Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399084 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5040 on: December 28, 2013, 06:55:05 pm »

I'll see if I can experiment with materials involved in tissues.

I'm not entirely sure if there's stuff to be changed, but if there is, it should be fun to check out and see if it crashes horribly or something.

That would be awesome if it was possibly. Even if you had to pre-specify the material in the creature and then you chould change the tissue layers via dfhack.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: December 29, 2013, 08:44:38 pm »

is there a command available to summon a megabeast attack?
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: December 29, 2013, 10:32:49 pm »

Thanks. Another question,

If I use reveal all so I can see the adamantine, but I don't unpause before unrevealing, will it still hurt my FPS by unleashing the clowns?

Is there any way to see the adamantine without hurting the FPS?
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5044 on: December 29, 2013, 11:07:02 pm »

If you dont unpause, no clowns are spawned, and it wont hurt FPS.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5045 on: December 30, 2013, 01:47:31 pm »

To use it just call item:setWear(item:getWear+wearAmount) df should take care of destroying it when not needed any more.
There's a shortcut for that - item:incWearTimer(amount).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: December 30, 2013, 11:38:22 pm »

Is it possible to change what is being grown (trees and plants) through DFHack?

For instance, I run a script and it changes the plants currently being grown to different plants (strawberry -> corrupted strawberry).

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: December 31, 2013, 05:16:52 am »

Yes it's possible: if it's grown in farmplots, it's an item in the farmplot (the building). If it's a tree it's in special per block array of plants IIRC.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5048 on: December 31, 2013, 08:25:11 pm »

Could caste levels be added to slayrace.rb? For example instead of "slayrace GOBLIN" it could be "slayrace GOBLIN MALE". This would allow more freedom, and I might have a use for it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: December 31, 2013, 10:28:39 pm »

So Meph gave me this advice:
When you say (no plugins needed), does that mean no dfhack? Because spatter-add, autosyndrome and itemsyndrome sounds very fitting for what you plan.

Otherwise its really only drinks with syndromes, and they are hard to micromanage.
And being way out of my depth, I decided to ask here (here, funnily enough, includes you, Meph). So: what do these do, how can I make them work in df and (desperately tries to come up with third question, cos patterns) why do I keep throwing myself in too deep?
Thanks in advance, o patient souls (I'll probably turn up every so often to pester you with questions).

EDIT: Ok, after a bit of poking around in everything from the masterwork files to the forum threads I found a few of my answers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Autosyndrome appears to be a way to operate dfhack via syndromes. Not sure about how it works or how useful it might be, but the other two are.

NEW QUESTION! Can I use itemsyndrome to find a way to add timed syndromes (think stimpacks or buff spells in rpgs) on command?[/quote][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:11:48 pm by Octobomb »
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: January 01, 2014, 03:05:08 pm »

Well, I finally built a (mostly) working version of r4 on OS X: Download
It's missing the zone plugin, which I was unable to compile, but other than that it appears to work. Hopefully Danaris or someone else will have an update with a working zone plugin soon.

Keep in mind that this is not an official build. I only put it up here because several people had asked about it, and I figured this was better than nothing. That said, it should work without any major problems.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

darling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: January 02, 2014, 05:29:43 pm »

I am finished with the extension for dwarf manipulator.
Green and red fields signal if the dwarf is suitable for the job. You can somehow level the view with 'a','s' and 'd'. You'll get it.
If you want to lock the dwarfs that are not good at "Feed/Help Wounded", the normal view is recommended.
Glourious screenshot following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's with phoebus, as you can see. Beware, looking at it in raw mode.
No, I was kidding. It looks also awesome, then.
Here is the Download
I maybe'll do a version for masterwork. First I'll have to play it.

Oh, also don't forget to "enable manipulator" in dfhack-init. It's a r4-release...
This is not an official release.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:04:02 pm by darling »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: January 02, 2014, 09:44:34 pm »

What makes artifacts unimprovable, and can DFHack change that? I want to coat my shiny new dagger in GCS and helmet snake venom at the very least.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: January 03, 2014, 03:52:32 am »

What makes artifacts unimprovable, and can DFHack change that? I want to coat my shiny new dagger in GCS and helmet snake venom at the very least.

Reactions need [CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] for artifacts to be usable reagents. (To prevent antifact from being consummed). Add this to the improving reactions and it should work.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Reactions#Reagents
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: January 03, 2014, 04:00:10 am »

The main problem is that there are no improvement reactions in vanilla.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 373