Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399222 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4650 on: September 23, 2013, 08:33:47 pm »

okay figured out what all those forgotten beast went insane.
Toady one coded in a script on top of clothes that makes it so that any civ with no clothes will take a hit in happiness each tick and FB doesn't have any clothes to wear thus they start going insane.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

HyphyHonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: September 24, 2013, 05:09:57 am »

Hey, was wondering if anyone knew how to spawn a creature you can interact with via DFhack. There's a lot of strange behavior with the "pet" version that ends up creating un-trainable, un-claimed "tame" creatures.

Asked the same question not 2 days ago, try the spawnunit script. Details ~3 pages ago.

So I tried saving the script in a text editor, changing file type to lua, placing it in scripts.

I can spawn creatures, but apparently I end up with "tame" yet not tame animals. I was hoping for something the creates a proper wild hostile kinda' unit spawner. One that can actually be trained.

EDIT: Seemed reloading fixed some things.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:11:35 am by HyphyHonkey »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4652 on: September 24, 2013, 09:43:46 am »

That said, I'm using the Dwarf Therapist-style plugin (not sure what you'd call it) that's part of DFHack.  It has pretty much all the features I was interested in anyway with Dwarf Therapist.  Awesome!
That would be Dwarf Manipulator, the Labor Manager (written by yours truly). If you think there are any other features missing that wouldn't be too hard to implement, by all means post them here.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 24, 2013, 11:04:59 am »

If you think there are any other features missing that wouldn't be too hard to implement, by all means post them here.

Now that you say it, there are a few things I would be grateful to see.

Regarding the happiness indicator; If you could choose to only see a colored symbol (I guess the standard smiley or maybe a solid square) instead of the exact number, that would be great.
Similarly, I would prefer to not see the exact amount of experience of the selected dwarf. So instead of "Talented Woodcutter (260/1100)", just "Talented Woodcutter".
I guess it could be implemented as option to toggle between a detailed and not so detailed view.

Another thing:
My graphic set uses custom tiles for the military professions, but lets the game determine the color. In Dwarf Manipulator, these are shown as white. It would be nice if it could check if the graphics are set to AS_IS or ADD_COLOR and in that case add the color itself.
For the civilian professions, I use the default smiley symbol. But for consistency I think it would be nice if they would be shown, properly colored anyway.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:15 pm »

Is it possible to alter the climate temperature of my map?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4655 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:55 am »

And another question: Is it possible to add or extend EVIL/GOOD biomes to caverns?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: September 25, 2013, 12:35:20 pm »

They take the alignment of the region above them, I think.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4657 on: September 25, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »

They dont. All underground grasses, plants, trees and creatures ignore GOOD/EVIL token.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: September 25, 2013, 01:15:00 pm »

Except, Goblins get trolls no matter where they settle, while dwarves don't ever get trolls, because they use underground animals but ALSO evil ones.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: September 25, 2013, 02:36:59 pm »

Yes, but trolls appear in every biome, ignoring good/evil. This is what Meph is talking about.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: September 25, 2013, 02:51:31 pm »

Yes, but the game doesn't ignore the tag, as it can still be used for distributing pets.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: September 25, 2013, 03:03:14 pm »

That's not relevant to Meph's question.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4662 on: September 25, 2013, 03:26:41 pm »

I am mostly asking, because plants (grasses and the like, that give the cavern their look) ignore the biomes tokens. GOOD underground grasses grow in every cavern, be it good, neutral, or evil. Same for neutral ones, same for evil ones.

It would be nice if I could make the caverns change their look, just like the surface changes, and allows special trees, like the feather (good) and glumprong (Evil).

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: September 25, 2013, 04:57:39 pm »

Unfortunately, each layer of the Caverns is uniform throughout. I suppose you could do alignment themed layers, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4664 on: September 25, 2013, 05:27:12 pm »

I do have:
Cavern 1 => Green moss with purple/cyan giant mushrooms.
Cavern 2 => Crystals and Glass, bright cyan and bright blue glass thorn and crystal trees.
Cavern 3 => Grey floor tiles (grass), and totem-like nethertrees and blueish nether-creeper/vines.

They are already distincly different, I was just asking if I can do this somehow:
Good mossy cavern 1, with healing mushrooms and moss that gives bonus strength to grazers.
Evil mossy cavern 1, with poisonous mushooms and moss that makes grazers go berserk.

Similar ideas for cavern 2 and 3. Would make embarks more fun. :)
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 373