Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1386362 times)

Sentenza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r4 (current)
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 02:05:13 pm »

Also, released another version for both linux and windows, adding an exploratory mining tool.

Now if this isn't the shit, I have no idea what would be :P

Thank you so very much!

Jiopaba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 05:19:57 pm »

Does tiletypes actually work?

Hmm... I get that it's an experimental feature or some such, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.  No matter what command I enter I can never get it to acknowledge a material.  I can't seem to change it to paint with stone or air or whatever at all, it just accepts the command and then prints the standard three lines again without anything changing, and still won't paint anything.

The rest of it is all great though.  It's really nice having the tools I find myself using integrated together into a nice interface like this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 05:20:24 pm »

I skimmed the two pages so far. Is Stonesense working at all in Windows? It just crashes my DF, mods or no mods.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »

I skimmed the two pages so far. Is Stonesense working at all in Windows? It just crashes my DF, mods or no mods.
Well, this led me through the computing hell and back. You're using XP, right?

See, the library that stonesense needs uses something called 'thread local storage'. That is, in the process, there are multiple independent CPU states and TLS makes sure that they don't trample over each other's data. This is *COMPLETELY* broken on XP and Microsoft doesn't want to fix it. So XP users get crashes.

I'll try to fix this, but really... this is getting ridiculous :<

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 11:13:37 pm »

*likes the idea behind this reworking* [follows politely]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 02:31:15 am »

Just a couple quick questions...any chance on adding a command help option for the weather plugin? I ran through about 50 command line ideas trying to get it to make it rain, but ended up going back to the old legacy exe tool to tide me over.

On the other hand, any chance of designing a tool for emptying containers (primarily barrels and buckets, maybe bags/coffers/chests/vials)? Just curious on that one, since many people run into that problem, accidentally buying blood-filled barrels or getting buckets with mixes of lye and water.

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 02:46:44 am »

I had to pull stonesense from the Linux release due to X.org and Allegro bugs. I'm also looking for people who managed to make it run (if there's anyone).
Then you might be interested to know that Stonesense from r2 seems to run fine on my Linux box. Which is rather surprising to me, since my distro is such a mess that I sometimes wonder how anything manages to work in it. It's Gentoo, and like you may know, no two Gentoo installations are alike. Anyway, I'm willing to try and locate this something which makes my box so Stonesense-friendly. For starters, I'm using 2.6.37 kernel, X.Org-1.10.2, Allegro 5.0.3. Any ideas what else can be checked?

And BTW, excellent job with making the thing Linux-compatible!
/* a placeholder for a clever signature */

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 05:34:33 am »

Just a couple quick questions...any chance on adding a command help option for the weather plugin? I ran through about 50 command line ideas trying to get it to make it rain, but ended up going back to the old legacy exe tool to tide me over.

On the other hand, any chance of designing a tool for emptying containers (primarily barrels and buckets, maybe bags/coffers/chests/vials)? Just curious on that one, since many people run into that problem, accidentally buying blood-filled barrels or getting buckets with mixes of lye and water.
you could just save flip over to adventure mode(you might want to use Dfusion to change the adventurer to someone close to the task to avoid wasting time walking to the barrels) and use the dump command on the liquids. Though I would love to have some way to shove items into buildings as an adventurer given that we can't hatch eggs outside of the nestbox and having the ability to do that or stick eggs into the box would promote summoning.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 06:27:12 am »

See, the library that stonesense needs uses something called 'thread local storage'. That is, in the process, there are multiple independent CPU states and TLS makes sure that they don't trample over each other's data. This is *COMPLETELY* broken on XP and Microsoft doesn't want to fix it. So XP users get crashes.

Well, that would explain why all my attempts at running Stonesense failed...

It would have been nice if this were noted anywhere in its documentation  ::)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 06:51:20 am »

it was just recently discovered.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 10:47:14 am »

I'll try to fix this, but really... this is getting ridiculous :<

Ah, okay. I'll be making the move to 7 when I can afford a better CPU for DF. My laptop is just not powerful enough for embarks over 3x3 if I want a decent framerate.

P.S. Fuck you Bill Gates. Fuck you, your company, and especially your foundation.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 03:44:23 pm »

This is working nicely, and you even have the stonesense with all the crazy plants and such enabled.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 04:31:24 pm »

I had to pull stonesense from the Linux release due to X.org and Allegro bugs. I'm also looking for people who managed to make it run (if there's anyone).
Then you might be interested to know that Stonesense from r2 seems to run fine on my Linux box. Which is rather surprising to me, since my distro is such a mess that I sometimes wonder how anything manages to work in it. It's Gentoo, and like you may know, no two Gentoo installations are alike. Anyway, I'm willing to try and locate this something which makes my box so Stonesense-friendly. For starters, I'm using 2.6.37 kernel, X.Org-1.10.2, Allegro 5.0.3. Any ideas what else can be checked?

And BTW, excellent job with making the thing Linux-compatible!
My linux box is pretty much an always updated Arch machine.
Linux 3.0.1, Xorg 1.10.3 and I'm using the proprietary NVIDIA drivers. The ubuntu VMs I tested with used various versions of the kernel and Xorg, but all failed in similar ways: Either very soon, crashing while initializing the keyboard (this failed on a call to pthread_mutex_lock, suggesting wrong initialization order) or a bit later, initializing the display/window (the window shows up, things fail inside the opengl lib and the whole thing deadlocks).

Maybe it's the NVIDIA driver making things work?
If you tried 'weather help' or 'weather ?' it would have worked. Many, if not all (I'd have to check) of the commands this option. I've added the same to the readme doc.
That's a great idea. Hmm. It needs some research though, so it might take me some time to implement it.

P.S. Fuck you Bill Gates. Fuck you, your company, and especially your foundation.
Well, it can be worked around. But it's a PITA for me and the allegro devs...

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 05:09:04 pm »

Aye, I made the old mistake of trying "help weather", and "? weather" instead of vice versa, I forgot the basic reverse input method. Probably my fault of trying to play DF on over 24 hours without sleep.

And RumRusher, thanks for the heads up, I haven't toyed with the adventure mode very often, and have shied away from the DFusion plugin because of all the instability/save-ruin warnings, I will keep that in mind for the future. Until then, I'll just crank out excess wooden buckets, turn off ponds, and try to remember to check them from time to time to dump the messed up ones into the old Dwarven Atom Smasher.

I'm also glad you like the container-emptying tool idea, I hope it doesn't prove too troublesome from the coding and implementing aspect. I apologize for pushing the burden on you like that, but until Toady fixes it in game, or at least implements a "dump contents" designation for items, you were the first obvious choice to come to for aid. If anyone can think of a way around it, it would be you.

And as always, keep up the good work, I'm sure everyone in the DF community appreciates your dedication to making useful DF tools.

P.S. I may have stumbled across potential issue with one of the tools, has anyone else experienced a repeatable "stopped working" game crash when using the "Clear task" plugin while an ambush is occurring?

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 10:16:28 pm »

Maybe it's the NVIDIA driver making things work?
Nope, I have an ATI device. However, I am also using proprietary drivers. This is what may be important.

P.S. ---- you Bill Gates. ---- you, your company, and especially your foundation.
http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/
/* a placeholder for a clever signature */
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 373