Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1386429 times)

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r5 (current)
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2011, 10:31:15 am »

Edit: Wow. I solved this one myself. LNP was screwing with it working. Moved stuff around. All better.

Newb question here: How do I actually run a utility? I found one thread that asked this question and all it said was to run the 'binaries'. If it is a command line, please give me an example. Is there a particular file that I need to run? I did not see anything that stood out as an .exe. I read the the readme several times, and I just don't see anything about actually running it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:52:16 am by megahelmet »
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2011, 11:09:13 am »

Thanks for this useful tool!  I have a weird question, and I think I may be missing something very obvious...  I'm using DFHack through the Lazy Newb Pack, and when I run the different tools (dfcleanmap, dfautodump, dfcleanowned), it seems to run normally, but I read the instructions and there are some options for some commands, like for dfcleanowned which items are dumped.  However, when I run the tools, eother from the LZP gui or from the DFHack folder, it opens a command box, runs automatically, then says press any key to continue, and if I try to type -a or -l for options of dfcleanowned for example, it just closes the window when I hit enter.  I have a feeling I'm not typing the options in the right place, and can't find any explanation in the forums.  Can anyone explain exactly how to use these option commands, as if talking to someone who has no idea what they're doing?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2011, 11:11:32 am »

If you want to run the tools with parameters, then you'll need to open a command prompt, change to the directory containing the tools, then run them from there.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2011, 11:14:05 am »

Edit: Wow. I solved this one myself. LNP was screwing with it working. Moved stuff around. All better.

Newb question here: How do I actually run a utility? I found one thread that asked this question and all it said was to run the 'binaries'. If it is a command line, please give me an example. Is there a particular file that I need to run? I did not see anything that stood out as an .exe. I read the the readme several times, and I just don't see anything about actually running it. Thanks.

if you've installed it right, you should get a command prompt opening with DF.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2011, 11:41:06 am »

Ah, ok.  Using the windows cmd.exe prompt (after switching partitions), changing to the directory, then entering the tool filename lets me run the tools, but I think I have the syntax for the options off.  Once I was in the right directory, entering "dfcleanowned.exe" will run that tool fine, but if I want to confiscate all owned items, say, I typed "dfcleanowned.exe-a" and it's not recognised.  How should I enter it?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:44:50 am by Xen0n »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2011, 12:50:57 pm »

Ah, ok.  Using the windows cmd.exe prompt (after switching partitions), changing to the directory, then entering the tool filename lets me run the tools, but I think I have the syntax for the options off.  Once I was in the right directory, entering "dfcleanowned.exe" will run that tool fine, but if I want to confiscate all owned items, say, I typed "dfcleanowned.exe-a" and it's not recognised.  How should I enter it?
With a space between the command and the options.

Also, you're using the old dfhack. You can look at the old thread for info about it. Don't confuse it with the current dfhack, which works differently.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:53:24 pm by peterix »

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2011, 12:59:58 pm »

Ah, thanks!  Finally can clean up after my messy dwarves!  Oh didn't realise LNP had the old version, I'll have to check out the new one.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2011, 08:11:49 pm »

Stonesense plugin won't load, the log says
Code: [Select]
liballegro.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have allegro 5.5 (albeit the 64-bit version). What's up?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2011, 08:14:59 pm »

Stonesense plugin won't load, the log says
Code: [Select]
liballegro.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have allegro 5.5 (albeit the 64-bit version). What's up?
Dwarf Fortress is 32-bit - therefore, so is Stonesense, so having the 64-bit Allegro library won't do you any good.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2011, 10:07:12 pm »

Ah, thanks. Works like a charm now. Dunno why that never crossed my mind.

Great work, peterix, by the way. The new layout is infinitely more organized, not to mention convenient. All my favourite DF utilities in one package!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:10:25 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2011, 03:33:36 am »

Cool to see it work for the linux people :D

Anyway, next release will have some fixes for autodig and dfusion, along with a circle designation tool.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2011, 04:16:31 am »

Dang I just remember how awesome having indoor lighting was.
I mean back in Tweak there was a way to set up tiles to have lighting so when an adventurer walk on it you can flood the area with light and expand your field of vision.
and to do this it was under the Designation tab of Tweak.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2011, 08:07:05 am »

Hmm, quick question, Peterix. Any chance when your designing that container emptying tool(if you choose to implement it), any chance of adding a tool to circumvent the endless siege bug? I haven't figured out a way to cure that one yet, via legitimately available means, or even removing all dead goblins/trolls with an external tool. I miss my trade caravans.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2011, 08:58:51 am »

the only way I see any one getting into that is if they happen to use runesmith to kill someone.
the cure was to revive one goblin and hope he scatters off on his own.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2011, 09:03:42 am »

the only way I see any one getting into that is if they happen to use runesmith to kill someone.
the cure was to revive one goblin and hope he scatters off on his own.
I fixed this before, but I had a living, caged goblin to work with. I used runesmith to unset his 'caged' flag and set a few flags common to approaching invaders. Goblin got caught instantly by the same cage trap that caught him before and the siege ended.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 373