Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1405033 times)

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #885 on: March 17, 2012, 01:56:46 am »

Is it possible to control production of one item counting another? First of all to make it possible to control brew/food production. To keep making "something" in still using Plump helmets till it's not enough Dwarven wine. It's also could be usefull to produce bronze armor if fortress has no more steel.
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 17, 2012, 02:26:36 am »

check the workflow command. I think that's what it does

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 17, 2012, 02:47:30 am »

check the workflow command. I think that's what it does
I already use it a lot. But workflow count products of reaction, not something other. It's work perfect for most items, because microcline door in game mechanics is door made of microcline.

Since for example Dwarven wine is not a "brew made of Plump helmets" it's possible to start making "somthing made of pluml helmets in still" but workflow can't stop it when it's enough Dwarven wine. It'll wait for 10 of "brew made of Plump helmets" not for 10 Dwarven wine

And workflow could try maintain 10 steel armor, counting existing steel armor, but it can't count steel bars and start bronze armor if it's less steel than 10 for example.

It could spend last wood log for ash even if it's not so important to make more soap now. So work can't be restricted or permited by other material count. Or maybe it could be done, but I don't know how.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:50:26 am by Rinin_Rus »
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 17, 2012, 05:28:42 am »

The only part of dfusion I ever used was simple_embark to change the number of embark dwarves. Any chance of getting a plugin with that functionality?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 17, 2012, 09:20:12 am »

A question on workflow - how do you get auto-melt to work?  Or drybuckets?  When I try to punch them in, it acts like I entered something wrong and gives the help prompt.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 17, 2012, 09:26:28 am »

I think you enable automelt when you enable workflow.  I think the command is 'workflow enable automelt'.

And a question from me as well.  Is there a command out there to reveal only dig designated tiles?  Sounds like it would be handy for big dig projects near the magma sea and large bodies of water.  Just reveal it all to keep from getting the cancellation when digging without revealing the whole map and seeing unrelated things you didn't wanna accidentally see.  (Like how that spire I was looking at getting to later is actually hollow all the way up.)

And question # 2.  Is there any helpful documentation out there for anybody with an interest that has no experience with real programming, source code, or github, or anything like that?  My request up there sounds to me like something really simple to throw together if I knew what I was doing, and it bugs me to request something that. 

I tried taking a look at skeleton.cpp but other than a few lines I recognize (I know what the includes are, even if I donno exactly how they work) it seems greek.  And I'm pretty sure I don't have the program I would need to do anything with it anyway.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 09:41:49 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 18, 2012, 03:15:42 am »

Since for example Dwarven wine is not a "brew made of Plump helmets" it's possible to start making "somthing made of pluml helmets in still" but workflow can't stop it when it's enough Dwarven wine. It'll wait for 10 of "brew made of Plump helmets" not for 10 Dwarven wine

Dwarven wine should match the pattern "DRINK//MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK".

And workflow could try maintain 10 steel armor, counting existing steel armor, but it can't count steel bars and start bronze armor if it's less steel than 10 for example.

It could spend last wood log for ash even if it's not so important to make more soap now. So work can't be restricted or permited by other material count. Or maybe it could be done, but I don't know how.

This kind of stuff moves dangerously close to full scripting, so if it is to be supported we might as well try allowing the use of arbitrary lua scripts for the decision making step...

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 18, 2012, 05:36:41 am »

And a question from me as well.  Is there a command out there to reveal only dig designated tiles?  Sounds like it would be handy for big dig projects near the magma sea and large bodies of water.  Just reveal it all to keep from getting the cancellation when digging without revealing the whole map and seeing unrelated things you didn't wanna accidentally see.  (Like how that spire I was looking at getting to later is actually hollow all the way up.)

If you donŽt want to spoil yourself you could use "probe" instead of reveal to investigate the tile under your cursor.

But I guess it should be easy to implement something like "revpoint" to reveal one single tile and/or "revpointtoggle" to toggle the hidden bit of one single tile. If you bind that to a key you could easily take a peek at your digging designations.

The method revflood contains everything necessary - get the tile the ingame cursor is at and unhide it. You only need to remove the part where the whole map is hidden and the part with the floodfill. Maybe IŽll try to write that later today, I wanted to start playing around with the dfhack source anyways.

And question # 2.  Is there any helpful documentation out there for anybody with an interest that has no experience with real programming, source code, or github, or anything like that?  My request up there sounds to me like something really simple to throw together if I knew what I was doing, and it bugs me to request something that. 

I tried taking a look at skeleton.cpp but other than a few lines I recognize (I know what the includes are, even if I donno exactly how they work) it seems greek.  And I'm pretty sure I don't have the program I would need to do anything with it anyway.

IŽm guessing you mean a documentation on how to code plugins? Take a look at "Compile.html" in the hack folder, it explains pretty well what you need to do to get the sourcecode and get it to compile. YouŽll need at least some C/C++ knowledge to accomplish anything. Which should not discourage you, learning the basics of C++ is only a matter of a few weeks, probably less if you already know another programming languate.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 18, 2012, 05:52:55 am »

peterix, I saw your post over in the Dwarf Therapist thread about the API. I'm definitely interested in experimenting with that, just to try out some ideas I have about designing a better Therapist-like UI. (I can't promise I will ever finish such a project, only that I want to try it. ;D) The API will make it much, much easier for me to do that.

