Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399880 times)

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4245 on: July 13, 2013, 07:07:42 am »

Hi, How do you add new scripts to DFHack?
 Ive tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to do anything but break it, and searching brings up too much irrelevant information to find anything through.

Just dropping the .rb files in the scripts folder [the only place they are in other mods DFHacks], doesnt seem to do anything at all.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: July 13, 2013, 02:01:39 pm »

Ive tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to do anything but break it, and searching brings up too much irrelevant information to find anything through.

Just dropping the .rb files in the scripts folder [the only place they are in other mods DFHacks], doesnt seem to do anything at all.

Putting the file in the scripts folder is the main thing, but you also have to activate the script somehow, either by typing its name on the dfhack prompt or by adding its name to your dfhack.init file.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: July 13, 2013, 07:36:34 pm »

Putting the file in the scripts folder is the main thing, but you also have to activate the script somehow, either by typing its name on the dfhack prompt or by adding its name to your dfhack.init file.

Thanks!
 SO what do you put into dfhack to add it to the prompt?
 Just dropping it into the scripts folder then typing its name [as works in the packaged-with-a-mod-DFHack it's copied from[Downloaded copy script tested too]] causes the red 'is not a recognized command'
 The script command gives a read 'error loading script' and load a 'no such plugin' and etc. Ive tried everything in the ls that seems event remotely relevant and I cant work out what im missing to get DFHack to acknowledge it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:03:34 pm by AMTiger »

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: July 13, 2013, 10:16:17 pm »

Anyone know a script that will force relationships between dwarves? The one I found http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100964.msg3997955#msg3997955 just tells me that it cant find the dwarves even with the correct ids.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: July 14, 2013, 01:00:58 pm »

I wrote that script for an older version of DFHack I think.  I don't have the current version, so it's possible that something has changed that would prevent it from working.  What error is it generating exactly?

I should probably also update the script to allow you to pick targets through the GUI instead of the roundabout method of finding their IDs first.  I remember seeing a code snippet earlier in the thread (by Urist DaVinci I think?) that allowed selecting multiple targets.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: July 14, 2013, 04:42:01 pm »

I wrote that script for an older version of DFHack I think.  I don't have the current version, so it's possible that something has changed that would prevent it from working.  What error is it generating exactly?

I should probably also update the script to allow you to pick targets through the GUI instead of the roundabout method of finding their IDs first.  I remember seeing a code snippet earlier in the thread (by Urist DaVinci I think?) that allowed selecting multiple targets.
No error. Just says it cant find the first unit regardless of which goes first.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: July 14, 2013, 05:47:16 pm »

Is there something to add animals to the 'give medical treatment' list? Some bastard goblin fired at a cat and instead took out the Achilles tendon of one of my jabberers fifty tiles away.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: July 15, 2013, 01:17:12 pm »

Okay, "dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().mood=df.mood_type.Berserk" will send the selected unit into a berserk rage, which apparently is not the same thing as being CRAZED.

If you actually want the dwarf to act like an invader, then you could enable "flags1.marauder", "flags1.invades" and "flags1.invader_origin", but by itself that will cause a loyalty cascade.  Setting the dwarf's "civ_id" to something else might fix that, but I haven't tested it.

I managed to make dwarf berserk through this, but I couldn't change a dwarf to invader. I tried to type "dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().flags1.marauder" to lua panel etc, DFHack just wrote ">>". I think I should type something there, too, but I have no idea what. The dwarf is selected through (v)iew, just like when making a dwarf go berserk. Any ideas why this doesen't work?

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: July 15, 2013, 02:27:41 pm »

the lua statement is unfinished.  It looks like you are trying to assign true like this:
Code: (lua) [Select]
dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().flags1.marauder = true

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: July 15, 2013, 06:10:01 pm »

On top of that, you may have to change the dwarf's civilization ID.  I don't think they'll attack unless you do that.  I was able to make a member of my fort an invader once in .31.25 by doing something like that in Runesmith, and I would expect the process to be the same in .34.11 with DFHack.

Oh, and related to the relationship script having problems in the current version of DFHack: I haven't had a chance to update my DFHack install to take a look at it.  I would say a property must have been renamed, but if it doesn't produce any errors and only complains about not finding the unit I don't know what the problem would be.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:12:23 pm by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: July 16, 2013, 04:34:42 pm »

i got the latest DFHack and i would like to ask if scripts like falconne's and age/size bugfix are in the package or we need to add them?
>also if i activeate a plugin (workflow for example) do i need to reactivate every time i play or is there a way to make it par default?
>in the readme there are activity management examples but i do not see how to set zone command on automated execution (for keeping animal population in a pasture for example with auto butcher and auto nestbox together it should work well but i do not see a way to automatize)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: July 17, 2013, 01:43:01 am »

Is it possible to have a script that makes a dwarf into a vampire?

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: July 17, 2013, 02:44:30 pm »

i got the latest DFHack and i would like to ask if scripts like falconne's and age/size bugfix are in the package or we need to add them?
I believe some of falconne's plugins are included, but there have been several updates to them since the latest dfhack release so I would recommend getting the updated versions.  The growth/size bugfix is also newer than the last release. You can get my version of the growth/size bugfix from this post or from my github.  I also have a compiled plugin version that I haven't released yet, if you or others are interested I will post it.

>also if i activeate a plugin (workflow for example) do i need to reactivate every time i play or is there a way to make it par default?
I believe workflow is enabled per fort (or maybe per world), it will stay active for that fort/world after you start using it.  Other plugins should be enabled or disabled by way of the dfhack.init so that they don't need to be reactivated each time.

>in the readme there are activity management examples but i do not see how to set zone command on automated execution (for keeping animal population in a pasture for example with auto butcher and auto nestbox together it should work well but i do not see a way to automatize)
I have not yet used these myself to any great degree.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: July 17, 2013, 03:15:11 pm »

Is it possible to have a script that makes a dwarf into a vampire?
yes, it's also possible to fix necromancers who don't get the undead immunity.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: July 19, 2013, 02:37:34 am »

Cross-post from plugins suggestions, since I think this would be really quick: 

Would anyone be up for whipping up a script like soundsense-season, to add information to the gamelog on load that can identify the world?  I'm thinking of something like "Loaded RegionX, [dwarfname] [translatedname]".   

There's a nice little utility called Story Maker which could take advantage of something like this in the next version, but it would also be nice for flavor and tracking activity across different forts manually.  It would also potentially allow someone to build a plugin that lets DF show gamelog info from previous sessions, which could be nice for people who play in short bursts. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 373