Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1400054 times)

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4560 on: September 12, 2013, 02:07:09 am »

Does anyone know if the dfusion friendship plugin will work, and if yes how?

So far I have created friendship.o but I have no idea what to put in it, and calling

plug=require"plugins.dfusion.friendship"
plug.Friendship:install{"DWARF","DWARF","HUMAN","ELF"}

generates this error:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does it simply not work with Dfhack r3 now? From previous versions I am vaguely aware that there's supposed to be a races.txt, but with my limited knowledge... :-\ Many thanks to whoever knows! :)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: September 12, 2013, 02:23:10 am »

Does anyone know if the dfusion friendship plugin will work, and if yes how?

So far I have created friendship.o but I have no idea what to put in it, and calling

plug=require"plugins.dfusion.friendship"
plug.Friendship:install{"DWARF","DWARF","HUMAN","ELF"}

generates this error:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does it simply not work with Dfhack r3 now? From previous versions I am vaguely aware that there's supposed to be a races.txt, but with my limited knowledge... :-\ Many thanks to whoever knows! :)
hmm... you say you have created friendship.o? it should be included in hack/plugins/dfusion. The races.txt way was removed. And unfortunetly this (and that migrants plugin) is the worst maintained code.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: September 12, 2013, 03:17:59 am »

Nope, just re-downloaded another DFHack r3, no friendship.o in there...

I can understand the "not being maintained" thing though, what with all the new plugins and advfort and everything :)

Still. Any suggestions on how to make it work, or must I use castes for my labour?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: September 12, 2013, 06:10:49 am »

Nope, just re-downloaded another DFHack r3, no friendship.o in there...

I can understand the "not being maintained" thing though, what with all the new plugins and advfort and everything :)

Still. Any suggestions on how to make it work, or must I use castes for my labour?
Ah yes, i think i did not include it in build process or something... I'll try to fix that when i get home.
Or try this: here
save it to hack/lua/plugins/dfusion/friendship.o
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:12:34 am by Warmist »

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: September 12, 2013, 08:33:10 am »

Well, there aren't any errors, but I can't seem to assign labours? Which is kinda the point, but hey. No errors. :) (Also is there a way to remove races I don't want anymore? And when do I call the lua scripts? I've been calling them every chance I get.)

EDIT: It works! I was being an idiot and not calling the right races  ::) Thanks again!

EDIT2: Well, it actually looks as though any race can be assigned labours to... Again, anyway to turn this off? Any idea if they will demand burial?

EDIT3: Welp, actually it looks like they'll only do fishing... Hm. Will need to play around more :(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:44:04 am by RickRollYou2 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4565 on: September 12, 2013, 10:32:18 am »

The fishing can even be done without dfhack. Any intelligent civ-member that is not the creature type of your founding civ can be assigned labors, but only fishing is done. This way I added fisher-gremlin pets to the kobold mode of my mod, but I cant explain why fishing works, and the rest not. Presumably hunting works in theory as well, but they cancel it because they wont take weapon, ammo and quivers.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: September 12, 2013, 02:04:29 pm »

Code: [Select]
df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].elevation[x][y] = n (where n is an int)lets you set the elevation of a tile in the embark screen.
Is there something similar for volcanism?
I want to try if increasing the volcanism level of a tile makes magma tubes rise higher towards the surface.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: September 12, 2013, 04:22:03 pm »

deleted message. sorry.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:28:06 pm by Zavvnao »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: September 12, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »

ignore again, glitchy keyboard typing in wring place, won't happen again.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: September 12, 2013, 10:01:00 pm »

Bear with me for a moment...

I've got a nice script set up that processes all the legends mode exports (Map Maker, optipng-ify, create archive for legends viewer, move to User Content folder), but for anyone who didn't know about it it's not particularly obvious that it exists. 

I'd like to set it up so that it can be run from dfhack, which enables keybinding and so on - the ideal would be if someone could expand 'exportmaps.lua' to export all legends, and I could add a processing stage; a version with a UI hint would be even better. 

And I'm stuck; I have no idea what I'm doing.  I've worked out how to call a batch file from lua, but I just get
           "<path>\mitmcaller.bat is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file"
... and it is a batch file, I've confirmed it's working and it's about as simple as they come.   
Code: (mitmcaller.bat) [Select]
echo off
call "%CD%\..\..\__Process Legends Exports.bat"

Is what I'm trying to do even possible?

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: September 12, 2013, 10:02:55 pm »

I don't think "batch file" refers to windows batch files.

Dragor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: September 14, 2013, 07:55:15 am »

Hi,

Is there something to differenciate all the forts we make ? Like an unique hash for each fort ? It would be to save and load data for each fort individually.

I've thinked of the hash from the concatenation of save folder, fort's name, world's name, world's seeds, but nothing unique there...

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: September 14, 2013, 09:12:42 pm »

Does anybody have some experience with the assortment of "selection areas" that exist in DF?  I'm fairly close to having a workable play-through-stonesense setup, but it really won't be practical to use until you can see yourself designating rooms and placing constructions in stonesense. 

where is up?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: September 15, 2013, 12:09:07 pm »

Does anybody have some experience with the assortment of "selection areas" that exist in DF?  I'm fairly close to having a workable play-through-stonesense setup, but it really won't be practical to use until you can see yourself designating rooms and placing constructions in stonesense. 

This reminds me of the Khazad incident. Has there been a good discussion recently of how far we should go with DFHack and DF modding in general?

The other sketchy modding that I've seen recently was people editing the text strings in the exe to be different, so that the text in things like the hardcoded menus would be different. To me, at least, this kind of thing is only ethical if you limit yourself to language localization. Not that anyone has done this, but distributing modded exe files where Tarn Adams' name has been removed from the About DF and main menu pages is clearly wrong.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: September 15, 2013, 01:21:26 pm »

Removing his name is wrong, but I don't see anything wrong with changing the embark message so it doesn't reference Dwarves.

Please don't compare this to you-know-what, we don't want Stonesense axed. It's nothing like that, it requires DF to run, it doesn't replace DF. If it ever gets to a point where it can start without having to load a save first, then we should add credit to the brothers Adams.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 373