I don't think the protocols required for such a thing to work are a huge mystery, but laying out the actual protocol data structures is an interesting challenge. For a dwarf, I would want this data at least:

• personal info: name, nickname, sex, caste, baby/child/adult, happiness
  • profession, custom profession name
  • attributes, skills, assigned labors
  • some way of determining (or guessing) which migrant wave he arrived with
  • military squad he belongs to, if any
  • assigned position from the 'n'obles screen

For "edit" APIs, I would want to be able to:

• assign labors
  • change custom profession name
  • change nickname
  • assign a dwarf to a military squad? possible/safe?

Getting live updates on each dwarf's current job when it changes would be interesting, too, but I don't know if it is practical performance-wise. I would be curious about some kind of "efficiency" metric for each dwarf.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 18, 2012, 05:59:31 am »

This kind of stuff moves dangerously close to full scripting, so if it is to be supported we might as well try allowing the use of arbitrary lua scripts for the decision making step...

I think a simpler feature would still be useful without making the tool harder to use. I can't speak for the person you were replying to, but my personal biggest wish for workflow is the ability to constrain a job by input items remaining. I would like to be able to do things like "make ash up to 50 ash, but only if there are at least 20 logs". I don't know how much more complicated this would make the code for the plugin.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 18, 2012, 06:03:57 am »

possibly also according to a specific stockpile, if possible. like "Burn all logs from this pile after the first twenty"

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 18, 2012, 09:59:42 am »

I had something strange happen when using the liquids plugin which I donŽt really understand:

- channelled out a pit as vampire detection flooding chamber
- made that pit a burrow and set civilian alert to use it
- after all dwarves were inside, I flooded it with water using liquids
- almost nobody tried to leave the pit and nobody drowned (which is already weird because it would mean that almost my whole population is vampires)
- dried the pit with setting water level to 0 for the whole range

I did that a couple of times because I lost overview of 60+ dwarves running around in the pit so I put them there in smaller groups.

As effect after the last try some babies remained stuck in the pit. And I could not send anybody there anymore (orders for digging into it a bit deeper and removing the ramps etc were ignored). I investigated some of the tiles with "probe" and it told me that the "flow forbidden" flag is set - whatever that means. Solved the situation by pouring a bit water into it again, once water touched the tiles the bit was removed and the parents were able to grab their kids again.

So... has anybody some insight on what happened there and why?

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 18, 2012, 10:02:58 am »

I haven't had any luck getting workflow to regulate milling, what am I doing wrong? Here are my steps.

Create a mill plant job at my quern
with the mill plant job selected, type "job item-material 1 MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE" into dfhack, this seems to successfully set the Input Item 1 material to dimple cup plant
type "workflow amount POWDER_MISC//MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE:MILL 100" into dfhack.
This sets the constraint without error, but lists "(no jobs)"
Is there a step I am missing in there somewhere to get this to work?

Edit: Ok, I think I figured it out, it only seems to work correctly if I create the workflow constraint BEFORE setting up the job in the workshop.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:04:36 am by telarin »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 18, 2012, 10:04:30 am »

I had something strange happen when using the liquids plugin which I donŽt really understand:

- channelled out a pit as vampire detection flooding chamber
- made that pit a burrow and set civilian alert to use it
- after all dwarves were inside, I flooded it with water using liquids
- almost nobody tried to leave the pit and nobody drowned (which is already weird because it would mean that almost my whole population is vampires)
- dried the pit with setting water level to 0 for the whole range

I did that a couple of times because I lost overview of 60+ dwarves running around in the pit so I put them there in smaller groups.

As effect after the last try some babies remained stuck in the pit. And I could not send anybody there anymore (orders for digging into it a bit deeper and removing the ramps etc were ignored). I investigated some of the tiles with "probe" and it told me that the "flow forbidden" flag is set - whatever that means. Solved the situation by pouring a bit water into it again, once water touched the tiles the bit was removed and the parents were able to grab their kids again.

So... has anybody some insight on what happened there and why?
Similar thing may happen with magma - removing magma with this tool may leave heat traps, where temperature is very high, without remaining magma. It is result of fact that DFHack is a hack that is doing weird things with memory of different program.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 18, 2012, 10:19:31 am »

I think a simpler feature would still be useful without making the tool harder to use. I can't speak for the person you were replying to, but my personal biggest wish for workflow is the ability to constrain a job by input items remaining. I would like to be able to do things like "make ash up to 50 ash, but only if there are at least 20 logs". I don't know how much more complicated this would make the code for the plugin.

The ability to specify an explicit minimal amount constraint on another item attached to a production constraint might not be too bad, i.e. something like:

Code: [Select]
workflow count BAR//ASH 50 having 30 WOOD
# Coal is more important
workflow count BAR//COAL 50 having 15 WOOD

The key bit is linking the additional constraints to existing production constraints, rather than individual jobs.

Similar thing may happen with magma - removing magma with this tool may leave heat traps, where temperature is very high, without remaining magma. It is result of fact that DFHack is a hack that is doing weird things with memory of different program.

Specifically, it does not update temperature or pathfinding information like the game does when the amounts change naturally, because neither of those is fully understood - especially the pathfinding.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 373