Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1408079 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r1
« Reply #2160 on: July 10, 2012, 06:17:42 pm »

maybe you have to invoke "ruby" first, then the commands associated with it? Or did you try that?

how do you "invoke" it? The readme doesn't really say anything except that the plugin is required.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »

Well, the only thing on the entirety of the DF forums is this thread and another mod that mentions "ruby" and then "plugin" sometime later. That is probably the shortest list of search results you could ever hope to get.

Anyway, I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about anyway. I was thinking it may be like liquids, where you ahve to type "liquids," then press enter before you can start using the commands that depend on the liquids plugin.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 10, 2012, 07:47:19 pm »

Well, the only thing on the entirety of the DF forums is this thread and another mod that mentions "ruby" and then "plugin" sometime later. That is probably the shortest list of search results you could ever hope to get.

Anyway, I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about anyway. I was thinking it may be like liquids, where you ahve to type "liquids," then press enter before you can start using the commands that depend on the liquids plugin.
I'm talking about these functions. 
https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/README.rst#id176

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2163 on: July 10, 2012, 08:01:35 pm »

If you want the ruby plugin, you'll need to download the sources and compile DFHack yourself - the next release will probably include it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Thrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 11, 2012, 07:21:18 am »

Hello,

first many thx to Peterix for his awesome work.
One question, the old DFHack was a version with so many of separated commandline utilities now there is one console with all the commands available. But I used a GUI programm to start those small programms and now this is not working.
Is there a way to call all the new commands from a GUI process and may be hiding the console window?

Best regards

Thrall

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 11, 2012, 08:21:55 am »

Hello,

One question, the old DFHack was a version with so many of separated commandline utilities now there is one console with all the commands available. But I used a GUI programm to start those small programms and now this is not working.
Is there a way to call all the new commands from a GUI process and may be hiding the console window?

Best regards

Thrall

You can call any of the DFHack commands from outside DF using the "dfhack-run" script. For instance, to run "reveal", you would open up a console, change to the DF directory, and run "dfhack-run reveal".

Hopefully you can retrofit your GUI program to use this method.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:35 am »

Well, this seems as likely a thread as any to ask.  I see that some of the modders on here use Interactive Disassembler (IDA) for patching bugs.  I looked at IDA's official page but I think I pooped a little when I saw the price tag of $550.

I'm guessing few of the people using disassemblers are using a full price version, so what are you using?  LIDA?  Something else?  Got some links?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 11, 2012, 11:07:26 am »

Quietust uses an older version of Ida. I don't know what anybody else uses.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 11, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »

Code: [Select]
print(df.global.world.raws.syndromes.all[50 or whatever].syn_affected_class[0].value)
Figured it out by doing

printall(df.global.world.raws.syndromes.all[50 or whatever].syn_affected_class[0])
I saw this and the sun shone through the leaves...

Then I wrote this script:
function showhidden()

for fnUnitCount,fnUnit in ipairs(df.global.world.units.all) do
    if (fnUnit.race ~= df.global.ui.race_id) then
if fnUnit.flags1.dead ==false then
if fnUnit.flags1.hidden_in_ambush then
print(fnUnit.flags1.hidden_in_ambush,fnUnit.race,fnUnit.pos.x,fnUnit.pos.y,fnUnit.pos.z,df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[fnUnit.race].creature_id, dfhack.TranslateName(dfhack.units.getVisibleName(fnUnit)))
end
end
end
end
print(df.global.world.raws.syndromes.all[2].syn_affected_class[0].value)
print("--")
printall(df.global.world.raws.syndromes.all[2].syn_affected_class)
print("--")
printall(df.global.world.raws.syndromes.all[2].syn_affected_class[0])
print("--")
printall(df.global.world.raws.syndromes.all[2])
print("--")
printall(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[641])
print(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[641].name[0])
print("--------------------")
print("-- dfhack")
printall(dfhack)
print("-- dfhack.gui")
printall(dfhack.gui)
print("-- dfhack.units")
printall(dfhack.units)
print("-- dfhack.event")
printall(dfhack.event)
print("-- dfhack.job")
printall(dfhack.job)
print("-- df.global")
printall(df.global)
print("-- df.global.ui")
printall(df.global.ui)
print("-- df.global.world")
printall(df.global.world)
end

showhidden()

Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 11, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

It was recommended to me that I put my script request here.

I'd like to be able to disable and reenable [can_speak] tag of a creature in adventure mode. The goal here is to butcher your sentient enemies (say, elves) after killing them to make armor out of them. The [intelligence] tag might work too? I don't know much about memory editing, but apparently my obsession can only be solved by a lua script, removing the tag before butchering, and then putting it back, (I think it would be can_speak or intelligence), to continue playing the game.

I would very much appreciate if anyone has the spare time the help me out. If not, any scripting resources that would help me accomplish this would be very helpful. Thanks to anyone willing to help make adventure mode just a little more dwarfy! Elf leather quivers for everyone!

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 11, 2012, 02:39:26 pm »

It was recommended to me that I put my script request here.

I'd like to be able to disable and reenable [can_speak] tag of a creature in adventure mode. The goal here is to butcher your sentient enemies (say, elves) after killing them to make armor out of them. The [intelligence] tag might work too? I don't know much about memory editing, but apparently my obsession can only be solved by a lua script, removing the tag before butchering, and then putting it back, (I think it would be can_speak or intelligence), to continue playing the game.

I would very much appreciate if anyone has the spare time the help me out. If not, any scripting resources that would help me accomplish this would be very helpful. Thanks to anyone willing to help make adventure mode just a little more dwarfy! Elf leather quivers for everyone!

I thought this was handled through a race's ethics.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 11, 2012, 04:52:27 pm »

Unfortunately not for adventure mode. The actual eating and crafting is ethics I believe, but you have to be starving to butcher sentients or you get the message "You are not hungry enough for that."

Thrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 13, 2012, 08:31:12 am »

Hello,

Best regards

Thrall

You can call any of the DFHack commands from outside DF using the "dfhack-run" script. For instance, to run "reveal", you would open up a console, change to the DF directory, and run "dfhack-run reveal".

Hopefully you can retrofit your GUI program to use this method.

Hello,

thx Danaris for the fast answer, it works like a charm.
But here is the next question, is there a way to hide the DFHack console window (which is automatically opened with DF)?

Best regards

Thrall

NineFourEightSeven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »

Minimize it?

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 16, 2012, 01:57:53 pm »

I am trying to check the status of some eggs. 
When I try this:
printall(item.unk_cc)I get
--------------------unk_cc
anon_1                   = -1
anon_2                   = -1
anon_3                   = -1
anon_4                   = -1
anon_5                   = -1
anon_6                   = -1
anon_7                   = 0

Across many eggs only anon_7 changes from 0 to -1.

Does anyone know what these values mean? In the dfusion package I found this code but don't know what to do with it :
function items.eggs()
myoff=offsets.getEx("Items") -- first find out where "item vector" is
vector=engine.peek(myoff,ptr_vector) --  get list of items
for i=0,vector:size()-1 do --look at each item
rti=engine.peek(vector:getval(i),ptr_item.RTI)
if ptr_item.getname(nil,rti)=="item_eggst" then
egg=engine.peek(vector:getval(i),ptr_subitems["item_eggst"])
egg.isfertile=1
egg.hatchtime=0xffffff
--egg.race=123 -- change race for fun times
engine.poke(vector:getval(i),ptr_subitems["item_eggst"],egg)
end
end
end

I have a feeling this part is REALLY outdated.
Dan Pearson:
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 373