Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1386420 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r4 (current)
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 10:21:22 pm »

Posting to extend my thanks again and to follow.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 11:12:55 pm »

I am using Ubuntu 11.04, 2.6.38 kernel, Xorg 1.10.1, and the proprietary Nvidia drivers, and when using Stonesense in DFHack-r2 I get this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I compiled stonesense seperately a while ago and it still works fine.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2011, 12:19:28 am »

I am using Ubuntu 11.04, 2.6.38 kernel, Xorg 1.10.1, and the proprietary Nvidia drivers, and when using Stonesense in DFHack-r2 I get this:
Cannot load image: stonesense/stonesense.png
Ok. That's something I haven't seen yet. Some options here:
Look at the DF folder. Is the stonesense.png file in the right spot? it should be (DF being the '/' here) in /stonesense/stonesense.png along with all the other stonesense files.
Might be a missing lib? Try 'ldd hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so' and pastebin/post the result.
Alternatively try to install some different versions of libpng.

P.S. I may have stumbled across potential issue with one of the tools, has anyone else experienced a repeatable "stopped working" game crash when using the "Clear task" plugin while an ambush is occurring?
there is no clear task plugin. I did port the old tool but decided to remove it shortly after. It was meant to fix the problem with task-locked items after fort reclaim. That bug should no longer be a problem and the tool was never safe for general use - only the first game step after a reclaim when none of the dwarves have any tasks yet.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 12:32:34 am »

I am using Ubuntu 11.04, 2.6.38 kernel, Xorg 1.10.1, and the proprietary Nvidia drivers, and when using Stonesense in DFHack-r2 I get this.
I compiled stonesense seperately a while ago and it still works fine.

Most common cause of this is an OpenGL issue.

unless it actually can't find the image.

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 01:08:18 am »

Ah, my bad again, sleep is really starting to sound inviting right about now, I didn't mean plugin, I meant the old exe cleartask one, didn't realize that bug had been fixed, and waited til the first ambush after the reclaim to use it. 

Caffeine, here I come!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 10:38:53 am »

I am using Ubuntu 11.04, 2.6.38 kernel, Xorg 1.10.1, and the proprietary Nvidia drivers, and when using Stonesense in DFHack-r2 I get this:
Cannot load image: stonesense/stonesense.png
Ok. That's something I haven't seen yet. Some options here:
Look at the DF folder. Is the stonesense.png file in the right spot? it should be (DF being the '/' here) in /stonesense/stonesense.png along with all the other stonesense files.
Might be a missing lib? Try 'ldd hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so' and pastebin/post the result.
Alternatively try to install some different versions of libpng.
stonesense.png is in the stonesenese folder that was the first thing I checked since if it was missing I could just replace it.
The results of ldd hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so are below.
I don't see libpng there could that be the problem?
There are no other packaged versions of libpng to install but I don't think that is the problem since I can run stonesense when it is not a part of dfhack.
The picture below shows the results of running stonesense and running dfhack stonesense side by side.

I wonder if it might be related to this problem where stonesense can not find a font if it is called a certain way.
I built allegro5 with all optional dependencies, dfhack 0.5.15, and then stonesense in Ubuntu 11.04.
I got the font not found error by running with
~/stonesense/stonesense &
I was able to run stonesense without the font error using
cd stonesense
./stonesense

Most common cause of this is an OpenGL issue.
Do you know a way to figure out if this is the problem?

I tried to build dfhack with stonesense to see if there was a difference but it failed.  Link to the pastebin of the error is below.
http://pastebin.com/Pd3YVtR7
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:57:26 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r5 (current)
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2011, 06:52:37 am »

Alright. New version is up, hopefully now working on all relevant Windows versions.

arclance:
Well, I have no idea what actually happened here. Anyway, I reworked the release process for both Windows and Linux. Check the new version. The build of stonesense you did was the normal, standalone stonesense. The right one is here: http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/branches/DFAPI/

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2011, 11:14:03 am »

I can confirm Stonesense works with r5. Thanks Peter.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2011, 11:19:34 am »

Good to hear that :)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2011, 05:12:57 pm »

Works for me too.  Screenshot below.
r5 also built fine using DFAPI stonesense.
You might want to put a reference about needing the DFAPI branch of stonesense with a link to its location in the dependencies section of the compile instructions.

Also any progress on getting dfusion to work on linux?
Sigtext

i874236951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2011, 06:49:58 pm »

So, maybe I'm late to the party on this, but since the new default reveal allows you to safely unpause, you can use it to dig through damp/warm stone without the designation cancellations.  Which is awesome because I know of no other way to do that (eliminating the announcements doesn't stop the un-designations).

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:28 am »

Hi, I'm new to the game. Will this tool let me kill nasties on the map? Like the minotaur that's terrorizing my immigrants and caravans outside my fortress walls?
Feeling down? Click Here!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2011, 05:26:38 am »

Hi, I'm new to the game. Will this tool let me kill nasties on the map? Like the minotaur that's terrorizing my immigrants and caravans outside my fortress walls?
Best thing would be to kill the thing properly - with weapons or traps :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2011, 06:08:33 am »

you could just use Runesmith and avoid that ordeal all together and the FUN of accidentally pouring magma on an important Dwarf or forcing your self out of magma forges.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:11 am »

you could just use Runesmith and avoid that ordeal all together and the FUN of accidentally pouring magma on an important Dwarf or forcing your self out of magma forges.
Reminds me... I wonder if creaturemanager (is worth porting/will be ported) to the new system. Although I will miss my batchfiles.  8)
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 373