Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388492 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5460 on: April 25, 2014, 03:44:31 pm »

ah, so it just doesn't work with the current version. Sorry about that :-[
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: April 25, 2014, 10:32:50 pm »

Any chance the next dfhack version could have access to the https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.creature-raws.xml#L1089 creature_raw.tissue vector?

See also post from earlier in this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg5124382;topicseen#msg5124382

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: April 26, 2014, 04:44:19 am »

ah, so it just doesn't work with the current version. Sorry about that :-[
it's more so that piece of coding doesn't work on it's own with out the functions that it calls for.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:36 pm »

I'm looking to find a way to remove the occupied status from a tile after the door fix has failed. Could anyone guide me in the right direction?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5464 on: April 26, 2014, 10:04:11 pm »

I'm looking to find a way to remove the occupied status from a tile after the door fix has failed. Could anyone guide me in the right direction?
If you build a door at the location and it doesn't close, just type "fix/stuckdoors" and then deconstruct/rebuild the door to confirm that it's fixed. If it doesn't fix it, then you'll need to upload a copy of your saved game somewhere (e.g. DFFD) so somebody can figure out what's wrong with it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: April 28, 2014, 09:33:27 pm »

Is dfhack r5 planned to be released before the next DF update? It seems that the update does seem imminent, a matter of weeks now that Toady has entered the bugfixing phase. If that is the case, are there plans to skip r5 too and go straight to a post-update r6?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:24 pm »

Is dfhack r5 planned to be released before the next DF update? It seems that the update does seem imminent, a matter of weeks now that Toady has entered the bugfixing phase. If that is the case, are there plans to skip r5 too and go straight to a post-update r6?

I keep hearing "soon" - for months now - but nothing's happened yet. 

An official release within the next few weeks would be great!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: April 29, 2014, 03:34:44 pm »

Any chance the next dfhack version could have access to the https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.creature-raws.xml#L1089 creature_raw.tissue vector?

See also post from earlier in this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg5124382;topicseen#msg5124382

I don't know, but consider asking (very patiently) in the (very sparsely active) irc chatroom. With rare exceptions, if it's not on ag or Q's df-structures fork, it's not included yet. It's possible it got missed.

We definitely want one before the next DF release.

Any DFHack release after the next DF release would loop back to r1. DFHack is very, very much tied to a specific DF version.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:52:27 pm by expwnent »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: April 30, 2014, 07:49:24 pm »

Taken from this thread and moved here, to a more appropriate spot.

Actually, what I was hoping to be able to do is tie into the interaction itself, for example;
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:TEST1]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:SOME_INORGANIC:SPATTER_LIQUID]
[I_TARGET:B:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[I_TARGET:C:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_TARGET:C]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
If I was able to access each of the three targets at the moment the interaction is cast, then I would have the caster, the target, and an inorganic. I could then read off the inorganic a script to run. This is all just theoretical now as I haven't actually looked at the innards, but it seems reasonable that I might be able to do something of this sort.

So looking through the df-structures, I don't see anything about material emission interactions. In fact, I really don't see anything about interactions at all except for in df.syndrome.xml and it just seems like that is about syndromes not interactions (despite them being listed as creature_interaction_effect). Any idea if this information exists somewhere and maybe just hasn't been categorized yet?

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: May 01, 2014, 03:14:35 pm »

We definitely want one before the next DF release.

Any DFHack release after the next DF release would loop back to r1. DFHack is very, very much tied to a specific DF version.

Maybe I'm mistaken but you seem to act as if you had little control over it. Who exactly releases dfhack versions? It's a bit blurry now that it's all centralized in a global github account.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: May 01, 2014, 07:05:13 pm »

• DFHack and related projects are now under a github organization, with me, angavrilov and Quietust: https://github.com/DFHack - this should allow more people than just me to make releases.
They're the ones that can tag releases on Github (unless there are others with push access that I'm not aware of) - the decision to actually make a release is usually made by a number of developers.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
  • Idiots Roam Free! Beware all ye who enter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: May 01, 2014, 09:01:49 pm »

I was wondering if anyone has checked the "fix/cloth-stockpile" script to see if it's working right? I tried it last night but couldn't really tell that running the script made any difference. The dwarfs were still buggering the clothing stockpiles and several others. When the script is ran it does say that it fixed it and patched 752324 bad references in 22574 materials. According to DFHack it seems to fix the problem but I do not notice any fix in game. Am I doing something wrong?
I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature Simulator.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: May 03, 2014, 03:21:02 pm »

In general, "official" releases come from peterix, quietust, or angavrilov. Peterix started the project, but is mostly inactive these days and I got the impression he wants to be less involved for the forseeable future. It's open source so anyone could compile it and do a release of it. I got approval to make a semi-official r4 release, but since peterix didn't update the first post of the thread it led to some confusion.

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/graphs/contributors

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: May 04, 2014, 03:15:45 am »

So I've been working on cleaning out the needs_porting folder - it turns out that a lot of the two-year-old plugins have already been replaced.  Having eliminated many of them, there's now seven which I'm not sure about.  Could someone with more knowledge of C++ or dfhack help out? 

Quote from:  Plugins I need checked before I delete
attachtest.py
- checks if dfhack is working with DF (i think)
- definitely replaced on windows, pretty sure also on other platforms

dfbauxtite.cpp
- as far as I can tell, this plugin changes the material of all mechanisms (printed string 'mechanisms', class 'item_trapparts') to Bauxtite; presumably from when this was the only magma-safe stone. 
- I don't know of a newer alternative, but it's not really neccessary anymore

digpattern.cpp
- I think all this one does is allow multi-z designations - no longer required.

drawtile.cpp
- draws changes to tiles
- I think this is replaced by tiletypes, but not sure

fix-3708.cpp
- fixes an issue with ghosts you can't engrave a slab for; some bad side-effects
- replaced by "tweak clear-missing" or "tweak clear-ghostly"? (I'm pretty sure it is, but not certain)

treedump.py
- looks like it outputs a list of trees in a given volume
- overlaps with 'prospect' and 'autochop'; probably does not need porting

veinlook.cpp
- I'm not sure what this does that "digv" and "reveal" don't but there must be something since it was around at the same time
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5474 on: May 04, 2014, 05:13:59 am »

In general, "official" releases come from peterix, quietust, or angavrilov. Peterix started the project, but is mostly inactive these days and I got the impression he wants to be less involved for the forseeable future. It's open source so anyone could compile it and do a release of it. I got approval to make a semi-official r4 release, but since peterix didn't update the first post of the thread it led to some confusion.

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/graphs/contributors
When other people continue mods or projects, for example Splinterz with DwarfEngineers Therapist, they usually make a new thread. So... its maybe a bit lat for dfhack r4, but maybe r5 should get its own thread in future.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 373