Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388524 times)

lukesleftleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.06 r3
« Reply #1095 on: March 30, 2012, 11:41:30 am »

how about mark all crafts for selling? and clothing (the worn ones get left over and dumped on the elves. I tend to sell quivers too even if I don't want to because they go in the same bins. and more of that fun stuff.

That would be very cool too.
Anything to reduce the potential for RSI. :)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 30, 2012, 11:46:01 am »

Damn, release just after DFhack update! Oh well, I can wait.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 30, 2012, 11:59:18 am »

Ok, the new autolabor utility is kind of neat, but I have a few suggestions:

It keep disabling my legendary miners and enabling mining on dwarves with no skill, causing slower mining and loss of material. I suggest that there be a level threshold (either hard coded, or configurable) where it does not disable a labor. For instance, never disable labors if the skill is level is 10 or higher.

Since miners and woodcutters both require particular equipment, it might also be nice to be able to exclude those labors from autolabor entirely, but still have it manage all other labors.

Author of autolabor here. If it's disabling mining on legendary miners, it's probably because they're asleep or eating or similar. It would make sense to keep it enabled so they immediately return to mining when they're done.

Letting you configure how it handles individual labors is on my todo list.
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 30, 2012, 12:34:44 pm »

Ok, the new autolabor utility is kind of neat, but I have a few suggestions:

It keep disabling my legendary miners and enabling mining on dwarves with no skill, causing slower mining and loss of material. I suggest that there be a level threshold (either hard coded, or configurable) where it does not disable a labor. For instance, never disable labors if the skill is level is 10 or higher.

Since miners and woodcutters both require particular equipment, it might also be nice to be able to exclude those labors from autolabor entirely, but still have it manage all other labors.

Author of autolabor here. If it's disabling mining on legendary miners, it's probably because they're asleep or eating or similar. It would make sense to keep it enabled so they immediately return to mining when they're done.

Letting you configure how it handles individual labors is on my todo list.

Awesome, thanks. Other than those couple of little issues, I really like the tool. Means I spend more time playing DF and planning projects and less time micro-managing labors in Dwarf Therapist.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 30, 2012, 01:25:38 pm »

Cant wait to test out autolabor, but goddamn, damn yu df updates!
Anyway, lets gen a new world while waiting for dfhack to update!
I adbandond because my carpenter was convinced that at the bottom of the waterfall was a awesome place to be.
NOTE: I accidently embarked on that waterfall, lol, i guess im lucky. or unlucky.
Great job again, i cant do without autodump, else my food stockpile will only be ready for use after 10 years.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 30, 2012, 01:27:51 pm »

* Japa is using autolabor in the new version and is enjoying it.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 30, 2012, 02:35:49 pm »

Okay so for someone who can't actually play right now (me), what is autolabor actually doing? I don't think I've seen much info pop up anywhere.

toasteur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 30, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »

Okay so for someone who can't actually play right now (me), what is autolabor actually doing? I don't think I've seen much info pop up anywhere.

direct copy from the source code:
When enabled, autolabor periodically checks your dwarves and enables or
 disables labors. It tries to keep as many dwarves as possible busy but
 also tries to have dwarves specialize in specific skills.
 Warning: autolabor will override any manual changes you make to labors
 while it is enabled.

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »

DFusion is back? I happy. I so very-est happy.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:57 pm »

It checks all your dwarfs every second or so and enables/disables labors based on their skills and what they're doing. The actual logic is complicated, but it essentially tries to keep every dwarf busy while still specializing your dwarfs in what they're skilled at.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 30, 2012, 03:28:51 pm »

Mhm okay thanks, I think I get the idea. I guess the next question then would be, is it 'cheating' in any way or is just making things very efficient within the rules of the game?

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 30, 2012, 03:31:17 pm »

Mhm okay thanks, I think I get the idea. I guess the next question then would be, is it 'cheating' in any way or is just making things very efficient within the rules of the game?

It doesn't cheat at all, it just sets labors.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 30, 2012, 03:31:44 pm »

It's just the equivalent of you reassigning all your dwarves' jobs the moment they finish one to make them do whatever job needs doing that they're still good at, AFAIK. So it's not "cheating" in terms of something impossible to do manually, but it is in terms of you never would do it manually... ;P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 30, 2012, 03:41:54 pm »

Yeah okay thanks, I was just wondering. Sounds cool!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 30, 2012, 03:45:58 pm »

so, when you have a lot of masonry work to be done it looks for the most likely targets (eg, idlers)?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 373