Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1396041 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4575 on: September 15, 2013, 02:08:10 pm »

I've never seen any mod that actually removes Toady's name with the localization patch. If I did, I'd probably report them...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: September 15, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »

Is it still possible to actually start a multi-race fort, or are the old DFusion functions axed for the time being?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: September 15, 2013, 10:01:55 pm »

Does anybody have some experience with the assortment of "selection areas" that exist in DF?  I'm fairly close to having a workable play-through-stonesense setup, but it really won't be practical to use until you can see yourself designating rooms and placing constructions in stonesense. 

This reminds me of the Khazad incident. Has there been a good discussion recently of how far we should go with DFHack and DF modding in general?

The other sketchy modding that I've seen recently was people editing the text strings in the exe to be different, so that the text in things like the hardcoded menus would be different. To me, at least, this kind of thing is only ethical if you limit yourself to language localization. Not that anyone has done this, but distributing modded exe files where Tarn Adams' name has been removed from the About DF and main menu pages is clearly wrong.

I agree completely that anything trying to remove references to Bay12 or Toady, as well as anything attempting to steal their work and become it's own entity is certainly unethical (in addition to being illegal) and should never be undertaken. 

I would, however, like to make a point here and say that nothing stonesense does, or has any aspirations of doing, could be described in this way.  All I've done is redirected a visualizer's display back to DF using the available SDL code.  If anything, this makes stonesense less like a standalone program, and more like a "complicated graphics pack" than it was before.  I do always try to be polite and curb confrontations I see on the Bay12 forums, but this post is (whether intended or not) an assault on my good name and integrity, and I'm not going to pretend not to be upset about it.  The characterization of what I've put together as "sketchy" is both ignorant and extremely offensive. 

That said, I'd rather not dwell on the matter anymore, and in stead ask again: can anyone give some information about how selection areas work, and what in DFhack would I need to look at to get stonesense able to display them?
where is up?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4578 on: September 15, 2013, 10:54:41 pm »

The other sketchy modding that I've seen recently was people editing the text strings in the exe to be different, so that the text in things like the hardcoded menus would be different. To me, at least, this kind of thing is only ethical if you limit yourself to language localization. Not that anyone has done this, but distributing modded exe files where Tarn Adams' name has been removed from the About DF and main menu pages is clearly wrong.
I have changed to main menu to show the version file of the mod (Instead of "Play Dwarf Fortress" it says "Play Masterwork Dwarf Fortress V.#) and the worldgen to (Standard) and (Recommended), to let people know which one they should use with the mod. Dont know how thats sketchy. ;)

I think total conversions can use this for a lot of things, changing the hardcoded vanilla building names to more futuristic/fitting names.

Caldfir: Hope you get it working. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: September 15, 2013, 10:58:45 pm »

Is it still possible to actually start a multi-race fort, or are the old DFusion functions axed for the time being?

friendship.o isn't included in r3 for some reason, but I have a windows-compiled version in Fortbent but also here. You'll want to put it in ..\hack\lua\plugins\dfusion

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: September 16, 2013, 12:28:53 am »

Thanks, but how do I run it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: September 16, 2013, 12:47:45 am »

In init.lua in the raw folder (NOT raw/objects, just raw):

Code: [Select]
plug=require"plugins.dfusion.friendship"
plug.Friendship:install{"SOMETHING","SOMETHING","OTHER_THING","ANOTHER_THING"}

And so on. Apparently, the first argument doesn't work, but repeating it should be fine.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: September 16, 2013, 01:16:10 am »

Will the same thing work for Embark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: September 16, 2013, 01:16:42 am »

I haven't heard anything about embark's current syntax.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: September 16, 2013, 01:22:03 am »

I haven't heard anything about embark's current syntax.
It's very similar:
plug=require"plugins.dfusion.embark"
plug.Embark:install{{"DWARF",0},{"HUMAN",-1},{"ELF",-1},{"HUMAN",0},{"ANT_MAN",0},{"ANT_MAN",0},{"ANT_MAN",0}} -- second number is caste and "-1" means random.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: September 16, 2013, 01:32:33 am »

So, in the save file's /raw folder, I should create a lua script that contains only

plug=require"plugins.dfusion.embark"
plug.Embark:install{{"DWARF",0},{"HUMAN",-1},{"ELF",-1},{"HUMAN",0},{"HUMAN",0}} -- second number is caste and "-1" means random.
plug=require"plugins.dfusion.friendship"
plug.Friendship:install{"DWARF","HUMAN","ELF","KOBOLD"}

?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: September 16, 2013, 01:34:37 am »

You probably want -1 for all of the creatures. You'll also need 7 creatures. As it is now, you're embarking with 5 creatures: a female dwarf, a male or female human, a male or female elf and two female hhumans.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: September 16, 2013, 01:37:42 am »

But with the right number of creatures, a lua script containing only those (corrected) lines will work?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: September 16, 2013, 01:40:30 am »

Yeah.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: September 16, 2013, 01:51:52 am »

Opening up the site select screen for a new Fortress mode game coughs up a very long error list in the DFhack console, starting with

...\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\plugins\dfusion.lua:145: in function 'load'
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 373