group By: Sex, for Labors and/or Military.  This is an easy way to see who qualifies or who has been drafted so far.  The script shouldn't be too hard, just pointing this out in case it meets your needs already.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3849 on: May 25, 2013, 10:04:56 pm »

Hugo, you dont need dfhack for that, you can do that in the raws, with caste_profession names. :) Just add the (male)(female) inside the profession names for the male and female castes. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3850 on: May 25, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »

Hugo, you dont need dfhack for that, you can do that in the raws, with caste_profession names. :) Just add the (male)(female) inside the profession names for the male and female castes. :)
true but that is alot of extra work for aprox. 65 lines of code of CASTE_PROFFESSION_NAME:sing:plur x2 for male/female then xN for the different types of castes I have :P saddly I don't have my special utility setup for arrays yet, so all that copy pasta :P

would be easier if a script can go through all the current units and change profession to MALE/FEMALE and a script to reverse it lol

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3851 on: May 25, 2013, 11:01:58 pm »

Hehe, true. Maybe try out Blast, that fancy modding helper tool. ;)

And I'd like to repeat my question: If I renamde the STEAM_ENGINE to STEAM_ENGINE_KOBOLD and the name of it to Steam Generator, can dfhack still find it? Will the renamed steam engine still work?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: May 25, 2013, 11:19:25 pm »

Yeah, I think so.

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: May 25, 2013, 11:41:25 pm »

Hehe, true. Maybe try out Blast, that fancy modding helper tool. ;)

And I'd like to repeat my question: If I renamde the STEAM_ENGINE to STEAM_ENGINE_KOBOLD and the name of it to Steam Generator, can dfhack still find it? Will the renamed steam engine still work?

The dfhack readme says
The steam-engine plugin detects custom workshops with STEAM_ENGINE in their token, and turns them into real steam engines.

so.. I think it is saying STEAM_ENGINE_KOBOLD should work as it starts with the requisite STEAM_ENGINE.  The wording suggests that KOBOLD_STEAM_ENGINE should work too.  Naming it Steam Generator should be fine.  Someone will probably have to test the token id to be sure.

* Looking at the CPP code, it looks like the wording is correct in that if STEAM_ENGINE is in the token (start, end, in the middle, with or without underscores before/after, where ever) it should be detected.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3854 on: May 25, 2013, 11:52:12 pm »

Thank you :)
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 373