Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1399480 times)

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5430 on: April 13, 2014, 01:28:29 am »

I cannot get it, how to make a steel bow? I've tried a tonn of different combinations with ITEM_WEAPON_BOW and everything..

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: April 13, 2014, 01:31:23 am »

I cannot get it, how to make a steel bow? I've tried a tonn of different combinations with ITEM_WEAPON_BOW and everything..

createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW STEEL

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: April 13, 2014, 01:34:11 am »

Right, didn't put WEAPON: on the beginning, thanks.
But still does "No unit selected", you can't just spawn them on ground?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: April 13, 2014, 01:35:51 am »

Right, didn't put WEAPON: on the beginning, thanks.
But still does "No unit selected", you can't just spawn them on ground?

Nope, you have to view a unit when doing it.

If you are in adventure mode, you can just enter the z-status screen and it will work there too.

Wabbaction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: April 13, 2014, 01:38:16 am »

What if in DF mode I will spawn it on civilian, will he just haul it to weapons stockpile?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: April 13, 2014, 01:40:59 am »

What if in DF mode I will spawn it on civilian, will he just haul it to weapons stockpile?

Yea, probably. But it will be considered a fort-made item, and can be usable by your dwarves.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: April 14, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »

I've come back to DF after a while away, and am setting up a new fort. I can't seem to get yarn spinning working with workflow*, and in general, could use a refresher on everything that can be done with workflow. I remember that about a year ago there were loads of threads where people listed their workflow constraints, but my forum/google search-fu is failing me.

Could someone point me towards such a thread? Or at least the right subforum?

*Falconne's status screen shows the cap as red, dfhack says "Constraint THREAD/YARN count 10 (gap 5)", and on the next line in red "(no jobs)" even though I do have a spin thread job on repeat at a farmer's workshop.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: April 21, 2014, 12:15:20 am »

Is there file reading capabilities within the DFHack lua? I am thinking of making configurable targeting text files, and would like to be able to read them in to a lua script.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: April 21, 2014, 01:09:41 am »

Is there file reading capabilities within the DFHack lua? I am thinking of making configurable targeting text files, and would like to be able to read them in to a lua script.

IIRC it isn't documented within the DFHack lua api, but the lua standard io library works.

FAKEEDIT: Look at the script in this post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126558.msg4307550#msg4307550
It only uses open, write, and close, but I am sure you could figure out how to read files using the appropriate part of the io library (if implemented).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: April 21, 2014, 01:15:46 am »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: April 21, 2014, 02:28:55 am »

I remember a while ago Peterix (iirc) said that due to the confusion with unofficial builds r4 would be skipped, but the transition to a github organisation was going to make it easier to hit future targets - and r5 would be out soonish. 

What's the current plan, and should I be waiting for  release?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: April 21, 2014, 03:51:07 pm »

It's already been transferred to an organization (https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack) and development is fairly active (on the 'develop' branch): https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/commits/develop. I'm not aware of any release plans at the moment, and Peterix doesn't appear to have done much recently, so I think you can safely update your pack without waiting for r5.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:09 am »

It's already been transferred to an organization (https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack) and development is fairly active (on the 'develop' branch): https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/commits/develop. I'm not aware of any release plans at the moment, and Peterix doesn't appear to have done much recently, so I think you can safely update your pack without waiting for r5.
Actually we are hoping to release r5 ASAP. We want to have at least one release before the next df version and i think r5 has a lot of changes compared to r4.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: April 22, 2014, 03:46:12 am »

We are hoping to release r5 ASAP. We want to have at least one release before the next df version and i think r5 has a lot of changes compared to r4.
Wow, just looked at the news page - that's awesome!  I've been hoping for something like the command prompt for a while :)

And here's my recent work on clearing out some old stuff in needs_porting; it needs a more experienced pair of eyes if someone has time. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:14:01 am by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: April 22, 2014, 03:01:06 pm »

I've been playing around with trying to change features of the maps using lua scripts and was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to change the material a specific tile is made of? I know I can change entire layers, and material veins, but with my experimentation I was unable to change only one specific tile.

Note that I can change the tiles geo-layer and biome index which will change it, but not to an arbitrary inorganic. I can also change its tile type, so I can change a tile into a glowing barrier, ice, lava, or a couple other choices, but again it doesn't do what I would like.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 373