Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1398782 times)

DoctorOr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r1
« Reply #2265 on: August 22, 2012, 04:24:25 am »

Is there a way to set designations (digging, channeling, etc) from lua?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: August 22, 2012, 04:26:37 am »

There is, but if you want to do lots of them, it's better to write a plugin for whatever you're trying to do.

DoctorOr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: August 22, 2012, 05:41:50 am »

It's more about getting all the fiddly bits correct than about any mass designations that would take awhile. Plus, I don't have a windows build environment, or a linux game environment.

So how is it done in lua? I was unable to find a way in the documentation.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: August 22, 2012, 07:31:45 am »

Some exciting new stuff has been added to DFHack over the past few days - thanks to angavrilov, it's now possible to override virtual methods on classes, and some new helper code has been added for manipulating the screen buffers. So far, 3 tools have been written making use of this:

1. A simple development plugin which overrides viewscreen_titlest::render() in order to superimpose the DFHack version on the title screen.
2. A Lua script which, when triggered under the appropriate circumstances (in Dwarf mode, using the [q] cursor, and hovering over a lever or a triggerable building), creates an overlay which lets you browse which buildings are linked to a particular lever (or which levers are linked to a particular building, depending on what you selected).
3. A plugin which hooks viewscreen_unitlistst::feed(...) and checks for presses of the [l]abors key (as used from the [v] cursor), at which point it opens a new viewscreen which implements a very simple (and currently incomplete) Therapist-style labor manager within Dwarf Fortress itself.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Cool progress!

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: August 22, 2012, 08:08:30 am »

Wholeheartedly agree with vjek about the industrial grade awesome-sauce dripping all over this development.

Also, allow me to offer my thanks to the countless hours spent adding !!FUN!! by the bushel basket by all of the DFHack developers.  My Kitten Ichor coated -<*Pig Tail Fiber Cap*>- goes off to all of you!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: August 23, 2012, 03:59:56 am »

3. A plugin which hooks viewscreen_unitlistst::feed(...) and checks for presses of the [l]abors key (as used from the [v] cursor), at which point it opens a new viewscreen which implements a very simple (and currently incomplete) Therapist-style labor manager within Dwarf Fortress itself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

espenhw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: August 23, 2012, 04:23:35 am »

Good news, everyone!

After much rigamarole and trying various options, we finally have a build of DFHack for Mac OS X that should work for most people.

You can get it here for now.

Please try it out, and let us know if it works for you.

Returning to DF after a long hiatus, this is ... like ... the best news EVER!   :)

This build works fine for me (MBPro with 10.7.4)

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: August 23, 2012, 12:04:20 pm »

@Japa amazing, true dwarf fortress style.

Some exciting new stuff has been added to DFHack over the past few days - thanks to angavrilov, it's now possible to override virtual methods on classes, and some new helper code has been added for manipulating the screen buffers.
Does this mean you finally could translate the in game menues by overriding them? I mean thats was has been asked so very often...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: August 23, 2012, 12:25:40 pm »

translating the menus would mean re-making every single one, because we can't modify existing screens, only add new ones.

And it's not dwarf-fortress style, it's a hacked-in ingame menu.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: August 23, 2012, 08:27:55 pm »

Nala, Gorzad, Runti, Durar, Chalo, Nalraka, Belisch, Durni, Dwinina, Gilunn, Thorin, Caltri, Gruala, Balak, Munnos  and Boflin: This and many more (total of 2200 female and 2200 male) first names can be generated with the following lua script, providing every Dwarf with an individual Name.

Why this?
->More remarkable Dwarven Names (not every fourth Dwarf is called "Inod" but every 4000th)
->Gender distinguishable by name (female ending on -a, -e or -i)
->easy expandable

