Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1396311 times)

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r5 (current)
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2011, 11:15:11 am »

Ah, I'll try that if I get any more fresh ones in, they were coming in before despite the constant siege, but seemed to have stopped. Any plans in the future for a tile fixer for the occupied flag error that sometimes occurs? I seem to get them from site reclaim issues, or vanishing/deleting creatures to clean up the length of my unit list.

Oh, and that siege ending method, does it have to be a goblin/troll turned into an invader with Runesmith, or would any wild animal work, if supplied with the proper flag setup?

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2011, 06:07:19 pm »

I have a question / request.  Is it possible in the current DFHack to use options to run a command that deletes all instances of "Forgotten Beast Extract" from the floor, puddles, coatings on dwarves, and splashed on items?  If not, is it feasible to include in a future update?  I ask because while dfcleanmap is great, I run it once or twice a (dwarven) month and yest "a pile of frozen forgotten beast extract" miraculously reappears in the same few bathtubs, on the exact same tiles, and most of my dwarves are crippled and blind.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »

I have a question / request.  Is it possible in the current DFHack to use options to run a command that deletes all instances of "Forgotten Beast Extract" from the floor, puddles, coatings on dwarves, and splashed on items?  If not, is it feasible to include in a future update?  I ask because while dfcleanmap is great, I run it once or twice a (dwarven) month and yest "a pile of frozen forgotten beast extract" miraculously reappears in the same few bathtubs, on the exact same tiles, and most of my dwarves are crippled and blind.
well you can still use DFcleanmap from the old version of Dfhack.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2011, 07:24:32 pm »

I dunno if the reoccurring stuff on the floor is tile based or results from tracking/cleaning self dwarf interactions, but I swear I've seen a tile re-blood with no other units in sight, so I'm unsure as to the source.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2011, 07:30:52 pm »

Items hold blood. Was it raining? That'll wash it off items and onto the ground. I usually make it rain and then clean all the blood.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2011, 08:10:06 pm »

In the old DFHack there was a 'dfprospector -a' command that could show even the unrevealed contents of the map. What's the equivalent command for the prospect utility?

EDIT: derp, 'prospect all', so sayeth the readme.
EDIT2: Ah, here's a problem actually. It seems that the list gets cut off, so about half the gem list and all the ores don't show. The list is too long, I think, since I can't scroll up past that point.
EDIT3: After some further testing this seems to be localized to Xterm, URxvt doesn't have that problem.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:30:58 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:49 pm »

Hmm, it could of been items, then. The only section I remember for certain being item free and reblooding was also next to the meeting area well, the prime dwarf-washing area, so it could of been from that. On a side note, anyone ever notice that named-dwarven liver blood never seems to come off, no matter how many time a doctor dwarf performs a "clean self" task?

i874236951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r4 (current)
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2011, 10:54:34 pm »

Does tiletypes actually work?

Hmm... I get that it's an experimental feature or some such, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.  No matter what command I enter I can never get it to acknowledge a material.  I can't seem to change it to paint with stone or air or whatever at all, it just accepts the command and then prints the standard three lines again without anything changing, and still won't paint anything.

The rest of it is all great though.  It's really nice having the tools I find myself using integrated together into a nice interface like this.

I think your question went unanswered, so I'm going to bump the thread since I had the same problem.  While I don't know if all the options work, setting material type with the command "p mat" or "paint material" and then a material listed in "help mat" works.  Same goes with shapes from the "help shape" list.  For example, "p mat soil" then "p sh ramp" will allow you to paint soil ramps.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2011, 06:11:23 pm »

Thanks peterix!!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r4 (current)
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2011, 11:25:44 am »

Does tiletypes actually work?

Hmm... I get that it's an experimental feature or some such, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.  No matter what command I enter I can never get it to acknowledge a material.  I can't seem to change it to paint with stone or air or whatever at all, it just accepts the command and then prints the standard three lines again without anything changing, and still won't paint anything.

The rest of it is all great though.  It's really nice having the tools I find myself using integrated together into a nice interface like this.

I think your question went unanswered, so I'm going to bump the thread since I had the same problem.  While I don't know if all the options work, setting material type with the command "p mat" or "paint material" and then a material listed in "help mat" works.  Same goes with shapes from the "help shape" list.  For example, "p mat soil" then "p sh ramp" will allow you to paint soil ramps.
The tiletypes tool is a bit weird and I'm not very happy with it. It has all those options, but you can't specify more options at the same time... it's a dumb port from the original tiletypes tool and could benefit from a rewrite or two. I fixed some bad bugs in it so it no longer creates invalid tiles, but it's a long way from done... Now it does nothing in the cases where it would produce DF crashes >_>

Anyway, new release is out! I added a circle designation tool and stonesense got some much needed performance tweaks :)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r6 (current)
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2011, 03:49:22 pm »

posting to keep track of the thread

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »

posting to keep track of the thread
Just so you know, there's a "Notify" button that lets you do that without having to post to the thread...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2011, 04:31:06 pm »

that button doesn't do what you think it does. or maybe it does, but it doesnt do what i want it to do

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2011, 06:19:06 pm »

Peter, great stuff you've come up! After installing libjpeg8 and trying to load stonesense, i get in the stderr.log:

libjpeg.so.8: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Any idea? I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 x64.

Thanks!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2011, 06:47:09 pm »

Peter, great stuff you've come up! After installing libjpeg8 and trying to load stonesense, i get in the stderr.log:

libjpeg.so.8: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Any idea? I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 x64.

Thanks!
Yes, you need the 32bit version of the library. You'll probably also need a few others: libfreetype.so.6 and libpng12.so.0
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 373