Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404984 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.02 r1
« Reply #600 on: February 25, 2012, 04:40:00 am »

it's.... iffy.

far more easy to do is to move engravings from natural walls onto the artificial ones. then you can stick engravings anywhere.

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 25, 2012, 07:17:51 am »

it's.... iffy.

far more easy to do is to move engravings from natural walls onto the artificial ones. then you can stick engravings anywhere.

Hm, wouldn't it be possible to deconstruct the wall, place normal stone then smooth it?

I mean, even if it's not possible with memory editing, can't it be done by resetting the job timer to make the change instant or something?
A Dance With Ice and Fire
An open-world roguelike based off the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 25, 2012, 08:36:14 am »

you can only put a smooth stone wall there if there was normal stone there origionally, which isn't always the case.

far easier is to just move the engraving onto the constructed wall... or onto dirt... or onto a tree.

yes, you can have engraved trees, and the game treats them as such.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 25, 2012, 11:47:01 am »

Hey, nobody mentioned that tiletypes has slightly changed. Wanted to paint m vein and there was no VEIN material. Had to look into help to get it working ;D. Are there any other changes I should expect? Follow works brilliant.
Nice to see the hack back :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #604 on: February 25, 2012, 11:49:03 am »

I want engraved trees ^^ A bit elvish, but hey.

EDIT: Thanks peterix, just found the PM. After looking at the code I might say that this is a bit beyond me, and would rather rely on someone with knowledge of the program to help me set up about 3 reactions to test.

Hope I can find someone. :)

So here we go: I need a volunteer that can make a dfhack script that automatically runs by reading out the gamelog.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:01:14 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tubal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 25, 2012, 07:22:31 pm »

If you cut them down, is the lumber engraved? :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 25, 2012, 09:10:14 pm »

If you cut them down, is the lumber engraved? :)

no. Actually, I'm not sure hat happens

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 25, 2012, 09:35:31 pm »

I want engraved trees ^^ A bit elvish, but hey.

Why does it have to be elvish?  It could be the dorfs grabbing a knife and crudely carving, "Suck it elves!" into every single tree they see and don't log.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

KhaaL

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 26, 2012, 03:27:45 am »

Is it possible to use DFhack to edit specific dwarfs personality, attributes and skills? I know of Runesmith could do that in earlier versions, can DFhack be used for that? is so, with which commands?

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 26, 2012, 04:51:52 am »

I didnīt bother to read all 41 pages so maybe that was already mentioned...

I stumbled upon a problem with obsidian walls: I cheated some magma onto my map (using the newest version of DFHack for 0.34.02) and then used a screw pump to pump it over a water basin. The water directly below the pumpīs output became an obsidian wall, naturally. Currently it looks like this:

(cross section of 3 z levels)

FPPF
OWM

F=open space
O=obsidian wall
M=magma
W=wall/floor

Now I have the problem that I canīt dig out the obsidian wall (set destination to mine, but none of my dwarves goes there and actually digs it out) and I also canīt operate the pump anymore (dwarf goes there and starts to pump, but no magma flow - I would expect the magma being pumped onto the obsidian floor, but that doesnīt happen).

It looks like part of the game (responsible for showing the map) knows about the new obsidian wall, and another part of the game (responsible for handling interaction like magma flow and dig operations) doesnīt know about the wall... just like after digging on a revealed map then unrevealing it afterwards the dug out sections need to be discovered by dwarves again (by digging near them).

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 26, 2012, 08:39:39 am »

Maybe there isn't enough magma below the pump:
Quote from: wiki
The liquid in a pump's intake tile must have a depth of at least 2/7 for the pump to be able to remove any amount of liquid from it.

As for the refuse of digging the obsidian I can just say that i have never experienced such a bug, but that was in 31.25. Tiles cast with tiletypes are digable for me in 34.02 though. Maybe the dwarves just can't find a way to it?

Mazonas

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 26, 2012, 10:40:06 am »

Okay, so the new version of DFhack is really, really confusing.  But, right now, I don't want to learn everything about it (I will, very shortly).  Right now I have a fortress emergency.  My miners dug themselves into a hole and are now so starving hungry they are refusing to dig themselves out.  Can anyone tell me how to use DFhack to create an open path back to the stairwell for them?
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy and apes!

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 26, 2012, 10:57:26 am »

Okay, so the new version of DFhack is really, really confusing.  But, right now, I don't want to learn everything about it (I will, very shortly).  Right now I have a fortress emergency.  My miners dug themselves into a hole and are now so starving hungry they are refusing to dig themselves out.  Can anyone tell me how to use DFhack to create an open path back to the stairwell for them?
You could do try to rescue them without hacking, just dump some food into the hole: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Activity_zone
Other ways include tiletypes(definitely more complicate) or autodump (mark some food with "d" for dumping, place the cursor in the hole and type autodump in the hack-console, and unforbid the food) but I am not sure whether they work in seconds because it sometimes takes some time until hacks in the game get recognized by the dwarves.

Mazonas

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 26, 2012, 11:39:19 am »

I,ve done that in the past, but this isn't a straight-down hole.  It's a multi-z level mess of channels and holes and floors with no direct way to get food down.  Believe me, I tried that
All is gems and pregnancy and apes!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #614 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:29 pm »

I,ve done that in the past, but this isn't a straight-down hole.  It's a multi-z level mess of channels and holes and floors with no direct way to get food down.  Believe me, I tried that
Then use autodump. It's like teleporting items.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 373