Code: [Select]
--Nameparts by http://jtevans.kilnar.com/rpg/dnd/tools/dwarf.php, Aerval
local firstnamepart = {"Ar", "At", "B", "Bal", "Bel", "Bil", "Bof", "Bol", "Bul", "Cal", "Chal", "D", "Dal", "Dor", "Dw", "Far", "Gil", "Gim", "Grun", "Ing", "In", "Kil", "Kl", "Mor", "Nal", "Nor", "Ov", "Th", "Thor", "Thr", "Bar", "Bro", "Dim", "Dru", "Dur", "Dwin", "Fim", "Gar", "Gom", "Gor", "Gri", "Gro", "Gru", "Grun", "Ha", "Har", "Her", "Ket", "Mun", "Rag", "Run", "Sim", "Stor", "Thin", "Ur", "Thar"};
local female_secondpart = {"a", "ala", "ana", "ia", "ila", "ina", "ola", "ona", "goli", "dina", "kka", "e", "fine", "i", "zadi", "ondi", "umma", "undi", "unni", "kona", "gini", "mina", "raka", "bari", "bura", "ili", "rundi", "rimi", "tri", "tria", "gari", "tila", "dria", "nia", "ria", "dri", "ni", "ri", "grima", "ti"};
local male_secondpart = {"aim", "ain", "ak", "ard", "eff", "ip", "ar", "im", "in", "isch", "lin", "hold", "oco", "o", "or", "ur", "gol", "din", "kk", "nos", "ond", "od", "zad", "ond", "um", "und", "unn", "kon", "gin", "min", "on", "rak", "bar", "bur", "il", "rund", "rim", "gar", "til", "grim", "van"};

local dwarfRace = df.global.ui.race_id;
math.randomseed(dwarfRace)
for index,unit in pairs(df.global.world.history.figures) do --Renaming all the historical dwarves
if ( unit.race == dwarfRace ) then
if (unit.sex ~= 0) then
unit.name.first_name = firstnamepart[math.random(#firstnamepart)]..male_secondpart[math.random(#male_secondpart)];
else
unit.name.first_name = firstnamepart[math.random(#firstnamepart)]..female_secondpart[math.random(#female_secondpart)];
end
--unit.name.words[0] = -1;
--unit.name.words[1] = -1;
end
end
for index,unit in pairs(df.global.world.units.all) do --Renaming pretty much everyone else
if ( unit.race == dwarfRace ) then
if (unit.sex ~= 0) then
unit.name.first_name = firstnamepart[math.random(#firstnamepart)] .. male_secondpart[math.random(#male_secondpart)];
else
unit.name.first_name = firstnamepart[math.random(#firstnamepart)].. female_secondpart[math.random(#female_secondpart)];
end
--unit.name.words[0] = -1;
--unit.name.words[1] = -1;
end
end
print("firstnamepart: "..#firstnamepart.."\nfemale: "..#female_secondpart.."\nmale: "..#male_secondpart);

Credits:
expwnent for his DwarvenHeritage script (both scripts can be combined)
http://jtevans.kilnar.com/rpg/dnd/tools/dwarf.php -> Dwarven Name generator
Dfhack and DFusion crew

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: August 24, 2012, 06:44:59 am »

This is a glorious day for all of B12.

But why no Professor Farnsworth reference? "Good news, everyone!"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 24, 2012, 11:07:55 am »

Aerval: that script can give inconsistent names for dwarves that are both historical and local. That might cause issues with reclaim or later forts in the same world.

Lyons

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 24, 2012, 09:18:13 pm »

Hello all! (first time posting here, long time lurker)

After using the fastdwarf plugin for DFHack after some time, I get the message "Migrants were too nervous to travel to your fortress this season" (Not the exact words, but you get my drift). Has anybody else gotten this message? What's it caused by, and how do I get rid of it?

(Also: I don't know if this is a cause, but I had revealed the map using reveal all, saved the game, and when I went back, everything was revealed, and wouldn't revert after unreveal. Are the migrants too scared of the subterranean creatures that are being detected as present creatures?)

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: August 25, 2012, 07:30:42 am »

After using the fastdwarf plugin for DFHack after some time, I get the message "Migrants were too nervous to travel to your fortress this season" (Not the exact words, but you get my drift). Has anybody else gotten this message? What's it caused by, and how do I get rid of it?

If your fortress racks up an enormous death-toll and runs out of supplies, the migrant wave generated by factors that attract them (generated wealth etc) can get completely negated and nobody wants to come to your fort. This is different from when you just haven't made enough progress to get new people (the message then is "Your fortress failed to attract any migrants this season.")

So this is a normal game feature. How it could be caused by fastdwarf I have no idea, but there it is. It's not a message that's actually generated by fastdwarf or DFhack though.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 27, 2012, 03:54:55 am »

is there a command to unhide missing dwarf bodies?

I have three that died, became ghost and got memorialized, but I'm curious as where it happened because I've sent my woodchopper to clean trees everywhere from caverns to mountains and they did not found any body.

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 373