Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399417 times)

Grafsburg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mad Catta
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5025 on: December 26, 2013, 10:49:32 pm »

Is there any way to use DFHack to edit Adventurer attributes and skills?
"The great thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain." ~Bob Marley

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: December 26, 2013, 10:50:40 pm »

Yes. gui/gm-editor df.global.world.units.active[0] will get you into editing your adventurer. Look around for some stuff. Skills and mental attributes are in status.current_soul, physical attributes are in body.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: December 27, 2013, 06:52:38 am »

Is there a way to add body parts to creatures using dfhack? I am thinking a sort of warping effect where your dwarf grows horns or a tail or something?

Similarly, is it possible to change a creatures tissue materials with dfhack? Like turning all of their skin into stone?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5028 on: December 27, 2013, 10:56:13 am »

Is there a way to add body parts to creatures using dfhack? I am thinking a sort of warping effect where your dwarf grows horns or a tail or something?

Similarly, is it possible to change a creatures tissue materials with dfhack? Like turning all of their skin into stone?
I dont think the bodyparts are possible, but the tissue material should be possible.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: December 27, 2013, 11:44:00 am »

I dont think the bodyparts are possible, but the tissue material should be possible.

Having it affect one creature and not the entire race/caste will be interesting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5030 on: December 27, 2013, 11:52:49 am »

SyndromeTrigger and tissue change would mean people can make stoneskin spells that actually change the tissue. Or melt enemies. Or become etheral, with all attacks passing through for a short time. Lots of fancy magic. And upgrade without the need for transformations.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: December 27, 2013, 07:39:44 pm »

There is no error message in dfhack. But I havent tested them all.. maybe some have LOCATION, which will probably result in a "location is not a recognized command". Dont worry. I just noticed this command in odd places in Teellox patched version, and was wondering if its intentional or not.

It won't do any measurable harm to leave it in, and it won't cause any problems if you remove it. As for things like \LOCATION, it's intended for dfhack commands that take a location as an argument, so it you just do \COMMAND \LOCATION it would be equivalent to typing 40 24 195 or whatever directly into the console whenever the syndrome happens, which prints the error message.

Edit: Actually the first arg after \COMMAND might be treated specially, so it might take it as literal typing \LOCATION literally as a command, which would be a different error.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:41:21 pm by expwnent »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5032 on: December 27, 2013, 07:55:49 pm »

Edit: Actually the first arg after \COMMAND might be treated specially, so it might take it as literal typing \LOCATION literally as a command, which would be a different error.
Yes, I remember those. ^^

Thanks for the answer, good to hear from the author.

Btw, another forum member has written a script that allows percentages on your Auto-Syndrome, something I asked you about sometimes. If the product of a reaction is 10%, it only has a 10% chance to trigger autosyndrome. Or if you have 5x10%, it has 50% chance to run one of them. Its quite nifty. :)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: December 27, 2013, 09:19:00 pm »

SyndromeTrigger and tissue change would mean people can make stoneskin spells that actually change the tissue. Or melt enemies. Or become etheral, with all attacks passing through for a short time. Lots of fancy magic. And upgrade without the need for transformations.

Thats what I was thinking about.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: December 28, 2013, 02:10:24 am »

I'll see if I can experiment with materials involved in tissues.

I'm not entirely sure if there's stuff to be changed, but if there is, it should be fun to check out and see if it crashes horribly or something.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5035 on: December 28, 2013, 02:36:44 am »

Mentioning crashes: Putnam, did you ever try more with these merchant flags and creature removal? We talked about this, removing civ-members from the fort, either by deleting them, or making them go to the map-edge.

When I deleted them, the game crashed a few days later. Tested 5 times.
When I made them "friendly", they just hang around the meeting zone.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: December 28, 2013, 05:19:06 am »

I'll see if I can experiment with materials involved in tissues.

I'm not entirely sure if there's stuff to be changed, but if there is, it should be fun to check out and see if it crashes horribly or something.
Afaik only place where materials exist is creature raws (well caste raws to be exact) so i think there isn't a way to change materials only for one unit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5037 on: December 28, 2013, 02:30:20 pm »

I had an idea for time-limited items. I wanted to use a material that rots/withers away to make armor and weapons. The problem is that it doesnt work. Seems the mechanic is influenced by item type, not material type. Meat, Skin, Fish, Plants... they rot. Weapons, Tools, Armors, Boulders... they dont rot.

Can this somehow be affected by dfhack? Make a material that fades away, something like:
 - Material is created, counter starts ticking.
 - Material is 2 weeks old, gets "rotten/withered" tag. (this step is optional)
 - Material is 4 weeks old, gets deleted.

That would be awesome, because its something new. :)

EDIT: And unrelated: When a millstone is powered, it flashes, it flickers between tiles and inverted tiles. Could this be added to normal workshop, so that they always flash? (Actually, I just checked: The workshop flash when you hover 'q' over them, but millstone and other machinery uses other tiles, similar to ALT_TILE/FLASH_TILE in creatures.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:56:25 pm by Meph »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: December 28, 2013, 02:49:37 pm »

I had an idea for time-limited items. I wanted to use a material that rots/withers away to make armor and weapons. The problem is that it doesnt work. Seems the mechanic is influenced by item type, not material type. Meat, Skin, Fish, Plants... they rot. Weapons, Tools, Armors, Boulders... they dont rot.

Can this somehow be affected by dfhack? Make a material that fades away, something like:
 - Material is created, counter starts ticking.
 - Material is 2 weeks old, gets "rotten/withered" tag. (this step is optional)
 - Material is 4 weeks old, gets deleted.

That would be awesome, because its something new. :)
actually every item has wear counter, which can (and is used e.g. in steam engines) to wear/rot item down where needed. To do this automatically either have a timer (and AUCH iterate all items yet again? though can be quite rare) or do something else (e.g. in reaction that do not use up the item?)
To use it just call item:setWear(item:getWear+wearAmount) df should take care of destroying it when not needed any more. There is also a rot timer but it is only usable for rottable items

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5039 on: December 28, 2013, 03:03:33 pm »

To do this automatically either have a timer (and AUCH iterate all items yet again? though can be quite rare)
I think this would be best. Something like: every fullmoon all items of that material get destroyed.

The other way around cant be done, with each individual item having a shell-life?

EDIT: And yet another question (comes from not doing anything for a while, and then trying to do everything at once): I have two scripts, one a .lua and one a .rb. They need to be run at the embark selector (the map before you embark), and they determine the number of dwarves and the number of embark points.

Could I add this to a init.lua in the raw-folder and automate this? Whenever people open the embark selector, the two scripts are run, taking the values that are in the file? I would change the values in it from the GUI I include in the mod. People that never change them, never realize that the scripts are even there...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 05:03:57 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 373