Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407849 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r9b
« Reply #540 on: February 21, 2012, 11:59:39 am »

Why did I just get an odd mental image that includes Alfred Hitchcock, ravens, and cherry bombs?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #541 on: February 21, 2012, 12:00:44 pm »

Oh god hurry! I need the clean map hack! The blood! The ravens wont stop coming, and they explode everywhere! So much blood! HELP!
Almost there. Things just need a few tweaks and testing :)

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 21, 2012, 01:44:41 pm »

If I had a lamb, I'd sacrifice it on the shrine of DFHack.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 21, 2012, 03:25:56 pm »

Looking forward to it! Any chance on an ETA?
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 21, 2012, 07:59:12 pm »

Yay autodump! Single best way to clean all that stone up without unnecessary, time consuming hauling.
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 21, 2012, 09:32:03 pm »

Since DF hack is basically using a plugin model have you thought about setting it up so that individual components could be compiled and ready for download as soon as they are tested and flagged ok for a particular version?  I think most people use a subset of the overall whole and it might make it easier to say for example "prospect works, its available" and folks could download that module and use it if that was what they were waiting for.  If nothing else it compartmentalizes the code so that the testing cycle can ok something and toss it out for people while things that need more attention get it.

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 22, 2012, 06:03:32 am »

All I really want now is the die command.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 22, 2012, 06:32:34 am »

2000 microline, blood everywhere, hundreds upon hundreds of useless pieces of goblinite, owned clothes strewn all over my fortress.

DFHack save me!

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 22, 2012, 06:45:35 am »

Hi, I have a feeling this has been asked before but I can't find the post. Is there any chance that DFHack has/will have an option to de-stagnify water? I don't know what I did with my elaborate cistern/well/farming system, was very careful not to link my brook to a murky pool but I have turned all the freshwater on my map stagnant and it would be fantastic if DFHack came out with a simple fix for this. Thanks for working so hard on the update.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 22, 2012, 08:58:06 am »

2000 microline, blood everywhere, hundreds upon hundreds of useless pieces of goblinite, owned clothes strewn all over my fortress.

DFHack save me!

Change microcline color to the same as "kaolinite" (don't choose cobalt, this is better). Then rejoice as you want to build EVERYTHING out of microcline due to its soothing kaolinite color!!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #550 on: February 22, 2012, 09:02:12 am »

Hi, I have a feeling this has been asked before but I can't find the post. Is there any chance that DFHack has/will have an option to de-stagnify water? I don't know what I did with my elaborate cistern/well/farming system, was very careful not to link my brook to a murky pool but I have turned all the freshwater on my map stagnant and it would be fantastic if DFHack came out with a simple fix for this. Thanks for working so hard on the update.
Not a bad idea :) I think there's something like this in the liquids tool already, but only for 'salty' flags. I'll have to check.
All I really want now is the die command.
It IS the command I use the most ;)
Since DF hack is basically using a plugin model have you thought about setting it up so that individual components could be compiled and ready for download as soon as they are tested and flagged ok for a particular version?  I think most people use a subset of the overall whole and it might make it easier to say for example "prospect works, its available" and folks could download that module and use it if that was what they were waiting for.  If nothing else it compartmentalizes the code so that the testing cycle can ok something and toss it out for people while things that need more attention get it.
The problem: the plugins need to be compatible with the stuff they plug into... that's a bit of a problem when that changes as much as it does in DFHack. It's just not that easy.

Anyway, continuing with more dfhack work...

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 22, 2012, 09:06:45 am »

DFHack save me!

Change microcline color to the same as "kaolinite" (don't choose cobalt, this is better). Then rejoice as you want to build EVERYTHING out of microcline due to its soothing kaolinite color!!
It's not that I particularly dislike microline, it's that it's just sitting there preventing me making a tree farm, and hauling it is just impossible.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 22, 2012, 11:11:00 am »

DFHack save me!

It's not that I particularly dislike microline, it's that it's just sitting there preventing me making a tree farm, and hauling it is just impossible.

God, I hate cyan. And I mean I hate cyan.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #553 on: February 22, 2012, 11:17:44 am »

hauling it is just impossible.
No it isn't - you're just not trying hard enough.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:14 pm »

hauling it is just impossible.
No it isn't - you're just not trying hard enough.
I play with a 40 dwarf pop cap. So no, not impossible, but I'd be terrified to even do the maths on how long it would take.

If I had 200 cap, sure, done that before, got plenty of hauling power then.

Anyway the blood and the owned clothing is what's really making me mad! Not a damn thing I can do :(
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 373