Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1386367 times)

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r1 (current)
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 08:09:29 am »

Thank you, peterix, it's beautiful!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 01:12:10 pm »

This is cool and all, it'll be really useful, but I don't Always  use it/keep it open (on the older versions) and chance you'll be releasing a stand alone version?  I already have one CMD prompt pop up through soundsense and really dislike having another that I won't be using very often.
Maybe :)

I kept things simple for the first release, but I'll add some toggle key to the console. Something like ~ by default and tweakable in a config file.

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 01:23:59 pm »

DFhack reuses the normal F1-F8/Shift F1-F8 hotkeys. Open up the menu with 'h', pick one hotkey, name it 'cleanmap' and there you go :)
Well then.  What determines which plugins or commands work via hotkey?  Basically, is there a way to create a command alias for an existing plugin/command that isn't used by the hotkey system or won't fit in the 9-character limit, e.g. 'lua myscript.lua'?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 01:44:56 pm »

Okay for all those race changers or cross breeders I found the solution to the "yo so ugly the game crash" problem.
When swapping you need to make sure either both race have all the raw descriptions so the game won't crash trying to find a cat part on a dog+cat mix race or here a hunch the race you going to swap to has to have the other race details already in like say you have a dwarf but want to flip over to a dragon well the dragon has to have all detail raws of a dwarf so when you look at the descriptions the game can pull up the dwarf details from the dragon raws.
I'm kicking my self for spending all these months and never thought to just do some raw manipulation.
hope this helps. I guess if I want a hybrid of Dragon and spider I have to make a race called Magic-Dragder that has both creature details then swap the dragon eggs to that.

also peterix how do you feel about having a GitCarry command for Gitfusion?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 05:54:26 pm »

Awesome!

i874236951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 06:01:38 pm »

Thanks for the update!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I dig that you can bind commands to hotkeys, but are you not able to add options to them?  For example, "vdig" works just fine from a hotkey, but it seems that "vdig -x" does not.  Sorry if that's covered in the readme, but I didn't see it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:29:55 pm by i874236951 »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

Just a little thing here, before even installing.  I saw that "SDLreal.dll" had a different timestamp than DF's "SDL.dll".  This worried me a bit, so I MD5sum'ed them both, and verified that they're identical.

I suspect the timestamp change is an artifact of git SCCS, or maybe from a cp without -p option.  Would it be possible to have that file (only) keep its original timestamp?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 12:30:13 am »

I suspect the timestamp change is an artifact of git SCCS, or maybe from a cp without -p option.  Would it be possible to have that file (only) keep its original timestamp?
I just copypasted the file around... doesn't seem all that important. It's the same file after all. I'll try.
I dig that you can bind commands to hotkeys, but are you not able to add options to them?  For example, "vdig" works just fine from a hotkey, but it seems that "vdig -x" does not.  Sorry if that's covered in the readme, but I didn't see it.
Well then.  What determines which plugins or commands work via hotkey?  Basically, is there a way to create a command alias for an existing plugin/command that isn't used by the hotkey system or won't fit in the 9-character limit, e.g. 'lua myscript.lua'?
Not yet, I'll have to restructure a few things for that... Aliases will be added for sure.
I think vdig is one of the few commands, if not the only one, that would actually fit the 9 character limit with its option...
Here's an example of how it should work in the future:
Code: [Select]
alias rth="revtoggle hell" (set the alias, this will be remembered between sessions)
rth (use the alias)
It should be then possible to fit a command of any length to the limit... and it will work. I also want to add tab completion for commands.

Hmm, I don't know. Can't be that hard to add :)

Oh, and one more thing. I spent some time debugging and poking around in my Ubuntu VMs and I fixed one bug that caused crashes. So, here's a new, updated package to try:
https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-0.31.25-r2-Linux.tar.gz
It's bigger and it has debug symbols in it too.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:32:34 am by peterix »

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 02:31:18 am »

I dunno if this has been has been inquired about in a while, but I ran into a "lazy dwarves suspended a build and I failed to notice it until it was too late" scenario, which resulted in one of my underground farm tiles accidentally being transformed into an aboveground tile. Is there any tile-editing supported as of yet through any of the plugins in the new integrated version of DFHack? I looked through all the options of the existing ones and failed to find any, plus browsed the forums and wiki for a couple hours and found nothing other than the old DFTweak program, and I would really like to turn this (now covered) tile back to it's subterranean state.  Any feedback would be appreciated, preferably those leading to a positive solution, and not so much those that result in throwing away a weeks worth of work on a fortress. Thankee kindly in advance, and keep up the good work, Peterix.

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 05:32:53 am »

Not yet, I'll have to restructure a few things for that... Aliases will be added for sure.
I think vdig is one of the few commands, if not the only one, that would actually fit the 9 character limit with its option...
Here's an example of how it should work in the future:
Code: [Select]
alias rth="revtoggle hell" (set the alias, this will be remembered between sessions)
rth (use the alias)
It should be then possible to fit a command of any length to the limit... and it will work. I also want to add tab completion for commands.

That sounds perfect.  The only other related suggestion I can think of would be to add command parameters to plugins like liquids and tiletypes so one can create aliases and hotkeys for often-used operations (dwarf-cleaning puddles, etc).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 05:54:02 am »

Hmm, I don't know. Can't be that hard to add :)

Well because the original command doesn't work well on a straight port given that Gitfusion freezes the game and the command needs Dfusion to run in realtime.
"body swapping and YOU!"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »

Well because the original command doesn't work well on a straight port given that Gitfusion freezes the game and the command needs Dfusion to run in realtime.
Hmm... yeah. Looking at the code, it seems it's a problem with LUA and being called from multiple threads. darius solved it with using a single mutex around all the DFusion code, but it needs finer control than that. This could be tricky.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 11:12:31 pm »

Well warmist told me to try out ontick but pretty much gives me an error every time I use it and bring the game to a slow crawl in both adventure mode and fort mode.
though I do like the idea of having dfusion commands that I can turn on and play throughout like a zombie mode or parasite that makes the host lay eggs of huge monsters that hatch fast.
"body swapping and YOU!"

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 03:58:28 am »

Hmm... yeah. Looking at the code, it seems it's a problem with LUA and being called from multiple threads. darius solved it with using a single mutex around all the DFusion code, but it needs finer control than that. This could be tricky.

Yeah i tried making a different thread but somehow i does not compile (says that tinythread::thread methods are missing during linking)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r4 (current)
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:51 am »

Yeah i tried making a different thread but somehow i does not compile (says that tinythread::thread methods are missing during linking)
Hmm. there was a bunch of other linking problems that surfaced after I added the static lua lib. I'll mess with it a bit...

Also, released another version for both linux and windows, adding an exploratory mining tool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 373